Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Hey Everyone!

I have been horrible about checking in here. Life is just so busy for me right now! My brother and sister n law just lost their baby yesterday and she was 6 months along in her pregnancy so we are all just trying to be there for them and get through the services to come. I cancelled my fill for Monday. My weight is still constant but I am restricted pretty good. I just havent had my head totally in the game much since the wedding. Thank goodness I'm not gaining! I plan on getting back on track soon and grinding down to get my weight off. I check in even if I do not update, so I always read what you guys are posting. Hopefully soon we can all get together!

Activity is also my biggest problem. Even though I have been walking, it seems the rest of the day is laundry, computer, tv, etc, quite boring. It's too hot to do too much and too expensive. That's why I think going back to work will help. At least I will be on my feet most of the day and a lot more active.

Hey guys, I'm around but haven't had time to post. We were out of town all last week. I'm trying to figure out what the deal is wiht me...I get a fill and I will drop 4-5 pounds immediately after. They as soon as I eat food, I end up gaining 2-3 back. So I spend the rest of the time between fills trying to loose those pounds that came back. I am finally back to where I was when I signed up for the Labor Day challenge. I didn't eat horribly while out of town, adn I did pretty good with drinking my Water, so I don't know what made me gain a few pounds. The good news is the cast is off now. The bad news is that I still have a brace to wear. But I think I'll be okay to start some exercising now, and that is just what I'm going to do. I can tell I'm still loosing inches though, I have on pants today that are much looser than they were 2 weeks ago!

I am the same exact way alley with the dropping a few pounds and then fighting to keep them off. I can tell im losing inches too which is at least encouraging if the scale isnt moving. I am not doing too terribly bad food wise. I just have not been exercising and I know if I would start some routine it would help. It's just so dang HOT! Nothing about being sweaty and hot is appealing to me, but neither is being fat so I really need to start moving my rear end!!!

Allykat~ Congrats on getting your cast off! I also often lose inches and not pounds too. I really haven't lost any weight in quite a while but I can definitely tell a difference in my clothes. Maybe it's our body trying to catch up with the weight loss, I dunno? But, any loss is good, whether it's inches or pounds. Good luck with exercising!

Mia~ I am so sorry for your brother and sister-in-law's loss. I can't even imagine what they must be going through. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hello Everyone:

It gives me a warm feeling that so many people on this site asked about me when I vanished for a while. Although I had not been posting, I had been lurking. I have been readign the board and trying to stay motivated.

What's going on with me?

Well, I am tired. I am in this perpetual state of being tired. I know all of this has to do with (1) my job and (2) not having anything else in my life right now but my job (i.e. no social outlet, no significant other, not having the desire/energy to engage in hobbies)

yes, yes, people...I am back on this again.

Well my job has changed. I am now working a shift that varies and i go through periods of time where my body has a hard time adjusting. I can't figure out when to sleep...which means my eating schedule is off..which means that I am hungry at obscene times of the hour...and this is havoc on someone who is banded. So whenever I am hungry i have to sit and figure out the last time I ate and figure out should i be eatign again. Today for example, i was hungry at 5pm. I berated myself for being hungry at 5pm, becasue this is not a normal time that i eat (where I work the lunch hours are normally at 7pm or 1am). Not to mention that i had woke up. If I eat anything when i just wake up..no matter how hungry i am...well..lets jsut say i get to taste it twice. Once going down and once coming back up.

so i am trying to figure out why I woke up starving at 5pm. Well come to find out the last time I could remember eating anything was at 5 AM. So i guess i had the right to be hungry, huh? Then I have to sit there an be hungry for at least another hour or so cuz if i eat anything, i run the risk of brining it back up.

Then I am so tired i come home and crash. Other times I have so much energy that I can't sleep. No wining for poor old, Brina.

I have not exercised. Well unless you count lifting my hefty ass in and out of bed. I shoudl have thighs o' steel for doing this alone.

I am thinking of ordering a mail order husband. They HAVE to make those. It woudl be downright sexist if they had mail order brides, but no mail order husbands. All he needs to be able to do is nod yes, rub my back and feet when they hurt, and father two children. Then he is off the hook. If he can do manly things like kill bugs and fix things, then that would be a bonus.

Speaking of children: Does anyone have any extra sperm laying around? My mama just had a hysterectomy because she had numerous fibroids. One was the size of a 4 month pregnancy. Turns out it runs in my family. My aunt had them, her duaghter had them. I told my OB-GYN this and he gave me an ultra sound. Take a guess who has at least 2 fibroids..one the size of a ping pong ball?? Survey says: BRINA!! He told me that if I wanted to get pregnant that i should do it earlier instead of later becasue he does not know how they will affect my fertility. I have not told my mama yet. But last week she did remind me that she has kids from all of her sons but none from for her only daughter. I wanted to tell my mama (with all the love in my heart..cuz i love my mama) that I was not a tulip. I don't just go to bed at night and wake up pollinated.

