Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

I've often wondered about the Friday's too! Now that I've said there is never anyone in there when I'm there, I bet when I go Thursday it will be packed, lol. I've seriously only seen 1 other person there at the most when I've been, and not even 1 other person a few times. Hopefully, if it continues to grow, they will realise they have to do something about it!

When I 'schedule' my fills I try to get them close to lunch because they close for lunch and I know they will be working fast to get us out. The busiest fill appt I've had was at the 9:30-10 bracket and It was lunch time before I got out. If you have future fills you might wanna consider that when scheduling. I always go on thursday's too usually since it's a light day at work for me. I think my next one is scheduled on a tuesday but it was take that or wait till the end of may and I wasn't about to do that.

What kind of Vitamins do ya'll take? Ive been taking the Centrum chewable (orange) and man is it NASTY! In fact it makes me nauseous now to even take it and I haven't taken it in a week and man am I TIRED. I have zero energy at all. Can anyone suggest one that tastes good? When I was at Walmart I noticed they did not have a huge selection of chewables for adults that tasted good and it seemed the kids kind was loaded with sugar.

Oh BTW, since I'm staying up to be sure to get my 64 oz of Water in and posting away, we need to have a support group meeting soon!

What kind of Vitamins do ya'll take? Ive been taking the Centrum chewable (orange) and man is it NASTY! In fact it makes me nauseous now to even take it and I haven't taken it in a week and man am I TIRED. I have zero energy at all. Can anyone suggest one that tastes good? When I was at Walmart I noticed they did not have a huge selection of chewables for adults that tasted good and it seemed the kids kind was loaded with sugar.

I take kids Flintstone vitamins. Sometimes I get the chewable and sometimes I get the Gummy ones. I haven't paid much attention to the sugar but I like the way the gummy ones taste. I think Flintstone's is what Dr. B's office recommended to me.

Oh BTW, since I'm staying up to be sure to get my 64 oz of Water in and posting away, we need to have a support group meeting soon!

We really do need to meet. It seems like something always gets in the way. I'm ready when you guys are!

Hello Mia:

I am glad that you are getting some restriction. Yay for you. I am scheduled for my first fill on Wednesday, april 9th. I am nervous as hell about it, but excited at the same time.

I had the same problems with finding vitamins. The adult ones are HUGE and I am afraid of getting them stuck. Then the chewables taste like dirt when they are chewed and i darn near puke trying to get them down. Then I went to the kids chewables and they tasted like guess what...fruit flavored dirt.

ick. All of them taste like chalky imitation pez candy kinda stuff. And I hate pez candy. I have pretty much an entire bottle of centrum for kids vitamins if anyone is interested in those nasty things. I tried crunching them up and they still taste like fruity dirt. I tried putting them in water..yup still flavored dirt. I am pretty sure the only way i could get them things in me were to make little Vitamin lines and snort them. ick.

what did i end up choosing? Flinstones gummies. :lol: I love those things. They taste like Gummy bears. When i was on on Phase I hell foods, taking my two little vitamins were the highlight of my day.

I am also a little different in the fact that I am slightly anemic. A big healthy thick-hipped girl like me is anemic. I associated anemia with women who are a size -6 and want to know how many calories are in an M&M. But apprently big girls can be anemic too. Anyway, I have to take an Iron pill every day also. The flinstone vitamins dont have iron in them (well not listed on the back of the bottle anyway) so they are not a good source for that.

Question: How painful is a fill? Ya'll know that I am a big ol' Water bag. I will cry like a baby if they have to poke me like they are playing pin the tail on the donkey. :wub:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Brina girl you crack me up...Dr. B's office told me to take Flintstones. I have the chewables here at home, the kids take them. I have tried them and they are not too bad. I think I am going to try the the gummies. I've seen Flintstones with added Iron. I think they are with the others - but I don't know about the Gummy ones. The flintstones kind of remind me of the flavored Tums - I can deal with them, but would rather have something that tastes a wee bit better.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Well ya'll - two more days - well less than that actually 'til my band date. I can't believe the day is almost here. I have a couple of questions...

1. Exercise - I know Dr. B will tell me when to start back, but on average when were ya'll able to hit the gym/exercise?

I stopped by P.T. today and talked to Perry. I told him what I am doing and that I wasn't there for him to talk me out of it (I secretly think that was his plan). I asked about putting my (little used) membership on hold. He said to check with my doctor. I'd like to get moving as soon as I can. He said that we would have to hold off on any overhead presses and ab machines (which is fine by me! they hurt before surgery) for a while. Start out walking and eliptical.

2. Gas Strips? I've seen a lot of people use them. What do you think? Where would I find them? Are they OTC or is that one of the prescriptions I'll get.

