Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I becoming obsessive?

I almost think I am. I am now getting up 40 minutes earlier in the mornings to do 1/2 hr of cardio on the treadmill at home before I hit the gym to do cardio there. I would just do it all at home, but I love the cardio cinema we have at the gym. Makes the time fly. I can't do more than 50 minutes at the gym in the mornings because I need to catch the bus into dt mpls for work. I keep trying to figure out more ways to get more cardio in w/o taking time away from the family at night. Plus, I have to go to sleep around 9:30 at the latest to get up and start the madness again.

Am I starting to become too obsessed with cardio? I think I might be.

So my question to you is "How long have you been doing this routine in the morning?"

I have been working out since 1983 and one thing I find is a constant, if I get too excited about a routine and get into it like you are, I will burn out within six months--and then I have to force myself to get back into it.

I'm at four days a week now, two at Curves (30 minutes) and two at the YMCA weight training (1 hour 15 minutes) but I really LOVE the weight training more! I just thought with the upcoming three day weekend, "Hey, I can go to the YMCA on Saturday AND Monday AND Wednesday with Curves twice in between!"

But I KNOW myself and I know that if I do, I will get 'burnt' and tire of the routine in a few months--I am safer keeping myself down to four days a week (Friday's I work 10 1/2 hours--banking).

So it's great you're getting in all the cardio--but maybe you could just mix it up a bit with a little weight training?

Whatever you do, you're doing your body good!! :(

So my question to you is "How long have you been doing this routine in the morning?"

I have been working out since 1983 and one thing I find is a constant, if I get too excited about a routine and get into it like you are, I will burn out within six months--and then I have to force myself to get back into it.

I'm at four days a week now, two at Curves (30 minutes) and two at the YMCA weight training (1 hour 15 minutes) but I really LOVE the weight training more! I just thought with the upcoming three day weekend, "Hey, I can go to the YMCA on Saturday AND Monday AND Wednesday with Curves twice in between!"

But I KNOW myself and I know that if I do, I will get 'burnt' and tire of the routine in a few months--I am safer keeping myself down to four days a week (Friday's I work 10 1/2 hours--banking).

So it's great you're getting in all the cardio--but maybe you could just mix it up a bit with a little weight training?

Whatever you do, you're doing your body good!! :(

Well, I've been lifting/working out since I was a frosh in HS back in '86 as I played football. So, I know all about the lifting part.

To answer your most important question, I was banded on 8/28/07. I've done cardio every day, save 4-5, since. I do cardio 7 days a week and lift 4 nights a week after work. I average over 30 miles/wk on the treadmill before I started this new routine this week and about 150 minutes a week of intense circuit/resistance training.

I was just wondering about the cardio. Trust me, if I included the weight lifting in there, I believe most would want to put me in a padded room.

hehe..well you just really like cardio dont you??? well to start.are you getting the results you want?? is your body sore?? that will keep you in good health but only if it is not causing you any problems..do you rest on weekends?? that could be a start...you dont want to over do..

Thanks for the interest Dan. I am getting the results I want/need. Been a little less than 5 mos. and I'm down just around 80 lbs. Probably would be more, but the lifting I do has built a good foundation of muscle. But, as muscle burns calories better than fat, I'll take the exchange.

I'm not sore later. My knees are stiff immediately afterwards, but better after a hot shower.

Whats a cardio cinema? Does it mean you get to watch a movie while working out?

Yes!!!! Best innovation EVER imo when it comes to cardio. They have a huge darkened room where they put a dvd on using a projector on the ceiling that projects the movie onto a HUGE screen at the front of the room. Not movie theatre size screen but maybe about 1/3 of that size. Combines my hate of cardio with my love of movies and allows me to just GO!!!! So much easier. They have about 15 each of elypticals, treadmills and bikes w/a couple steppers.

I feel the same way I am becoming obsessed with working out and downloading calories burned (bodybugg) but I think it better than my food addiction, I would have never imagine that I would become obsessed with exercise, I think I traded my disorder...

I feel the same way I am becoming obsessed with working out and downloading calories burned (bodybugg) but I think it better than my food addiction, I would have never imagine that I would become obsessed with exercise, I think I traded my disorder...

Too true. That is what I think is happening w/me. Even though I am still averaging 2 lbs a wk of weight loss, I find myself thinking it should be more. Oh well, as of now I still am not off the deep end. If I feel it start to take over my way of thinking, I'll talk to my dr.

I don't know....I do a four mile workout seven days a week..I don't really enjoy it, but I know I have to exercise to lose the weight...

If you are obsessed, that is okay...At least you are seeing results...and you are not obsessing over food, right?

Obsessive or not, I admire you!

Yes!!!! Best innovation EVER imo when it comes to cardio. They have a huge darkened room where they put a dvd on using a projector on the ceiling that projects the movie onto a HUGE screen at the front of the room. Not movie theatre size screen but maybe about 1/3 of that size. Combines my hate of cardio with my love of movies and allows me to just GO!!!! So much easier. They have about 15 each of elypticals, treadmills and bikes w/a couple steppers.

I go to a local Gold's Gym and we have one of those, too! I haven't used it yet but it was impressive. All I could think was, "Oh man, if I'm having a bad day and I feel like crap, how perfect would it be to work out in the dark?" Heehee!

One - you guys are all very inspiring. As for being obsessed - I would rather wen (is that the right spelling? no clue.) myself off of running rather than cake and diet cokes any day of the week. Diet coke was hard to give up.

Two - Theater! In the gym! And I thought we had it good with flat screens everywhere. Now I am jealous.

That seems to be very cool, when I do cardio i just watch the clock hoping my routine to finish soon, is so boring just being i the elypticals, some people can do it but I just can't.

That seems to be very cool, when I do cardio i just watch the clock hoping my routine to finish soon, is so boring just being i the elypticals, some people can do it but I just can't.

Yeah, I was the same way. I love this more than I can even express it here. Even better than watching the tv's the gyms have had for a long time.