Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why I'm not going to read anymore posts !!

...until AFTER my surgery.

I'm going in next Wednesday and despite the amazing advice in here, which I intend to digest later... I've decided to stop reading about all the problems, challenges, and, gulp, agonizing pain from infected ports, food stuck in throats, puking, Constipation, diarrhea, weight not falling fast enough, tiresome liquid diets, etc.

I want to have a smile on my face when I walk into the hospital and a feeling of gratitude for the possibility of a virtual miracle in my life...

Imagine.

I can finally be a healthy weight again.

WOW

Thank you, God.

; )

Good for you. I left this forum for a very long time and have just recently returned. I think that it is time for me to leave again. I wish you all the very best in the world. You will walk into that theatre with a smile and walk out recharged and ready for new life and a new day. Good for you. Enjoy!

God Bless

POPT

Good idea! It started to freak me out too - right before I was banded. Now, I have come to realize how helpful the advice is day to day - much better than I have ever gotten from the dr, but there is definately something to be said for not hearing too much negative stuff before hand.

BTW, I sit here, 30 pounds down, with never a PB or even close, and the ability to eat all foods - I am just making so much better choices.

I LOVE my band!

I took a break from the computer 2 weeks before my surgery.....it was very good. I was much calmer on the days leading up to my surgery, and wasn't "freaking out" as much about what could go wrong.

And everything went fine!

Awww! Bless your heart...

This place can really freak somebody out. I totally understand why you'd wanna take off and not come back until later. Stuff that my doc has never even mentioned is in these boards and it can make you go "What?!?!"

Do what works best for you. If this place gives you anxiety (I can relate!) then it's probably a good plan to just walk into your surgery with a positive outlook than to be worrying about all the stories and bodily functions that are mentioned around here. I've also called my doc on a couple of occasions over stories that I've read on here and he just kinda says "the internet can be a good tool, but it can also be a great big pain in the a$$ with a whole lotta false info." So, I've cut back on believing everything that I read will happen to me. In fact, I haven't had even 1/8 of the issues I've read about...of course I'm also new to all of this and my time may be coming! LOL I can't focus on that, though. I gotta focus on THIS moment, and MY issues, and not everybody else's stuff...

Hope to hear how you're doing when you return! Stay in touch. :frown:

Good for you. I had my surgery 19 months ago. I have lost 143 pounds. I feel great!!!!!! Would do it again in a heart beat. Yes I have some problems but the benefits most certainly out weigh the minor problems. Keep my posted on your progress. My e-mail address is jennapurr03@aol.com.

You have to bear in mind that this is a place people can and do come to when any little thing goes wrong and they tend to stress and freak out over perfectly normal things. Meanwhile there are thousands of people out there who aren't having any problems and don't come on every day just to say "all is well" Then there are those of us who come on everyday just because we have lots of spare time.

I found this board before my surgery and discovered I was interested in the areas that applied to me at that time.

At first I read everybody's introductions, then on to the insurance part, post-ops, what to eat during recovery, etc.

Now I just cruise through, but find something helpful and supportive every day. :lol:

Starting wgt. 225 1-07

Current wgt. 148 1-08

I'm so glad someone said it... my date is in 1.5 weeks and this place does make you have some 2nd thoughts, but i do not have 2nd thoughts and look forward with good butterflys. thanks for all the wonderful advice, support and realism that comes with this decision.

I'm 25 days to surgery and I've found this site useful since day one. I WANT to know the good things AND the possible problems. We all have to do what's right for ourselves. For me it's been to arm myself with as much knowledge as possible so I'm not going in empty handed. Suppose I look at it like knowledge = power and other people's freakouts aren't mine.

Before my surgery I found the issues very informative. I know that some people will exaggerate, but still the issues were there. I am now over 5 months out and think I am doing fine. I have had NO PBing at all. I am losing slowly, but expected that. I could not have done anything better for myself. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing when you come back. I did have dialation of pouch, but did not even know it was there until I went for a fill and the Dr. saw it on the floriscope. No pain what-so-ever.

I have lived on this forum since I started my process. I think it's saved me because I'm the type that likes to know what's coming and what to expect. The good, the bad and the ugly. Of course like most of us, none of the bad stuff will actually happen to me! (said tongue in cheek)

Happy POST SURGERY!! (guessing you will not read this until you are there)

Welcome to the BAND.

I hope by now you are feeling it isn't as bad as you thought, not as invasive and painful as you anticipated.

Now relax, enjoy this recovery period, be kind to your body and gentle on your countenance. Nurture your way down the path to this new lifestyle. It is a change. Not just in structure but function.

Welcome welcome welcome. What a beautiful place.

I'm baaaaaack. Surgery went well Wednesday. I came back to do a little research regarding, well, hmmm, what happens when you live on liquids for over two weeks. :smile:~

Congrat's on the surgery. How are you feeling? I'm getting banded on Monday and was glad to read your thread today, thanks for posting. Welcome back! Best Wishes.