Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mardis Gras Week Surgeries!!!

We have a lot of surgeries this week!

Four on Monday

Five on Tuesday

Two on Wednesday

Two on Thursday (that's my date)

One on Friday

That's 14 total!

How appropriate is it that we are getting banded on the week of Lent!!! We are giving up food! <grin>

Everyone keep us posted as to how you are doing!!!

Monday I will start taking showers with the Hibiclens then Tuesday and Wednesday I do Clear liquids until surgery. It's going to be an interesting week.

Good Luck on your surgery Karen! I pray that all goes smoothly for you.

My surgery isn't until the end of the month, so I'll be looking forward to hearing how things went for all the Victorious Valentines at the beginning. :rolleyes:

Good Luck on your surgery Karen! I pray that all goes smoothly for you.

My surgery isn't until the end of the month' date=' so I'll be looking forward to hearing how things went for all the Victorious Valentines at the beginning. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Thanks Rhapsody! You're going to let us be the guinea pigs huh??? Nice!!!! LOL

I tell you what, I am about tired of waiting. I don't know how some of the people that have had long waits do it!

Good luck on your surgery too! I am sure we will all live up to our name!

Thanks Rhapsody! You're going to let us be the guinea pigs huh??? Nice!!!! LOL

ROFL . . . that was great Karen! Too funny :biggrin:

But you're right, waiting is the hardest part! I was almost a January "bandster", but some of my pre-op doctor appointments got changed from December to later January (by the doctors, not me). So I had to wait a bit longer . . . but I'm not complaining, I've got my surgery date, I'm on the pre-op diet, things are finally happening!

And just think . . . by the end of the month, when you're all recovered and enjoying the "mushies" food stage, I'll be just going into surgery! I know I'm gonna be sooooooo nervous! You can sit back, relax, and be glad that it's all over with! :rolleyes:

Hugs and may your surgery/recovery be smooth!

It's a big week for us Victorious Valentines!! I keep laughing that my surgery is on Fat Tuesday/Super Tuesday!! The nerves are creeping in!!I'm so glad I'm not doing this alone.

Sending the positive "mojo" out to all of us who will be in "bandland" by the end of the week!

Hugs,

Amy

That is the best "FAT Tuesday". It will be our LAST Fat Tuesday ever. And that is it, I am going to stick to my Lenten promise this year, there is no way that I will not, my band will make sure of it. I always slip up at the end.

The only thing I am wondering is how on earth are we supposed to get our protien in when we are not supposed to eat meat on Fridays (I do not eat fish)? Guess I'll be eating lots of refried FF Beans :eek: :frown:

Good luck tomorrow. I'm so nervous today, trying to get some Water in, and eating my jell-o and broth, I'm not even hungry, but I know I should eat something.

Whew....the nerves are kicking in. This time tomorrow I'll be knocking back ice chips and sips of Water....GOOD TIMES!!

Patti- I'm with you. Finding it hard to get anything down as my nerves are wiping away my appetite. Hmmmm....hopefully it will reflect on the scale tomorrow and put us that much closer to goal!! To everyone else getting banded tomorrow just remember...it will be our LAST Fat Tuesday!

Whew....the nerves are kicking in. This time tomorrow I'll be knocking back ice chips and sips of Water....GOOD TIMES!!

Patti- I'm with you. Finding it hard to get anything down as my nerves are wiping away my appetite. Hmmmm....hopefully it will reflect on the scale tomorrow and put us that much closer to goal!! To everyone else getting banded tomorrow just remember...it will be our LAST Fat Tuesday!

Good luck marathoner!!!! Let us know how you are doing when you are feeling up to it!

ok doing better right now, this morning was a little hard. not much on gas pains i can handle well ok. really stiff and having hard time with blood thinner shots, my dr requires them for 2 weeks. hubby has been doing them. i said for him to go to work for a bit to get out of the house. he needed it. pain meds are helping. feeling grateful but still sore. lots of rumbling in my belly. hospital stay was great morphine drip helped alot. moving slow, but moving well after more than 48 hours.

thanks so much.:)