Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Nip;

Thanks for the information. I'll give them a call. I just want to get some idea now, as I know that my insurance won't cover it either. They have an exclusion on cosmetic surgery. My friend works with the public school system and she had gastric bypass. Her coverage did pay for the removal of the skin, but not the tuck, where the abdominal muscles are tightened. She paid the difference. But that was nearly five years ago and I don't know what the state's coverage is like at this point. She used a doctor in Atlanta, that has now moved her practice to Virginia.

That sounds about like my insurance. If I wait the 18 months and prove that it's medically necessary (like skin rashes and back aches) they will pay for the removal but not the muscle tightening. Now it's just a waiting game.

Hi y'all. I hope everyone is doing well. Leslie, I am glad your revision went well. Brina, I am glad to see your posts again.

I had my first fill Monday. I had 2cc from surgery and she added 2 more, so now I have 4 in a 14 cc band.

So far, it seems very hit and miss. So far this week, I have noticed that about half the time I have very good restriction, other times not so much. There seems to be no predicting when it will be good and when it will feel more open. Has anybody else had that experience?

Haven't posted in a while. Just had emergency hernia surgery on June 10 and will be recovering at home for a couple of weeks more. I kept having severe pain in my lower right abdomen, but nothing showed on any tests including two CT scans. The third try was the charm. It finally showed up and we knew then that it was a hernia.

Had my first fill a couple of weeks ago. So far, I can't really tell that I had one. I won't let myself eat as much as I feel I could. I haven't pushed to see where the restriction will make me stop. Anyone else like that?

I don't have the problem with the eatting too much (I really watch that), where I really notice my restriction is when I don't chew thoroughly enough or eat something I shouldn't. That's when I get the sudden reminder that it's there.

Hope your hernia repair is healing nicely and that you're feeling better.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Bagweaver, I hate to hear you have had such a tough time. I hope your are feeling better and am glad they were able to fix the problem.

As to the restriction - I had my first fill this past Friday (with my revision). Today is the first day I have felt any restriction since post-recovery from my original surgery in April. I've had to kind of watch my portions. Today the band reminded me that it is there to do that for me. I made the mistake of eating 1/2 of 1/2 of a biscuit - it hurt so bad! I chewed, but I don't believe I'll have another one of those! Not worth it. At lunch today - I had a little grilled chicken and 1/2 cup rice. I'm still full. Usually I'm hungry an hour after I eat.

Right now I'm just trying different foods (the ones I usually eat) and pray that I won't have a problem with them. Protein first, fruits veggies, Calcium then the other....the other (biscuit) is what messed me up this morning!

Hi guys, I have been out of commission for awhile and unable to post. I had surgery on the torn ligament on my thumb finally, but ended up in a huge splint thing with a sling for a week. This week, them removed all of that mess and now I'm sporting a nice hot pink cast. BTW - how much does a cast weigh? LOL! The bad news is that I had a fill appointment set for the day I had to go in to see the ortho doctor, so I had to cancel my fill. I am probably going to call to see if I can get in sooner than my next scheduled appointment (July 14), althought I know it is doubtful. I'm not feeling very much restriction right now, although I do notice some foods giving me a bit of trouble every now and then. At least I know the band is there doing what it should. With all my hand stuff going on, exercise has fallen by the wayside, and I can really tell. It is time to get my butt back in gear.

Nip, just curious...what insurance do you have that is paying for a Tummy Tuck? Are you a teacher? I thought all state policies had exclusions for WLS and cosmetic procedures. I need to find out what you have and make the switch during our next open enrollment!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi Sheryl! It's good to hear from you. I hope you are healing good and bet you look hot with your new pink cast:wink_smile:!

Are you able to exercise now? It can't be fun having to haul around that weight on your hand/arm. I hope they can get you in for a fill. Sounds like you may need one.

Sheryl - I don't have my insurance through the school system. I have BCBS of GA and they also have an exclusion for WL surgery, but they will do the pannectomy if it came be proven medically necessary. Your insurance might also, you have to have at least 3 months treatment showing skin rashes and back aches, 15-18 months post op, and 3 months stable weight. I might have gotten it this summer except for the 15-18 months post-op so I'm going to try for it later. That's the one they're really picky on. If you read up on the cosmetic surgery section, you'll see quite a few who have had insurance pay for it.

Hey Sheryl! I'll bet you are stylin' with your hot pink cast, lol! I hope it heals nicely and quickly.

Mia, isn't your wedding tomorrow? Good luck tomorrow! I hope everything goes smoothly. Ya'll have fun on your honeymoon too!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to post and tell all of you to have a wonderful week. I am leaving in the morning for the beach and won't be back until Friday. I'll be lost without my LBT fix, lol! Anyway, hope ya'll have a great week and I'll talk to ya'll Friday!

Have fun at the beach, Pamela! I just told DH this morning that I want a beach trip! Unfortunately, it isn't in the cards. We leave in a few weeks for Jacksonville for our daughters' national dance competition, and then we are going to Disney World for our youngest daughters BDay in August. So no beach trip for me!

Sigh....the diet gods giveth and taketh away. I woke up to a loss (finally!) Sunday morning, only to have it gone again this morning. That dang TOM! I need a fill badly, but there aren't any openings! I'm trying to hang in there until my next scheduled on on July 14, but I know it would be easier with an adjustment!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I don't know if everyone is checking in on the Social Groups site. I thought I'd post a note that we're planning a get together this Tuesday, July 1st at Applebees in Albany. I think around 6:00. Although the time isn't set in stone yet. I hope everyone that can attend will. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!