Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady Losers 4ever!

It is funny but sometimes it gets out of hand. She's a cutiepie. We have a BIG dog too, a Chesepeake, this morning when I let the little girls out I was tying her and she turned her head into me and bit my boob! She doesn't bite hard but she nips at you, and it feels like a pinch. Last week when the Water man came (we get the 5 gal. jugs delivered) she bit him in the butt! And he was carrying 2 jugs of water! She doesn't do it aggressively, its bc she wants to play but dang it shocks you. I was sooo embarrassed. She looks mean if you don't know her but she's a big baby too. I attached a pic of her on dh's lap, she thinks she's one of the little girls. :smile:

post-211273-13813136252838_thumb.jpg

post-211273-13813136253046_thumb.jpg

Tonight is support group, I missed last month so it'll be good to go, it always inspires me.

Going for a walk - crazy me, I wait until its cold and snowing until I decide to get moving.

makes me burp a little, but not too bad. I drank it so slow and only had a 1/4 of a can. It was slushy so that's why it wasn't so fizzy.

So tonight my landlords came by to check something and I casually ask, how was the holidays? They both start crying and say, "you didn't hear the news, our son was killed"

There was this terrible accident in front of our village on new years eve, 2 German boys and an american, Their son died. He was passing on a 2 lane very dangerous road, going way too fast. 17 years old. They must think we were terrible, we didn't send a thing, go to the funeral. Oh gosh, I feel so so bad right now. All I could say was, I'm so so sorry. We never know what is going on the German side of things.

What do you do in these circumstances? I know that all they want to hear is I'm sorry for your loss or something like that. I know they don't want to hear, it was meant to be, blah blah blah. So what can I do? To show that we care, but without being rude or obnoxious. I could do flowers but it's a bit late for that right? he is buried literally 200 feet from my front door. The is a small graveyard in our village. I'm just blabbering now, but htey just told me like 5 mins ago. I feel so sorry for them.

I don't think its too late to bake a cake and take them a card, write a little something in it saying you're so sorry you didn't hear of it soon, if there's anything you can do.. you know what to write, I don't think that they'll think you are terrible but just that you didn't know. Its always sad when someone young dies unexpectedly, my heart goes out to them.

Well I walked again today, I feel like its a start. Although I haven't actually gotten dressed yet, I'm sitting in my long underwear and sweatshirt, so I'm still a lazy butt. I haven't eaten much today either, just noticed I was feeling hungry. I guess since it is 2:00 I should go start my day. :cool:

Bev and Boo- how are you all? Pain better? Worse?? I had that stomach flu that went around and I do not recommend it! I hope that is all it is though! Let us know how you are. Jill

Sweethot- Re: Death of the landlords son. I would send a card to let them know you are thinking/ praying for them. There is really nothing anyone can do to comfort someone with this kind of loss, IMHO. I went a funeral of a little girl that the mom ran her over accidentally. I bought one of those little teddy bears that have the name a star thing with them. You send the paperwork in and name the star after someone, they send back your star location. I am so sorry for their loss how horrible for them.

My stomach is still not right, but it is improved. I decided not to go to the Dr. yet.... i am thinking it might have been a stomach flu and that my body just reacted differently to it due to the band.

Maybe the gas irritation made my band irritated as well and caused problems that wouldnt have happened to a normal person. I don't know. I am still keeping a very close eye on it because when I laugh i have sharp pains on my left side, under my rib cage. It hurts but not as bad as it did.

Other than a little chicken banquet pot pie yesterday... I havent eaten solid food since saturday. So, one would think my scale should have gone down. I am afraid to look because it probably didn't. (sigh) I hope I start feeling better so I can get back to exercising soon.

Gosh, I have beent thinking about that boy all day long! I keep replaying that converstation with my landlords over and over in my head. I wish I could forget it!

Brandi-glad to hear you are a bit better, anyway. Try the scale, I bet you lost something.

steph- way to go on the walking! I would not be motivated to walk in the freezing! Good for you!

hey girlfriends I see you down there - Banannie - how are you healing? Once again I have to tell you that you look absolutely amazing!

Boo - are you feeling better?

Sweet - hon I felt the same way about when my friend died a couple months ago, I didnt' even know she had cancer until she died! I felt like a smuck - but the family understands that you didn't know. I still think about Sandy and her family, she had a boy 16 and a little girl just in first grade - all Christmas season they would come to my mind, its so sad - all we can do is say a prayer for the family, God can help them through the grief.