3. Heating Pad vs. Cold Compress. I've heard both are good for your back/stomach, especially the first day.

4. Ice chips? - okay, when I was pregnant I would literally buy them by the bagful. Does Sonic still sell them? Were they helpful?

I won't bombard ya'll with much more tonight, although I am warning you I may be back with more questions.

I am so excited and ready!!

I remember Elizabeth saying that she also works at the hospital in Therapy, so she's having to split her time between both places. That's why it's before lunch one day and after lunch the next. There was another nurse, but she left; so now it's all on Elizabeth. And she's a nurses' practitioner, not just an RN. I guess with the lack of practioners and having to get the correct training, they're just up against it right now. But like all of you, I'd also like to be able to do Saturday, even if it's just until lunch. Taking off mid-week does tend to get hectic, as it's usually a full day for me with a 2 hour drive each way.

I take the Centrum liquid, B-12 that dissolves under the tongue, and a Viactive chewable Calcium. They all taste great to me. I've been a Vitamin person since childhood, so it was no big deal.

Well ya'll - two more days - well less than that actually 'til my band date. I can't believe the day is almost here. I have a couple of questions...

1. Exercise - I know Dr. B will tell me when to start back, but on average when were ya'll able to hit the gym/exercise?

I stopped by P.T. today and talked to Perry. I told him what I am doing and that I wasn't there for him to talk me out of it (I secretly think that was his plan). I asked about putting my (little used) membership on hold. He said to check with my doctor. I'd like to get moving as soon as I can. He said that we would have to hold off on any overhead presses and ab machines (which is fine by me! they hurt before surgery) for a while. Start out walking and eliptical.

2. Gas Strips? I've seen a lot of people use them. What do you think? Where would I find them? Are they OTC or is that one of the prescriptions I'll get.

3. Heating Pad vs. Cold Compress. I've heard both are good for your back/stomach, especially the first day.

4. Ice chips? - okay, when I was pregnant I would literally buy them by the bagful. Does Sonic still sell them? Were they helpful?

I won't bombard ya'll with much more tonight, although I am warning you I may be back with more questions.

I am so excited and ready!!

Hey Leslie, I know you are getting excited! I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

1. I believe the exercise rule was 6 weeks. I was cleared to do some light walking after 2 weeks, but no major exercise for 6 weeks, I think.

2. I didn't have a lot of gas pain immediately after surgery. I used the chewable Gas-X when needed. I've heard that walking around helps more than anything.

3. I've read that a heating pad works pretty good. Some people get gas trapped in the shoulder (which sounds strange to me) but several people on this board have had that happen. Most said the heating pad worked well.

4. I didn't try ice chips, I just sipped on Water and gatorade. Gatorade works wonders, especially if you are getting dehydrated. I suggest getting some. sugar-free popsicles are another good thing.

Brina - I take the Flinstones chewable - when I remember to take them! Guys, I stink at remembering to take those. I finally brought some to work and put them in my desk drawer. I still am hit or miss. I know I should do better!

1. Exercise - I want to say that walking was okay as soon as you felt up to it, but any weights or heavy exercise was closer to 4 weeks - 6 weeks out. I know one week from surgery I was walking 2 miles. No problems at all.

2. Gas Strips? I read about people using these, but I never did. I probably would have tried it when the gas pain was at its worst a few days after surgery.

3. Heating Pad vs. Cold Compress. I loved the heating pad on my back! Used it for about a week (maybe less) following surgery. Only way I could get comfortable the day I came home.

4. Ice chips? Yes, Sonic sells them (my DH loves the stuff!), but I just used the crushed ice feature on my ice maker. Georgia Girl's idea to get Gatorade is a great one! I ended up getting my electrolytes all out of wack and had a rought few days for a time there. Dr. B told me to drink that on my way home from a recheck and I immediately felt better!

Good luck! It will be here before you know it!

You know now that I think of it- every time I have ever been there are only one maybe TWO other people in the waiting room. Lets see, Dr. bagnato has done 500 surgeries give or take and I know they take them from the other Dr as well so i'm sure they have a ton of patients but how can they lay all that on one fill nurse's shoulders. Now I know ppl dont get fills forever and all but still- even that considered that's alot of cases. You'd think with the money they take in they could afford to hire another person. My next fill is scheduled april 22 and I kept it because I got squeezed in this past thursday. It was just sheer luck the day I called someone had canceled. The clinic is not open for fills on Fridays at all- Wonder why not?

Because of the possibility of making the band too tight, the center doesn't do fills on friday. If you get something done on a thursday, fridays are there if it is too tight.

Hello Mia:

*snipped*I

Question: How painful is a fill? Ya'll know that I am a big ol' Water bag. I will cry like a baby if they have to poke me like they are playing pin the tail on the donkey. :)

Getting the fill wasn't painful. The area of the skin is deadend first.