Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cant take this anymore

If he's going to act so irresponsibly, then it is past time for him to go.

If he really cared about you and your MARRIAGE, he would have been at your doorstep, begging for another chance, with the MONEY FROM HIS SISTER IN HAND.

He hasn't done that, he's packing already. Tells you right there how much he loves and cares about you and your committment to one another.

This man was not ready for marriage, nor will he possibly ever be if he's going to let a sister dictate who he is with.

I wish you luck and happiness and good health!

Brava to you for standing up for YOURSELF! It's gonna be a rough start to 2008, but I'm going to bet this will be an amazing year for you!

i have to agree completely with faith. my dh can say some really stupid things sometimes, and i think a lot of men can, but if i dare to tell him to leave, he would collapse in the floor begging for forgiveness. that does tell you right there where he stands.

now, me being with a man who can say some stupid things sometimes (i say stupid things to him a lot also). you have to pick your battles, much like a 2 year old, but if your husband is openly choosing his sister over you, then there are deeper problems there and you should not have to subject yourself to it. perhaps he did not realize the committment involved in MARRIAGE.

Just so ya know, landlord can't legally kick you out without 30 day notice, even if it is for non-payment.

So if they try to kick you out the next morning, call the cops.

And sorry you're going through all this :rolleyes:

Oooo, excellent point, Laura!

I had forgotten that. And I believe if you fight it, it can take much longer than 30 days.

Oooo, excellent point, Laura!

I had forgotten that. And I believe if you fight it, it can take much longer than 30 days.

What I remember from my apt managment days years ago, in WA state, if someone missed the deadline for payment of rent, we posted a 3 day pay or vacate notice. After those three days, eviction procedures started, but it took a while to get everything done.

If you get him out, be sure and get your locks changed. Also take care to change everything that is in both your names. Don't let him do something that will ruin your credit.

Hey there, sorry to hear about your situation. I do not think you two are too young to be married for starters. (Someone else said that somewhere) Instead of ending it, it might not hurt to seek marriage counseling so someone else can help point out to your husband that you and yalls marriage come before anyone else. He may need someone other than you to show him his ways are not right. Verbally bashing one another will not solve anything (although it feels good at the time!!) I wish you the best of luck. Take care!

I have to respectfully disagree with the above poster. After marrying at 23, and being in almost the exact same situation as you with the evil sister in law, all I can say is RUN. Get out while you can. It will not get any better. Your husband needs to grow up or else find someone else that will put up with his shit, but you don't need to be the one putting up with it. It will be hard at first, but you can do it. And 10 years later, you will be much happier without him, and much less willing to put up with any crap like that from any other man!

You go girl!!:whoo:

I have not read all the replies but let me tell you about my experience. When I first met my husband he told me the most imporant person in his life was " his mom , his friends , THEN who ever he was dating" I laughed it off not paying much attention . My husbands mother had a terminal illness when we met, she came first, Holidays were ALWAYS with her , her feelings came first. We got married she tried to run my wedding even . We got along at first. Dh and I had a baby . When someone would say something like " Your baby sure is cute " My MIL would say things like ' Yeah WE Did a good job didnt we " she would tell peple DH married ME because her promised HER he would get married and have a baby before she died. We started to not get along, He ALWAYS took her side. Sort of like your situation it was always my fault , I was always the bitch ! Things got MUCH MUCH WORSE, I stopped going around her, i refused to be around her, i refused to let me kids around her. That caused SO many problems for my husband and I We almost split up after 3 yrs of marriage.

Anyway , MIL Died 2 yrs ago ON My husbands birthday non the less, typical of her to ruin his birthday for the rest of his life. Our marriage did NOT get better until AFTER she died ! Im not kidding. If i knew NOW what I knew then I would NOT have married him because of his mom . His mom came first ALWAYS , even after we had kids she came first. Dont settle for second , get out while you can and BEFORE YOu have kids. TRUST ME after 8 yrs of marriage and 6 of them with my MIL around its NOT WORTH IT !

