Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

success seems so far away

:eek:

I was banded on the 1st of October 2007. I was 123kgs pre banding took Optifast for 1 week dropped 4 kgs then had my band in when I was 118 kgs. It is now 11th Jan 08, I am down to 108 kgs and have had 3 fills - 1st about 6 weeks post op then 1 approx every 4-5 weeks.

I have not told many people I have been banded. Just family and 2 friends.

My problem is that I feel hungry still!!! I have to control what I put in my mouth, A couple of times when I was hungry I ate and I know I forget about the band until I feel the restriction. I feel I may have stretched my pouch.:help: :hungry:

By the 15th of Nov 07 I was down to about 112kgs and thought I could possibly crack the 100kgs barrier by 31st Dec. --- Ha Ha what I fool was I.

I joined a gym 2 weeks before Christmas - went 3 times a week but with christmas and new year I PUT ON 2 KGS--- Have tried hard to lose them - gym was shut over Xmas and going back tomorrow- lost 1 that I put on. Am feeling very discouraged right now.!!

I think a little patience - what a horrible thing!!

I just had my second fill, and I think it will be okay for a while. I still have to make a big effort to say, okay ENUFF! I still want to keep eating, and often, I am eating because its meal times, and because the family is eating.

What I am doing is being really selective in what I eat. I will add a yoghurt to my lunch, because it is sweet and I feel more satisified. But when its 9.30 at night,and I want to eat "just because I want to eat" I refuse myself, and I do feel better next day that I didn't weaken.

its really hard,and I hope you really get to see some results soon. Hang in there, it will be easier soon.

Went to the gynm today worked quite hard. I think the key must be to eat regular meals to not get too hungry. I know results don't happen overnight and also the more you have to lose the longer it takes to show you have lost weight. Only family have commented. I know that this takes time . It can be sooo frustrating.

My 2nd fill is tomorrow. I have gained about 4# since the first fill. I can't blame it on anything except myself. I have been on a total junk food binge. This is something even a fill wouldn't stop...like the 2 bismarks I gobbled up yesterday morning. Why do I do this to myself?

I do see that time is going to pass anyway and I may as well use it to get smaller, not bigger.

I'm down 31 pounds and was banded on 10/27. It will only get better as more time passes.

This is a choice we made, not something that was done to us. Get back that original level of commitment and you will prosper!

butter

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. When I told my dr how hungry I always was, she said to take a couple of boiled eggs with me (to work) to curb my hunger pangs. I find it does help. I'm not losing much but know it will come in time. Hope you're better soon.

I thank you all, at least I don't feel alone on this path. Why is it that I feel the need to eat if I get a compliment. Am I scared to be sexy and skinny. ( don't beleive the compliments are genuine when I get them either) scared to be skinny??

Hi, just got my 4th fill this week and am finally able to feel restriction, and that this is worth it. Feeling a lot more positive. Although I now am eating a lot less than my 9 yo daughter lol!

It is much easier when to get to where you have good restriction. You will not be very hungry when that happens. Hang in there. Donna