Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Leslie - congrats on joining bandland! Your next few days will probably have your emotions all over the place, but it is pretty common. Congrats!

Brina - Interesting about the 2cc's. I'm also curious to know what size band I have and if there is any fill in it. I felt a lot of restriction up until about 2 weeks after surgery. Now, I am eating less than preband, but a lot more than I did during those 2 weeks. As a result, I am now the proud owner of your lost 2 lbs....lol. I've got to start making better food choices. Just because I can eat something doesn't mean I should!

Georgia Girl - I've dealt with staph for about a year now. Bactraband (sp?) cream is great for any spots. Plus, you put it on a q-tip and use it in your nose. Staph is common in the body and lives in the nose. Nice, huh? Do they think the swelling in your phase is staph or could that be just causing congestion? You may want to dry a decongestant and see if that helps.

Mia - congrats on the loss!

Georgia Girl - I've dealt with staph for about a year now. Bactraband (sp?) cream is great for any spots. Plus, you put it on a q-tip and use it in your nose. Staph is common in the body and lives in the nose. Nice, huh? Do they think the swelling in your phase is staph or could that be just causing congestion? You may want to dry a decongestant and see if that helps.

There is an obvious knot right on the inside of my nose, I just hope the antibiotic kicks in soon because I don't think I could stand it if they had to lance the one in my nose. My face and nose is already so sore to the touch. I'm about to go back to the doctor, they wanted to see me again this morning. I will update when I get back. Thanks for thinking of me.

I'm back from the doctor. He had to re-pack the incision on my leg.......not fun at all. I have to go back again on Monday, so hopefully things will be much better by then.

Allykat- Yesterday the doctor told me to get some Bacitraycin to put in my nose and the places on my face. What is the stuff your talking about, is it an antibiotic ointment?

Georgia girl - it is an abx cream. Also comes in ointment form. We keep it on hand at our house all the time and swear by it! It is available by prescription.

I feel your pain on the incision...I had one lanced last year ant it was no fun!

Georgia girl: You will definitely be in my prayers, woman. I am not sure who said it, but staph *is* everywhere. Normally our bodies are good at fighting it of, but sometimes the little (bleep) manages to slip past our defenses.

About you not being ale to exercise and all that. That is the last you need to be concerned about. You, dearest, need to get rid of this pesky infection you have. Then you can turn back into Jane Fonda. Please tell me that they have you on some fantastic pain meds along with your antibiotics. If not, I can go and Jackie Chan ninja kick your doctor for you. You need to rest your sick little leg. ^_^ I have two good butt kicking legs and I am not afraid to use them.

Mia: Congrats. Keep up that fantastic work. I dont know where and how you go to workout, but i absolutely cant go to a gym. I *always* encounter a group of double zeros chickies who are trying to sweat off that 0.67 ounces they gained when they each ate two grapes and a tic tac. I noramlly hate areobics because they are overly, overly, Overly perky..I am talking about the ones so perky that they want to make airline stewardesses hurl. However, beleive it or not, I found a tape that I like. "Walk away the pounds" by Leslie Sansone. I love her DVD. It it easy to follow.. trust me on this. Normally those vids have some lady that starts off slow then the next thing you know she has you break dancing on the floor. She is perky, but she doesn't make me wanna hurl.

Leslie: He tripped over your IV?!! That would have been all it took for me to earn an Oscar for the best dramatic actress in an ER. They would have had to drug me right there. Me and my chicken self would have taken that as a sign from God. I probably would have thrown one of those Fred Sanford hand-covering-your-heart dramatic gestures and then topped it off with some ultra dramtic "i-caught-the-spirit" church lady faint. But you made it :: insert bratty two year old "toldya so" here:: Yaaaay!! Welcome to bandland. We will be serving Clear liquids to all our newest residents today. nummy. Nummy.

Bamboobabe: I'm having dirty thoughts about ice cream now. I got propositioned by some Ben & Jerry's new york strawberry cheesecake icecream today in Walmart. It winked at me and everything. I turned up my nose like a snotty diva, huffed, and pranced off. Don't look at me like that. Of course, i wanted the ice cream!!! And yes, i did go back down that aisle about fourteen times hoping that the 200 calories on the label was per Pint and not per serving. A girl can dream, can't she? maybe i will buy it as a treat to myself later...like in October.

Allykat: Much like my mama does DISPOSABLE plastic wear...they will get recycled. I am sure that you will lose those two pounds. Then i will gain them. All I can do is hope that when I get them back that they go to my boobs. :: shrugs ::

I am so glad to see so many of us posting on this board on a regular basis. Every one of you is an inspiration to me. No one is allowed to fall off this board!!!

I know I don't regularly add comments here, but it sure is nice to read everyone's comments. I read them most every day.

Georgiagirl - sorry to hear about the staff infection, I sure hope it clears up soon. I understand it can be miserable and like brina said, don't concern yourself with the exercise, only the healing.

Leslie2lose - congrats on being banded today, I hope you love your band as much as I do mine.

