Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Most Weight Lost in 1Wk??

Ok, so I either have a serious malfunction with my new weight scales, or I have really lost some serious weight this week.

Last Wednesday 1/16 i weighed in at 230.9 @ Dr. Sprivaks Office.

This morning my scales read out 190.5.....and i'm thinking, NO WAY i've lost 40 lbs in a weeks time....that would put me at 80lbs weight loss in just 4months.

so i know i sound ridiculous and i know its probably just my scales acting up....so i'm impatiently waiting my DH to get home (he works nights) so that he can weigh himself and we'll see how accurate they are.

which brings me to the question at hand....

HOW MUCH IS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT LOSS YOU'VE HAD IN 1WKS TIME?

EVERYONE FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN....I'M HOPING FOR A MIRACLE HERE, BUT FIGURING ITS JUST A MALFUNCTION!

xoxo, Christie

While I bet you've lost a lot of weight, your scale is probably light compared to the doctor's scale. I have two scales and they are completely different. I use the one that matches with my doctor's scale. I do find that my body seems to hold onto my weight and releases it all at one time, which could be the case for you. I will stay the same and lose and regain the same 3-4 pounds for a few weeks, and then drop 8-10 in the next 2 weeks. It's very strange, but I've finally realized that it is a pattern and not a fluke.

It sounds like you have lost a great deal of weight this week, but I bet the scale is off a bit. Do you have an old scale you can try?

Oh my! I think I would have passed it if I saw a 40 pound loss. I'm sure you lost a lot but 40 pounds would be wild. Let us know what you find out.

I am also a Dr. Spivak patient and I was in his office on 1/16 too.

Congrats on your great weight loss!

I lost about 32 lbs in my first week BUT I had about 200 total to lose AND it was one of the largest drops my surgeon had seen AND at most 50% of it is fat, the rest is Water.

A 40 lb drop in a week is highly unlikely. There's a 31 lb difference between my home scale and my surgeon's scale, and 24 lb difference between my PCP's.

Looks like you got banded with about 100 lbs to lose. If you had lost 40% of that in one week, aside from being very unhealthy, you would know it through your appearance, clothing, skin, etc.

I don't want to rain on your parade, just being realistic. :wink2:

I lost 35lb in my first week.. I didn't LOOK like I lost 35lb, so I don't know what the weight was. I started with 150+ to lose.

Oh gosh, maybe 7lb? I've done that in the first week of a diet a few times, but that was back in my 20's. I lost 25lb in six weeks following surgery and I was absolutely thrilled with that.

ok so it was a huge fluke! blah! my DH came home and weighed and it was about 30#'s off on him....then he noticed that the scales weren't level, apparently, one side was sitting in the crevace of the ceramic tile floor and was throwing it all off....

he adjusted it and make sure it was level and of course, much to my dismay, it is now reading more correctly and of course, i haven't lost the 30lbs....BUT, i did lose 1.5lbs over night, so there's still some victory in that!

thanks for all the replies! its still VERY interesting to see what everyones highest weight loss in 1wk is.

my first thought this morning before he got home was that my clothes would be alot bigger on me, so i grabbed the smallest pair of pants i own that i haven't worn in years, size 18 levi's....and YES!!!! THEY FIT PERFECTLY! not too tight, not too loosely! so that was another victory, of course i knew right away that if i had infact lost that 30lbs then they'd be hanging off my hips....

well, what can i say, one can only dream i guess. i realize that i didn't gain all the weight overnight and i won't be able to lose it all overnight.

again, thanks for all the input, and i'd still love to keep this thread going to see what the biggest 1wk loss everyone has seen.

xoxo, christie

27 lbs within 4 days of surgery. i always weigh the same time each morning...no clothes...before eating. first thing out of bead. i do not pay attention to the digital scale at my dr's office. i have generally eaten by the time i get there. important to be consistent. 2 different scales may not be the same. i use the older style balance beam type they USED to have at dr's offices.

i lost like 8lbs in 3days right after surgery