Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all! I just wanted to check in. Here is my story....

I had my surgery yesterday. Wow what an experience. I got to the hospital at 7:45am, as instructed, and the waiting began. First they brought me back (leaving my hubby behind) and I got my gown and gorgeous booties and hat on. They started my IV, asked a million questions and then I laid there until 10am before they took me into OR. I was more anxious then nervous. They put a mask over my face and told me to take a couple deep breaths and next thing I knew, I woke up in recovery. The only thing I recall right away was that I had terrible left shoulder pain (the gas). After sitting there awhile and coming around the nurse let my hubby come back for a few minutes because they did not have a room ready for me. So, I waited and waited. At 3:30 they took me for my upper GI. Band looked great but let me tell you, that is some of the most horrible tasting stuff they make you drink! YUCK! Then they took me back to recovery. The nurse was joking around with me by this time. She said the first thing I said when I woke up from surgery was "I'm so excited!" haha Not a typical response from someone coming out of anesthesia, but at least I was thinking very positive! Finally they got me to my room at 5:30. I was in a room with 2 other ladies that also had a lapband placed yesterday. That was a hoot! We walked and talked and had a great time together.

I was sent home today about 11:00 am. All in all I am feeling pretty good. I still have a lot of left shoulder pain from the gas. Walking helps that alot so I am doing lots and lots of walking. Clear fluids are easiest for me to tolerate at this point. I have only gotten down about 8 oz of carnation instant Breakfast drink since last night. It really fills me up and gives me a tight feeling in my chest, so I am assuming that is the "full signal".

I am SO glad to have the surgery over. I am SO excited to start seeing the weight come off. It is so nice to have all of you here to come and share my thoughts and feelings with. Congrats to all of you other Jan. 7 "bandmates" as well as everyone else who has already received their band this month. Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting for your turn. It's gonna go great and you will be so glad you did it!!!

Renee :whoo:

Wow Renee! Congratulations on your surgery & such a great attitude. I look forward to hearing your experiences. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Carol

Thanks for sharing your story! :rolleyes: Congrats, glad to hear you are doing well.

Congrats and keep us updated on how everything is going! I am getting my surgery in 24 hours, and hearing everyone experience is helping to keep me relatively calm. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Thanks for your stories, for everyones story. I have 7 more days until my band, and reading how everyone is doing helps keep the anxiety down. Diane

Renee,

Congratulations and so glad you also had a good experiance and doing well. Keep up posted.

I had an great experience as well. I was banded on monday and am ready to be off of pain meds. I too was quite anxious and it was all for nothign becaus3e the experience has been good. I love my band! I am ready to go out and face the world now. I feel good, not hungry and energetic. hope everyone;s experience goes as well as mine did. good luck

CONGRATS!!!! I can only hope I won't say something crazy in recovery...I truly appreciate you sharing your story and echo the sentiments of someone earlier that it helps ward off the anxiety as I wait for the 16th to arrive..Keep us posted. : )

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm planning to get banded next month but I'm very nervous. It helps to hear positive stories like yours!

congrats to you. thanks for sharing your story. it helped me to read other peoples stories before i went. so thanks for sharing good luck