Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your favorite workout tune?

So there I was, at the gym, at the end of a 35-minute workout on the elliptical, watching the minutes tick by and getting ready to be done. But then through my headphones I hear the one song absolutely guaranteed to get me crankin' up good: It's Raining Men, by The Weathergirls.

I'm sure people thought I was a lunatic, because I was doing everything but singing my lungs out. :) So what song gets you going, no matter how drained you are?

I can't believe you wrote that since I drop everything when that song comes on to dance in my underwear while singing into a brush handle!

The next best song is THUNDER STRUCK by AC DC. Mind you, I've never been a huge AC DC fan, but a friend gave me a mixed tape to exercise to. Every time Thunder Struck comes on it makes me work harder!

Okay okay... I confess.... it is Men Without Hats: Safety Dance

"you can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind, cuz if friends dont dance and if they dont dance, then their no friends of mine"

Another Favorite is Limp B. My Way

Hmm..lets see I just came from the gym

Do a little dance make a little love get down tonight by kc & the sunshine band

Celebrate good times come on! Celebration by Kool & the gang

Rollercoaster of Love..say what

& Anything by the Gap Band

OMG I could go on and on

Great thread Alexandra!

Let's see:

Carbon Leaf's "Life's less Ordinary" (new group saw them on Ellen Degeneres)

Queen: "fat bottom girls" "we are the champion" "we will rock you" Hell anything by Queen is good to work out to.

Avril Lavigne: Anything is good but I like "skater boi"

Steppenwolf: Anything

Bruce Springsteen: Anything

Aerosmith: Anything

Funny, I'm not a Britney Spears fan, but I love it when they play 'Toxic' at Curves. It's a great work out tune. Another silly song that always makes me wanna move - "Mr. Roboto" by Styx.

I'll think of more.. I'm a major music fan..

From way back when I used to do step aerobics 15 years ago......

New Attitude from Patti LaBelle.

To this day when I hear it I get kinda pumped up!

I actually can't do my workout if I don't have my specially burned cd! My son made it for me and put all my favourites, and some ones he thought would be good - I love love love Van Halen's "Jump", Christina Aguilera (sp?) singing "Dirrrty", and dance tracks like "follow da leader", and "Time to Burn" (Storm)....!

Safety Dance and Toxic! Great choices. Penni, now I'm gonna make you make ME a mixed tape of all this.

And I agree, anything from Queen, any day of the week. Anything from Alanis (she makes me really mad at men, which makes me sweat more.)

Beat it

I feel like a woman

Fueled for Houston (Wilson Phillips)

It's Only Life (Wilson Phillips)

Give it Up (Wilson Phillips)

Hold On (Wilson Phillips)

Okay, so I'm missing my Wilson Phillips! lol And I'm embarassed to admit I had no idea they had more than two albums out... What kind of fan am I???

Now I have to go order some CDs... lol