Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets try this again...Those who were BANDED the week of December 17th...

Trixie I'm gonna be right there with you. Had my check up today...doctor approved me for a fill...but his nurse is a moron. I have to wait for her to do all the paperwork...and she takes FOREVER! Once that is complete she wil call me for a fill...right now they are booked up till the second week in Feb...so by the time she calls (I will say at least 2 weeks) I won't be scheduled till the end of February.

I have come up with a requirement for any future surgeons that I may have...I will not use them unless they (and their nurse) have had the surgery themselves! haha...this way they know what it feels like an how frustrating it is!

Ok, had to report in that I had my first "PB" today. So not fun. I havent been eating junk food at all, but this morning, right after I made my Protein shake, I did something silly and grabbed 2 of my husbands fries from Chick Fil A, and ate them fairly slowly, but bam, right after the 2nd one, I had a horrible feeling in my esophagus. 3 minutes of my mouth watering like crazy, a small amount of burping, then finally a real burp, back came the fries. I had to stop in the middle of the awful pain and mouth watering to realize that I could breathe just fine, so no, I wasnt going to die! I tell you what though, that first time it happens, it's a strange extremely uncomfortable feeling. So here's to hoping we have as few of these as possible as we continue our journey!

It will certainly remind you to think about everything you put in your mouth!

I had my fill on Thursday, and so today was my 2nd day of being back solid foods, but yesterday I had minimal solid foods, and it was later in the day. This happened early in the day, so while I havent really felt any real restriction from the 3 cc's I had in my 10 cc band, it does seem to be more restricted in the morning. Which is what I've heard a lot of people say can happen.

Can't wait to hear everyone else's experiences as we all begin to get our first and second fill's!

Tina

I go for my fill today. I am getting it done by fluro. I know nothing about getting it doen this way. and am quite freaked out about it.

So for those that want the info I will post a little explanation on floro from my experience in december board. ACK

My appointment went well, great to be on solids, however now I am having problems getting all my Protein down.

I made a 2 month appt for my fill, but think i will move it up a week.

I just started exercising this week. I bought an exercise bike, I am thrilled with it, I have always liked exercise bikes. I agree with you I want to see that weight just fall off, but will be happy with 1-2, more like 2-4 pounds a week. Am excited for the results.

deb

Betty, what doyou mean your body rejected the band. Is it still in? sounds like you had a horrible time. glad it is better for you now.

deb

Trixie, I agree about the fill, I am now not staying as full as i did at first so want to get it done. I think this is the best tool I have ever used for losing weight. My Dr. is adament about not doing a fill for 6 weeks, so there will be complete healing. He also says the band will not make you lose the weight. You are the one that has to eat right and exercise. The band isonly the tool to help you. I love it.

deb

Haven't had a mcflurry since, computer was down due to the kids opening things they shouldn't and it was riddled with viruses. Anyway, I think things are done differently here in Ireland. We are advised from the 1st week to start on solid food. I do have restriction, but only with some meats and bread. Since banded and not from a before diet, I lost 17lb however, I have gained about 5lbs since I got the fill on the 4th of January. I don't understand. Really I have been very good and am going by the nutritionists guidelines and receipe book. Im boggled as to what is wrong. I phoned to have a further fill and they offered me 26th January but this is my daughters 21st birthday so I'm scheduled for 2nd February now. My band is an 8ml band. I have 3ml in at present. Perhaps you can throw some light on things.

I did real well with eating until a few days ago. I guess I have been frustrated because I lost about 7 pounds after surgery and then the weight loss just stopped even though I was eating 1100to 1200 calories a day and exercising. I am getting really hungry and can't wait for my fill which is still 3 weeks away!

Hi DandyDeb,

My doctor explain that in all of his patients only 3 people had their bodies reject the band. Of course I was the 3rd. lol..... It just means that it takes your body longer to adjust to the band. They don't do anything, you just wait it out. If I had had better care in the ER I might not have gotten bactrial pneumonia. I am having my first fill on Fri. hope there are no problems then. Will let everyone one know.

Betty

I had my banding on 12/19/07 by Dr McAlexander in Arkansas. I go for my first fill next Monday. I am very nervous because I have noticed I can eat a lot more now that the swelling has gone down. I am worried it will fill like it did right after surgery. I know I need to do a couple of days of liquids after fill, but what to eat after that I wonder????

Hey 35 is great for 1 month. I think I will weigh in at 25 when I go for my fill on Fri. From what I hear and read you just start over after a fill. Liquids then soft you set your own pace. Its all about what your system will take. So take care. Will post after my fill.

Betty

OK I had my first fill yesterday. Under Fluro.

For me this is what happened. I laid under the x-ray table pulled my shirt up and pants down just enough to show my belly. He rubbed the area with alchol. took a picture of the port to see how it was positioned. Put this long needle in and watched on the screen to make sure he got the port. Then I sat up. He filled the band with 5cc of Fluid (I have the 10cc band). They gave me a glass of Water and I drank it. he switched out the suringe added more Fluid had me drink again. When Water got stuck he backed fluid out slowly till the water flowed down. I drank more water to make sure everything was going down ok. then he removed the needle. And I wend home. I think the whole thing took maybe 10 minutes or less and only that long because the xray machiene was brand new and he wanted to try out the fetures. It is one especialy for barieatric patients.

I have a bad habit of wanting to snack. Mostly while I am at work. for me I had to put a timer on my desk to remind myself not to drink for one hour after eatting. when I hear the timer I can drink...and I want Water by then so no Snacks because I dont want to wait another hour to drink