Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weightloss Challenge

Aaaagh! I'm back to 202. Sure, it's PMS bloating, but I'm still mad.

Okay Its Monday and I'm so excited. I've lost 28 pounds since the challenge started!!! I said I'd lose at least 25 WOOOOHOOOO!!!! I went over goal by 3 pounds!!! YIPPPIE!!!!! This is my offical weigh in for the end of the challenge!!!

Down to 298. Not as much as I'd hoped to lose, but, a good start, and at least I'm out of those pesky 300s =)

Okay, it looks like you guys are wrapping it up just when I'm ready to hop on the challenge...who wants to start a new one for the next three months? Someone come up with the time frame and the "rules" and start a new thread!!! I'm in!

Back in Twonesia with Aunt Flo at 203 for my official end-of-challenge weight today. Funny, when we started all those months ago, I smugly thought I'd lose those 12 lbs. by sometime in April. Here it's June 1 and I have only a nine-pound loss. Still, if I didn't have the band, I'd hate to think what my weight would be. So I'm resolved to pull my socks up, wait till nature plops me back in Onederland (I hope!), and get on with the summer fun.

Kathy, I am definitely up for a summer challenge. Let me think about it . . . meanwhile, I'm going to check Jonathan's page to see how our merry band of bandsters has fared. Congratulations to all losers!

Back in Twonesia with Aunt Flo at 203 for my official end-of-challenge weight today. Funny, when we started all those months ago, I smugly thought I'd lose those 12 lbs. by sometime in April. Here it's June 1 and I have only a nine-pound loss. Still, if I didn't have the band, I'd hate to think what my weight would be. So I'm resolved to pull my socks up, wait till nature plops me back in Onederland (I hope!), and get on with the summer fun.

Kathy, I am definitely up for a summer challenge. Let me think about it . . . meanwhile, I'm going to check Jonathan's page to see how our merry band of bandsters has fared. Congratulations to all losers!

If we are exercising at all while we do this thing, we will be building muscle. That will have an effect on how much weight we lose... in spurts. Building muscle will add weight, but then it will speed up your metabolism which will cause you to lose weight faster... it's an ebb and flow.

For the next challenege, I'd like to do a before/after challenge, complete with pictures. A summer challenge, ending on Labor day sounds about right to me. I can update the software I wrote to include the ability to upload a before picture, and a current/after picture (that could change as often as people wanted to upload one.) The scale doesn't always tell the whole stories... pictures don't lie! =) (Well, ok, they can... but let's say they can't for the sake of supporting my argument.)

Just an idea =)

Jonathan

Thanks for the encouragement, Jonathan. I got an epidural steroid injection on Friday which is adding to my Water retention; on the plus side, I'm in no danger of collapsing from overly thin ankles.

Congratulations on crossing into Twonesia! That's a great milestone. I may have beat you across the '99 line, but I've moved back to my old homeland, so you are the official '99 winner!

As for the Labor Day photographic challenge, I'm in, as long as I don't have to show my legs. Or belly. Or. . . Say, can I just wear a burka for the picture?

As for the Labor Day photographic challenge, I'm in, as long as I don't have to show my legs. Or belly. Or. . . Say, can I just wear a burka for the picture?

LMAO, you are so funny Zoe!

I'm in, but I need some instrucions on how to do this...someone tell me, go here, do this, start this day, along the way do this...blah, blah, spell it out for me! Just pretend I'm in, say, the 8th grade and I'll be okay. Let's do it!!! Yeehaw!!

Yep! Im in too! Jonathan, you gonna get this one going? I LOVE the idea about the before and after pics. Great idea!

It's official! Okay, I have not lost any weight in the last month. I beleive I gained one back too, but you know what, that's okay too. I had my first fill yesterday.

I'm in for the next challenge.

Ended this challenge at 250.

Yep! Im in too! Jonathan, you gonna get this one going? I LOVE the idea about the before and after pics. Great idea!

Yeah, in a week or so. =)

SO is the weight loss challenge still going now that it is June 2nd? Who won?

The formatting is whack, but you can probably decipher this, or go to www.waistingaway.com and click on "Weight Loss Challenege". You can sort by weight lost to see the order.

Name Starting Weight Current Weight Total Loss

Jamie 253 225 28

Princess_n_thep 217 191 26

Banded&tattooed 389 369 20

BigT 441 422 19

Bigmom 262 245 17

Jonathan 315 298 17

Vinesqueen 267 250 17

Paula 202 186 16

Panda 199 185 14

Ladiebird 269 256 13

Kelly 179 167 12