Bman - glad you are feeling better. If you had been at my support group last night you'd be in the doctors office today. They told of a lady who's band prolapsed - they ended up taking it out and putting a new one in - long story but doc was upset bc it looks bad on him, but it was her fault for not going in at the first sign of problems. He could have taken some fill out and let the band heal and then refilled but she waited until it was too late - even went to a different hospital for the ER visit. Anyhoo - I hope you take it easy, let the tummy heal and don't worry about weightloss.

hey guess what? I emailed Nat and she wrote back. They blocked LBT at work so she hasn't been able to check in and you know how it is when you get home, not all of us want to get back on the computer after being on it all day at work. Anyway she's doing good and is going try to pop in this weekend. I told her everyone would bombard her with 'we miss you's" so I'm telling ya - email her and let her know we miss her.

:bananalama:Faith--I am so sorry things are rough for you, but you can get back to where you want to be! Have you tried the Power Bars I told you about? When I want chocolate or sweets I cut them up and eat them. I love the Triple Threat Carmel Peanut. 1 step up from a candy bar really. 20 Mg of protien though! :) They taste devine, trust me.

I am here whenever you need me. My gym now has one in Ypsi, so if you ever want to go I am there. You would get in with me for free! :smash:

:)

Brandy, can you give me the brand of Protein bar? What gym do you go to? I'll def. call you when I get my next appointment, maybe I can make it a day and come over and see you on my way home.

welcome faith... we told you before (on the other thread) you are more than welcome... all new comers are welcome. We just have a group that has managed to stick together for over a year now. Certainly doesn't mean we can't have more :ohmy:

As long as you can put up with all of our drama and emotional ups and downs. :ohmy: I don't know what we would all do without one another to kick the others butt when we get down :ohmy:

... Like Faith - we love having ya here with us. Maybe we sounded a little too clicky on the other thread. We can have a bit of drama now and then - but thats what I love about all of you. It doesn't have to be band related...

I know you guys welcomed me before on the other thread, but I guess I was being a bit silly. I wasn't feeling quite yet that I was into this thing (band/weightloss) long enough yet to be considered a "Steady Loser" (not sure I am much of a loser these days, but I'm trying). Being clique-ish is not such a bad thing, you have wonderful support from one another and I would LOVE to become a part of this. I really, really loved reading the old thread (yep read the whole thing) and admire each and every one of you. Thank you again for once more welcoming me into your very fabulous "club."

... Faith - sugar and sweets - I agree with you. ...My big thing was french fries and chips - crunchy and salty. I still struggle with chips - but don't keep them in the house so its not an every day fight. French fries are not allowed by my band. If I eat any its maybe 2-3 and thats it. No matter how well I chew them they get stuck so I just don't bother now. I've never been a Pasta eater either and still don't very often. Last night dh made some raviloi and I ate a few but I cut each one into 1/4's and chewed well. I'm learning.

Guess I have to get going. I think I'll take that walk before I go to work.

I have some chips in the house, DH loves them...Pre-band I'd have eaten half a can of Pringles at a sitting, fortunately post-band I'm not craving them. I guess my tastes have changed. Sadly I now want sweets like I've never wanted them before. But like you I keep tossing them into the trash.

I can snarf about three fries from my husband's plate at dinner and be happy with that (thankfully). Before I'd have had the Mayonnaise and Ranch dressing out and been using them as dips.

But doggone that Pasta, it's yummy. I just make it heavy on the veggie sauce and light on the pasta.

...Faith-I have huge head hunger problems too. And just noticed a few months ago that the sweets cravings are overwhelming! it's crazy. So I've been using the body bugg for almost a month now and eat sweets everyday pretty much. i just work the calories in and manage to stay between 1000-1200 calories. The difference is that i used to eat 3 or 4 200 calorie Cookies and now i eat just one or half of one. Today i had half a Peanut Butter bar thing that i made and that was enough. I may have a bowl of Cereal later though for more sweet tooth giving in. I hope that by eating sweets I can keep losing as well as i am with the bug. i've lost about 8 lbs in a month. My best month yet pretty much...

I'm going to try portioning out the sweets if I have them or give into buying them. One or two Cookies in a snack size bag. I think I could be happy after one cookie if that's all I had at hand.

I need to pick up some OT and get one of these bodybugg (or similar) things.

Of course that means I have to start moving around again!

Bman, hope you feel better soon!!!!

You guys are fantastic!

Gosh, I have beent thinking about that boy all day long! I keep replaying that converstation with my landlords over and over in my head. I wish I could forget it!

Sweethot: I think it would be a great idea to still send a note in a nice card. Simply say that you are sorry did not know until they told you that he had been killed and you feel terrible that you were unable to be there for them at the time. Sometimes it is nice to get a card a while after a death, so much support floods at you immediately following but in the coming weeks and months it seems that you are alone and your loss forgotten. At the hospital we send cards at regular intervals when parents lose a child. Immediately after, a few weeks later, six months and then at the one year mark.

I'm sure you would have sent flowers or a plant at the time if you had known. Perhaps you can offer to plant a tree in his name, maybe a flowering shrub?