Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YOGA & MORE

Has anyone had difficulty doing Yoga or anyother type of held stretches? There doesn't seem to be many problems with swimming/walking/cycling BUT anyone have problems with lets say - kick boxing or Crunches with the band?

I just dusted off my Pilates tapes and found that certain stretches can irritate the port area. I just stay away from those exercises. I also do some work on a Yoga Ball and some of those can irritate the area as well. Just learn what works and what doesn't and you should be fine.

I've never tried pilates & the only thing I do right now is walk. But years ago I used to do kick boxing & I have tried yoga & liked it once apon a time. So just wondering what can be done with the band. Thanks Penni

After my 2 week checkup, the doc said I could do ANY exercises I felt comfortable doing...with absolutely NO restrictions. I have been doing Water Aerobics for the past 3 years and couldn't wait to get back; except this time I couldn't until my scars were totally healed and there were no scabs. So, in the meantime, I did Strength/Weight Training during October, November, and part of December till the January class in the Water started.

Mind you, I had NEVER done anything like weight training before, and was just starting to lose weight. So the crunches, and situps, and all the other exercises for both upper and lower body were new to me. I thought for sure I was doing too much; but it was not the case. I felt great and had no problems at all!!! So, I say the sky's the limit!

Now that I have lost 67+ pounds and several inches, I am game for more challenging workouts. The water aerobics is less of a challenge and I am looking for more!!! As the weight comes off, it gets easier and more fun. Kickboxing should be great, just careful nobody kicks you at the site of your port.

I've recently purchased a pilates book and DVD, and also the exercise ball. People cannot say enough about Pilates; and the exercise ball is awesome!!!

I'm off to my first yoga class tomorrow I never thought about whether we'd be restricted or not with having a band but I swim with no problems so think it should be fine.

Helenxx.

Let us know Pippy how the class goes..... Nancy that is awesome about the weight training & I am glad to hear there were no problems. As to the exercise ball let me know if you find any great exerecises, I have one also- of course it isn't doing me much good ~deflated~;0)