On another note, today is my 6 month anniversary of my band and I'm still as happy as I can be about it. In the beginning I said I'd be happy with 50-60 pounds by 6 months, so to be at 95 in 6 months, just let me say I'm Thrilled!

Good luck to everyone and keep up the great work!

Nip,

Congratulations Nip on your 6 Month Bandiversary!!! Wow, 95 pounds is simply amazing! You've been one of my inspirations even before the band when I was just a visitor to the site. When I reach that kind of loss, I'm going to give myself a party! When I get in the 90 range, I'm going to book a room at the club and send out formal invitations to Celebrate the new me that I'm about to become......

Great Job!!!!

Georgiagirl - sorry to hear about the staff infection, I sure hope it clears up soon. I understand it can be miserable and like brina said, don't concern yourself with the exercise, only the healing.

On another note, today is my 6 month anniversary of my band and I'm still as happy as I can be about it. In the beginning I said I'd be happy with 50-60 pounds by 6 months, so to be at 95 in 6 months, just let me say I'm Thrilled!

Good luck to everyone and keep up the great work!

Thanks Nip!

Congratulations on your weight loss! You are an inspiration to all of us!

When I reach that kind of loss, I'm going to give myself a party! When I get in the 90 range, I'm going to book a room at the club and send out formal invitations to Celebrate the new me that I'm about to become......

Don't forget to send me an invite okay! Sounds like fun!

Georgia girl: You will definitely be in my prayers, woman. I am not sure who said it, but staph *is* everywhere. Normally our bodies are good at fighting it of, but sometimes the little (bleep) manages to slip past our defenses.

About you not being ale to exercise and all that. That is the last you need to be concerned about. You, dearest, need to get rid of this pesky infection you have. Then you can turn back into Jane Fonda. Please tell me that they have you on some fantastic pain meds along with your antibiotics. If not, I can go and Jackie Chan ninja kick your doctor for you. You need to rest your sick little leg. :thumbup: I have two good butt kicking legs and I am not afraid to use them.

LOL, Brina! Thanks for making me laugh, I really needed it!

They didn't give me any prescription medicine for pain, but I've been taking liquid Motrin and to my suprise it has worked pretty well. I am going to keep in mind about your butt kicking skills! You never know.......... I may need you to use them one day, lol!

Hi ladies!

Leslie

It was so good to hear from you today, keep up with the rest and pain meds and call if you need me.

Pamela

I am so sorry you are having a tough time, you are in my prayers. The exercise can wait you need to give your body time to heal.

Mia

I love the avatar of you in your dress, you look beautiful!!!

Brina

I think i saw you in Walmart i started to speak but i figured if it was not you some lady would think i had gone crazy, and then wonder why i was talking to her about the lapband Could get ugly :thumbup:

take care all and keep posting i love to hear from all of you.

Brina-

I have the one, two and three mile walk away the pounds tapes! Usually I do the two mile and it is a GREAT workout!! Makes me sweat like a pig!

Pamela-

I hope everything gets better for you. Staph scares me to death, I will definately be praying for you!

Nip- Congrats on losing 95 in six months! You are doing fabulous!

I'm already going to need my dress altered to get some taken IN! AHAHAHAHa! That is AWESOME! I'm finding out the hard way fluffy bread is a no no for me right now. You'd think I would already know that but my head tells me 'oh go ahead, just chew well' and my band says 'oh no you didn't girl."

Anyway, instead of rewarding myself with food for losing, I got my nails and toes done yesterday and it was quite relaxing. Life is so different now that food is not my main focus. Oh, I still focus on it, I think that is going to happen for quite some time now, but it is not my MAIN focus. That in itself, amazes me.

I assume everyone got an email notice that there is going to be an on-line magazine:

""We're excited to announce the launch of LapBandTalk magazine within the next week. The LapBandTalk magazine will be an online publication made up of informative articles written by weight loss professionals who have experience with the Lap-band.

We're also looking for individuals who have gone through the Lap-band procedure and would like to share their experience or story with our community. Please respond to this email If you have an interest in contributing to our publication.

Have a nice weekend!

Best Regards,

Alex B."

Well, I nominate Brinabrina77 to be the FIRST regular contributor. You know how Reader's Digest has their "Laughter, the Best Medicine" or "Life in the United States" humor pages? All Brinabrina has to do is cut and paste onto a new page and submit her comments! No editing required!

I wish I had that kind of writing talent to sustain a career. Keep on posting, girl!

Holly;

I agree with you whole-heartedly!!! Brina should represent the Bagnato Bandits as the columnist and we should have Nips featured for the success story!!!!!

Mia;

I noticed your ticker is moving again!!! Congrats! Who knows, by June you may have to completely remake the dress!!!

I think we can all relate to the food issue, as I just don't know what to do with my free time these days. I'm sure my credit card company is happy. I've changed all of the rugs and most of the artwork in my house since last month! I think gardening would be cheaper!!

Edited by bamboobabe

I hope you get rid of that pesky infection.

Thanks Jonathan! The knot in my nose is almost gone now and the swelling in my face has gone down a lot too...........now I just need my leg to heal.

Oh, and thanks for putting up with all those PM's about your canceled appointment, I really needed it!