Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tennessee Bandsters ??

Hey I live near Nashville now, but grew up in Knoxville (Farragut), so I know exactly where ya are! Good luck with the insurance.

Thanks Brenda and Stacy. Farragut really is close. I live near the Pellissippi in Louisville, if you know where that is. I don't know how long you have been gone. It takes me no time to get to West Knoxville. Turkey Creek shopping area is one of my new favorite places to shop. They have everything out there. :eek:

Brenda, I've been through Sweetwater before. I think the only time I actually stopped there was at the indoor flea market. Isn't that where that is??:)

I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone from east Tennessee on this site.

Hey Carol! I live just outside of Chattanooga, but I go shopping up your way quiet a bit (closest Williams Sonoma is at West Town). I love Turkey Creek too, been there several times! Seems like it just popped up there over night and the area has really exploded. Yep, the flea market is at Sweetwater, I haven't been up that way in a while, seems like I heard a commercial on the radio this morning about the flea market beeing under new management or something? I need to make a trek up to Turkey Creek soon and stop by the flea market to see whats going on there.. Nice to meet you Carol!

Evening neihbors.....SORRY to just be reading your posts and answering, Yes, we have the world famous flea mrkt here, it and the Lost Sea are the only two things that puts us on the map. Oh well. Glad you all are posting here more often. Let us do keep the TN board active. I love talking to you all.

Well, I have been at a plateau for a while and am over it and have not lost anything in about 5 months. I need another fill which is scheduled for next week (thank goodness) but I thought I needed to revamp my eating plan so.....I rejoined weight watchers today and got the information for both the flex plan and the core plan but I am aiming to stay on the core plan. Any of you on the core plan?

I really think I am going to enjoy the support group meetings themselves. I live too far away from my surgeon to go to the lapband support meetings he has there.

Please pray that I can get off this pleateau now!! Thanks.

WOW...what a weightloss Brenda!!! Congrats on that! I am not following a plan right now, but I just eat small portions. I just tryt o be smart about the carbs and things. I am gonna do that until I hit that big plateau that everyone seems to hit. I have thought about ww, but do the points add up to more food that we can consume? I have often wondered that! Nice to hear from ya'll again, lets keep it going.

skbishop, thanks for your kind words... I still have a ways to go on this journey, it helps to have this board to come to and have all you nice people to talk to.... Yes, Plateaus are inevitable.... sadly, but maybe I can push past it soon. No, you can get in that many points in weight watchers, but on the core program with WW you don't count points more less you are eating low fat meats, cheese, veggies and fruits. I am allowed 28 WW points on the points part if I choose to do that, and it is easy to eat 28 points. Thanks for responding and have a great night!

I am excited! I went to Dr. Morton's office on Monday to get the ball rolling. I had to see a phychologist (for insurance). I did that on Tues. I am so ready to get started!! I am a teacher, so I hope to have it done the last week in May, when school is out.

I live in Woodbury, about 15 miles from Murfreesboro. I don't know if I would have gone this far without this message board. You are all an inspiration to me. I especially appreciate the kindness of Stacey.

Thank you!

:wave: Hi LisaC!! Welcome to LBT. I am a newbie myself. I am waiting to get approved by my insurance company. I have had the blood work, etc. done but not the phychologist yet. I hope to get it done by the end of May. I am a TA and am waiting for school to be over with... for the surgery at least! I live south of Knoxville. It's great to talk to other Tennesseeans!!

I am in Memphis. I am not Banded yet! I have a seminar to attend tomorrow. I am so excited that my ins. covers it (if its medically ness.) I don't know if I will qualify b/c I am healthy except that I weigh 310lbs. My feet hurt, my back hurts, and now the smallest amount of cleaning, walking, rushing anything gets me out of breath. I am praying that somehow, someway this will work out.

I am so glad I found this site. It has answered so many questions. I am so glad to know that I am not the only person in this world that has a problem with food. I wake up thinking about what I am going to eat for lunch, at lunch i think about what I can eat at dinner and at bedtime I am thinking about what I am going to eat the next day. I am always thinking of food. My best friend (skinny) will call and be like dang, I just realized that I haven't eaten today I forgot. OMG HOW COULD ANYONE FORGET TO EAT!!!! I sure have never done that....

So if there are any Memphians maybe you could give me some tips!!!

Jenmomto3

Congrats to everyone...seems that everyone is on their way to band land. Keep us updated! I hit my 30 pound mark today!!!!! 30 gone forever! Yeah!!!!

Lisa, Carol and Jen - Welcome to the TN board. Good luck as you persue your weight loss journey and please do post here to keep us updated.

Skbishop - Congrats on your weight loss!!! That is great! Keep up the good work.

I am dragging slow today, my allergies are messed up and I feel all drugged out. I am gonna still make myself go exercise at least 30 minutes on the treadmill and try to get all my Water in today - I need to flush my system out good to maybe get over this allergy mess.

Keep up the good work ya'll and have a good evening.

Brenda - I know how you feel.... I love this time of year in Tennessee because everything is so beautiful, but its heck on my allergies. Its amazing how lethargic and weak allergy/sinus infections can make us feel isn't it? I haven't been drinking as much Water as I need to be the last few days, and boy can I feel it... Welcome all you Tennessee Bandsters! I have filed my appeal to my insurance company and am awaiting word from them. If my appeal is denied I'll proceed with the self-pay route. I hope to be banded by the end of May! Congrats again on the weight-loss Brenda and you too Skbishop! You guys are sooo inspiring!

Thanks Kim, keep us updated on the insurance appeal! Good luck sweeite!

Yes, Kim, these allergies can make us feel all weak and lethargic. I love spring too, but that is the only thing about Spring I don't like.

Yes, good luck on your pursuit to get insurance approval. I sure hope they cover it for you! Keep us posted.

Take care all,

Brenda

Just checking in with the Tennessee bandsters! How's it going everyone?

Brenda - have you made any progress getting over that plateau? Hope so!

lisac - How did your meeting with the doc go?

Jenmomto3 - How was the seminar? Are you ready for the band?

Hope everyone is doing well.. Still waiting on word from John Deere on my appeal.... Later!