Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GEHA Insurance

Hello all - anyone else have Government Employees Health Assoc. Insurance (Federal employees?) Just wondering how it has worked with them for anyone else. I called before I even went to see a doc 6 months ago to make sure the procedure is covered - it is.

My doc submitted on 1/14/08. Office already told me to make some calls starting next week - that I will have more success than they would. Thankfully, my docs office is proving to be really helpful. I was a little worried with some of the stories some of you have endured. I will keep everyone posted on my status.

Well, looks like I am the lone wolf on GEHA - Federal Employee insurance. The cool news is that today I got my approval letter.

Yeah!!

Congrats on your approval letter :frown: That's wonderful and I'm sure a huge weight is lifted off your shoulders now. I have GEHA but only dental part :tt1: I have BCBS Federal Employee Plan and my Dr's office said they do cover lap band but can't tell me forsure or even submit to insurance company until I go to my appointment this Friday. Do you have a surgery date? Congrats again.

Hi, I have GEHA as well and Im just now starting my lap band journey. I would like to know what was the process like for you to be approved with GEHA to have the surgery?

Im afraid I will be denied :thumbup: so me and my husband have looked into possibly financing the surgery or just paying for it on our credit card if I am denied.

Chi2Indy - I had GEHA when I started my process back this past November - I switched to FBCBS when I learned of the 6 month supervised diet - I just didn't want to wait! Anyhow, if for some reason GEHA denies you, you can always switch to FBCBS this open season. I am, however, thinking of switching back to GEHA as they seem to be much more cheaper then FBCBS.

Good luck,

Annette

Hi, I have GEHA as well and Im just now starting my LAP-BAND® journey. I would like to know what was the process like for you to be approved with GEHA to have the surgery?

Im afraid I will be denied :sneaky: so me and my husband have looked into possibly financing the surgery or just paying for it on our credit card if I am denied.

Well, it's Open Season, and I am debating whether or not I should go with GEHA or FedBCBS Texas. I have been seeing various docs all year, because I had a time finding one that diagnosed my swollen leg/ankleas as Lymphedema...anyways, in the process I was put on lasik/phenteramine thinking it was possibly a Water or weight issue. I'm wondering if all this visits would even count? Anybody had any success with GEHA. Considering all the recent FedBCBS changs, GEHA is looking better and better.