HTH

Mindy

Ok SO NOW I went back and read the posts I see your situation has changed. Im glad your getting out ! I have to say my marraiage came ClOSE to ending on several occasions and im glad i stayed NOW but If his mom was still alive I cam promise you i would not be married !

Good luck ! Keep us updated on ur situation ! Also I would suggest filing legal separation papers asap so that if anything is in his name from day one you have proof you were seperated and your credit is not ruined, he can be held legally responsible for it .

Mindy

I am glad that you are getting out of the situation. I do not agree that you're necessarily too young to be married (I got married at 18 and have been married for 13 years, so it can work). But your husband should be making you #1, not his sister. She jeopardized your HOME for Pete's sake, and you're being the bitch? Outrageous. I might suggest counseling but it doesn't sound like he'd be willing to go for it anyway. Just follow the advice of some other posters and make sure you get everything in your name ASAP so he can't screw up your credit or your finances. Good riddance to him.

Girl kick him to the curb!! He's seem like such an ass!! I know easier said then done TRUST ME lol But you don't deserve to be treated like that!! If a guy ever talked to me like that I would back hand him! And he knows whats good for him, he would turn around and not even attempt to raise a hand to me. What happen to the gentlemen, the good guys who'd do anything for a woman? I think that emphasis on looks and money are blinders for this sort of thing these days...I am not saying that all rich good looking men are ass holes or wife beaters or verbally abusive but alot of them think they can do whatever they want the the wife is a trophy that musn't speak its mind...BULL SHIT!! lol women are strong opinionated and intelligent and shouldnt ever let a man talk down to her!! Sorry for my soap box but I have had a lot of man trouble and I am only 19!! I can only imagine how the rest of my days will turn out!!

Are you SURE this bitch is his sister..I hope you left girl.

Edited by kylady

Everyone had good advice. Your way to young to be experiencing these problems. Your only married a year and this is how he's already treating you! Trust me you will experience alot of problems in a normal marriage that will test your love, dedication and commitment(By normal I mean being with someone who will respect and support you). Ive been married almost 11 years and we've experienced alot, I wouldnt have made it through most of the problems without the support of my wife. I would never even consider talking down to my wife like that and she definately wouldnt let me. It wont get better from here! I have a theory, Im assuming you are or where overweight,(because your on here) Maybe your husband is worried that you will gain more confidence from losing weight and feels threatened. Maybe he's so disrespectful because he wants you to believe you dont or wont be able to have better! If that is possible, he's so wrong, everyone deserves to be happy. Screw the counseling, hes just not ready for commitment. The good thing is, you thought it was problem enough to ask advice from strangers, now what will you do with the advice? Its always good to listen to unbiased advice when dealing with relationship issues even though it may not be what you want to hear. This is my unbiased advice, "Get the f^&$K out and thank god you didnt have kids with him!!!

Everyone had good advice. Your way to young to be experiencing these problems. Your only married a year and this is how he's already treating you! Trust me you will experience alot of problems in a normal marriage that will test your love, dedication and commitment(By normal I mean being with someone who will respect and support you). Ive been married almost 11 years and we've experienced alot, I wouldnt have made it through most of the problems without the support of my wife. I would never even consider talking down to my wife like that and she definately wouldnt let me. It wont get better from here! I have a theory, Im assuming you are or where overweight,(because your on here) Maybe your husband is worried that you will gain more confidence from losing weight and feels threatened. Maybe he's so disrespectful because he wants you to believe you dont or wont be able to have better! If that is possible, he's so wrong, everyone deserves to be happy. Screw the counseling, hes just not ready for commitment. The good thing is, you thought it was problem enough to ask advice from strangers, now what will you do with the advice? Its always good to listen to unbiased advice when dealing with relationship issues even though it may not be what you want to hear. This is my unbiased advice, "Get the f^&$K out and thank god you didnt have kids with him!!!

Wow, I didnt see the date until

i posted. Well I need to know, what happened?

Are you SURE this bitch is his sister..I hope you left girl.

Thank god I wasnt the only one that didnt realize this was from 2008!