Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Losers -- check in and let us know how your day is

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and glad to see there are others that were banded in December! :tt1:

Since I was filled with 5cc, things have... gotten tighter! :regular_smile: But what is weird is I didn't feel it as tight last week, as I have the last 2 or 3 days... Is that weird???

Is anyone else having trouble giving up drinking when you do eat??? :biggrin: However, if I'm eating something drier, I need a drink! :blushing: If the food is soft and moisture in it, I can do a better not drinking when I'm eating....

Glad you have joined us Girlmoose. Hope we can be a great help to you!

I have heard that sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks for a body to adjust to a fill. I guess that is why the docs require so much time between fills. If you go in two weeks later, it's possible that you just haven't adjusted, and then they fill you more....that sounds like disaster.

I don't really miss drinking with meals. I never really did anyways. I was too busy stuffing my face to stop and enjoy a drink too. My team said that it wasn't prohibited to drink to wash something down. That is allowed. Just drink only enough to do the job. They also said the key was to not have the dry stuff to eat too. I guess, I would suggest, before you take the drink ask yourself why you are doing so. Do you NEED to or do you WANT to? Only take those sips that you NEED. Hopefully that will help.

Again, welcome aboard. I hope you are loving your band as much as I am.

Twilight, sorry to hear about the kids... :eek: Tis the season... :biggrin: Stay well and healthy. You don't need to get sick too. I'm kind of scared about getting the flu and etc. I can't imagine tossing my Cookies... (I think I mean what little food I'm eating up... My cookie days are pretty much gone... :blushing:)

Thanks for the advise about the fill. I had no idea it could take a couple of weeks. I assumed "it's filled, it's filled"... Not that it continues to change the next couple of weeks. Great info! Now I won't think that I am crazy and imagining things! :tongue2:

My husband has a BAD herniated disk, he got a steroid injection today so we were at the Doctors office and surgical center all day today... I had 1/2 cup oatmeal today... Definitely under 2/3 c. Thank goodness I had a Nutri Grain bar in my purse or I probably would have crawled and begged for food from people nearby. :eek: There was nothing around but hot green tea which was nice at first but by the time we were out of there, I was so hungry my stomach hurt. :frown: I tried to drive carefully and miss all the bumps in the road but I felt like a horse headed back to the barn and knows it's feeding time! :eek::regular_smile:

I ate a little chicken, veggie & brown rice combo... Left overs... It was so GOOD! It went down pretty well with Water... IF I didn't rush things... But I have been COLD all day until now... I read somewhere that after you are banded and you don't eat enough, that is your bodies way of going into the slow metabolism mode and your weight loss slows down... :sad: Thank goodness tonight that has gone away with the healthy dinner and I was able to eat about 1/2 cup of food... maybe a little more... YIPEE! What an improvement from bites at a time and you CAN'T eat any more... I feel better eating 1/2 c. of food. Thanks for the advice about the Water too! I haven't drank near enough today so I'm going to work on that tonight.

Good luck with the kiddos and stay well! Glad to hear your excited about Monday too! :tt1:

Girlmoose

Well it is Saturday and I am getting so excited about getting my fill on Monday. I am to the point that I think I could eat as much as pre-op if I let myself. I have definitely been going over my 1c. max. I try to portion out onto my plate the right amount but I am still eating more. Not a ton more mind you and definitely a lot less than I used to.

I broke through a barrier yesterday! I walked 2 miles with my "walk away the pounds" video. Before this I couldn't have walked 1/2 mile. Or let me rephrase that....I probably could have, but never would have. And 2 miles felt great. I was so proud of myself. Still am actually. I wanted to shout it to everyone I saw last night. I walked 2 miles!!!!!!

Chris....where are you? I've been looking for your updates. You are such an inspiration and a great motivator. I need you for that!!! Come tell us about your days....And everyone else to.

Oh...Chris....how is your scale doing? Did you do the plywood thing or what?