::Insert dramatic sigh here::

My scale is tormenting me again. I jump on one day and I am 280 something the next time I am 270somthing. I know that is snickers behind my back everytime it does this. If you heard a loud *TWANG* this morning, it was the sound of my last nerve snapping.

Then again, ya'll know that I would not be me if my life was all rainbows and kittens. Expect drama from me. I keep trying to live drama free, but all I seem to get is free drama.

Good news though..I am banded. I am truly grateful for that after seing what so many people have to do. I did not know that you had to go through so much. People have to see dieticians, go through mental counseling, and fight with insurance. I was referred to Dr. B in the beginning of January. I was approved by mid Feb by my insurance. I had surgery on 2/25/08. There are people who have been waiting for YEARS to have surgery. Lord. O. Mercy.

anyway, to sum it all up:

:: thinks of catchy tune to hold up a sign and march to in parade/demonstration ::

Chanting while marching: "I'm fat and I'm here and I won't disappear"

If God willing and the creek don't rise (i had to say that) I will be lurking here for a while.

Thank ya'll for making me feel valued. I don't seem to get a lot of that lately.

I am so proud of everyone. Ya'll continue to be my (s)heros.

Hey Brina! I'm so glad you posted...I've been missing your funny posts. It looks like you are going through a lot right now though and I am sorry for that. I hope between your crazy work schedule and health problem, you feel better soon. Keep us posted and don't be a stranger.

BTW, loved your post. You always entertain me with your writing style....love it!

Brina - Thanks for posting - it's always nice to read your posts. I'm sorry things are going so rough for you at the moment. That work schedule would be hard for anyone to handle. I just want you to know that I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and don't give up. God has given you a great talent when it comes to expressing yourself and don't be affraid to use it, even if its only here, we all love to hear from you.

Ok I am the worst lurker inhistory, i come here and read yall's post then log out without answering any. I pledge to do better in the future. Now for my wonderful news!!!! I officially hit ONDERLAND today!!! I screamed and did a little dance. It has been more than 10 years since I have seen a one infront instead of a 2!!!!!!!!

Bumping this- What has everyone been up to? I've started back on plan and working out 3o min a day. So far so good. It's my TIM so I expect a little Water gain for a week or so. How is everyone else doing?

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm pretty good. I've upped my exercise too. I weighed in today and was up 1.5 from last week. I think it is muscle/water though. The printout they give me at the OTC shows I lost fat%...that's what I'm hoping anyway.

I think I need a slight fill too. I can eat too much right now. I think .2 would get me where I need to be. Leslie took out .5 a few weeks ago because I was too tight.

I honestly don't know how I'm doing. My weight is up and down and can change as much as 5 pounds in a 24 hour period. Like Leslie, my fat ratio was down again so at least that is looking pretty good.

I've begun doing a little exercise but the arthritis in my hips is giving me a lot of problems. Guess I'll have to get on medication for that. :biggrin:

In the mornings I'm OK with very little food, but after lunch and especially at night, I think I could eat an elephant. Maybe the next fill will help.

Some times I get so discouraged that the weight isn't coming off that I could just scream. I don't even have the Water weight problem any more.

Hello Everyone-it's good to know that you all are doing well. Like Jeannie, I've been lurking but not posting much lately.

Bagweaver-Hang in there! You will find that 'sweet-spot' soon.

I had to get an unfill a couple of weeks ago because I've developed acid reflux. The funny thing is that I never had problems with reflux prior to being banded. I had an irritated esophogus, therefore, making my voice hoarse. And all the while I just thought it was sinus drainage. Had one slight unfill for sinuses, then had to have a larger one for reflux. I've been taking Prilosec.

Luckily I've managed to maintain my weightloss, but am so ready for another fill. Though Leslie did warn that I would have to get adjusted at a much slower rate. Thank God I'm able to exercise!

I hope everyone continues to do well on this journey! I simply adore my band!

I've been doing pretty good. I've upped my exercise and I just got a fill this past Tuesday and hopefully I will keep restriction this time. As many of you know, we thought that I might have a leak. Still not sure yet but Leslie is going to keep a close eye on it. I was missing a little over .25cc in a 4 week period....not as bad as last time, so that is reassuring.

Bagweaver~ Hang in there. Those dry spells can be very discouraging. Just keep doing your very best and hopefully your plateau will be over soon.

Bamboobabe~ Hope you reflux gets better soon.