Gotta run for awhile. I'll check back later guys!

Hi Buddy .. . I'm here . . . I'm so busy at work, I seldom get on during the days . . . and I'm exhausted at night with the pandamonium from my two grandkids around here that I either grab my stuff and go to the pool to exercise (didn't do it at all this week) . . . or I go hide in my bedroom and shut the world out by closing the door . . .which my cats don't like at all . . . I've been up since 4 am with the screaming grandson again . . . I need a NAP!

The scale still does it's thing . . . but I realize that when I get a "sneak peek" at a number, it usually shows up and stays within the next two days. I don't really have room for plywood in there either . . . it is a TINY little space . . . but I'm still slowly going down . . . I have a hunch I won't get a fill on Thursday because he like to keep things at 1-2 lbs a week . . .and I'm definitely doing that . . . sooooo . . . I'll see what he says. Just had my fitness class at the beach today . . . it's a once a month requirement the doctor's office pays for . . . well we paid $300 up front before the surgery for all the post op stuff . . . but it's a good group of people . . . all patients of the same surgeon . . . and most of them are at the support groups too . . . so we are networking and watching each other on our journeys . . . we are both bypass and lapband . . . and man did one lady have an attitude today . . . she wasn't going to move one hand or one foot any more than 2 inches . . . so why come? ughhhh.

Have a good one everyone!

Chris

well all i had my second fill this past monday and lovin it. im down 5 pounds woohoooooooooo. hopefully it stays goin this way. hope things are good with all.

Rochelle- You give me hope for Monday. I've been holding steady for the past 3 weeks and I'm dying to see the scale drop some more. I have started walking again so that will help.

I did two miles yesterday and two miles today. It kicked my butt but I stayed with it until the end.

Keep us posted on your progress Rochelle!

hey steph,

hope things go great for you!! have you done sorta what i call a body shock to get a boost on losing weight again after you hit a stand still, I increase my calories for 2 days and then go back down to the calories i was previously eating and i starting seeing the scale go down. that might help if you never tried it but the next fill should help tremendesly for you. good luck!

Hi all!! I was banded on December 28th and I definetly have my good days and bad days. I have found that if I go longer than 2 days in between exercise that it is hard to get motivated. I got my first fill 2 weeks ago and I go for a second next Monday (the 18th). I am sooo glad that I got this band. It is changing my life. I am in a play at a community theater right now and I think I maybe under 200 for the opening night. I am so excited about that. I was never a heavy person until I had my second daughter, then I just couldn't get it off. One thing I do every week is make up a big salad in a sealed container and I put EVERYTHING in it (minus croutons). Then during the week I eat it with some cubedup chicken breast. It is so handy and so filling. Well good luck on your fill. My first fill was good for about a week but now I am more hungry faster.

I got my 3rd fill last monday I finially got some restrictions today, I only have a 20 min. lunch at work I had a south beach diet meal it was like a chicken taco thing. I think I was eating to fast I had a PB. It was more like the acid reflux of old. I am on meds. from the doc. been on them for about 6 yrs and no problem now after this last fill I have it bad again. Bad chest pains when I eat. So I guess I will try slowing down and maybe just taking a shake for my lunch so I don't have to eat so fast and see how that works.

I'm home from my fill. I'm hoping that this is the first step in the right direction. I have lost 6.2 lbs in the last month. My team is happy about my loss. I wish it was more. I wish it was 12 instead.

I'm hoping that this fill will jump start me.

Hopefully I'll have more time to post tomorrow. Night losers

Great job Destiny! Big difference! :scared2:

Hope you're getting jump started today Steph!

I'm sick as a dog (caught the cold my grandkids have AGAIN) . . . but have to go into work . . . it's busy season . . .and we have one on vacation (figure that out!) Oh well .. .I'll drug myself up and go sit in my corner and get through the day!

Have a great day everyone!

Chris