Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning, Violets..

Well, we woke up to snow on the ground this morning!!! Wonder what it will be like for the Trick or Treaters Friday. Might have to dress up in snowsuits!

Amanda.. your baby is beautiful!! Glad to hear everything went well and glad to see you posting again.

TracyK..we're so happy for your butt!!:)

PamELa..we need pics of you and your earrings!

Susie... congrats on the good choices. I'm doing the same here. I'm finally feeling my sweet spot (I know that sounds kinky, but get over it) and am not hungry between meals. The Bobster is doing much, much better now too. No more carbonation for him. He's drinking the diet Fuze drinks and likes them. I'm drinking white cranberry peach Ocean Spray diet drink and just love it slushy like.

Gas is $2.47 here. I don't drive that much anymore, but the Bobster sure does and thank heavens his mileage is covered, or I don't know how we'd pay for all the gas he uses.

TracyinKS.. glad to see you back too!! As for hot dogs, our nutritionist said it's the worst offender for getting stuck, and mostly by men and mostly at ball games. Go figger. I can't eat them anymore and I used to LOVE them.

Gotta go get some Breakfast and then do laundry while waiting for Ethan to arrive this afternoon. Choir rehearsal and then a rehearsal after that so I won't be home til 8 tonight. Wednesdays are not my happy days!!

Everyone make it a good one! Catch ya later.

post-215048-13813137824635_thumb.jpg

Got up early to do hair and make up.. russ in the shower..

He's very cute Panda, congrats :)

Gas is back down here too thank goodness. It was $2.42, took $28 to fill up russells tank yesterday.. was $68 a month or so ago!!

Had dentist yesterday, first time ever he said my teeth look great and didn't tell me I need to floss. I floss daily, but some reason everytime I go he tells me I need to floss. I tell him I do, and he hmms.

40 minutes of my appt. was the hygenist telling me about her story with kids. She's 27 with 3 kids, and was tellin me all kinds of interesting stuff.. got pregnant in college when she lost her virginity, blah blah blah.. I kept glancing at the clock, I didn't get out of there, from a regular cleaning..for almost 2 hours!!

Ok off to finish getting dressed and off to work..

TracyinKS - Mom's doing good. Guess what!! Now my dad is going to get the surgery too! So even with me and mom having our slip-ups (especially during my pregnancy...mom enjoyed it too! lol), he still sees how good we've done I guess :) She's loving having baby Max around...she's so proud of him :)

janiebug - unfortunately, with me staying home, we don't even have money for our bills as it is...certainly don't have a lot of money for insurance :-( Apparently there are some plans that will cover me, but they are like $400 a month...which is absolutely out of the question :-( DH did tell me that he heard his company is looking into a group plan...and as far as I'm aware, under a group plan, they can't deny me basic coverage. They can certainly deny coverage for anything band-related, but not basic coverage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my hands together (praying) that it works out that way -- and soon!

Judy - Thank you for the compliment on Max...we think he's quite gorgeous too :) Looks just like his daddy!! But DH doesn't see it...*shrug*!

Laura - Am I reading your signature picture right....are you expecting a little band baby too??? (((I don't have time to read back and catch up! LOL))) If so, congrats!!! and if so, how far along are you?? If you ever need to vent or need advice, shoot me an email :)

Well, little Max is hungry (again...LOL)....I'll check in again later. Btw, Jacksonville (where I live) broke a temp record last night...35 degrees! BRRRRR!

take care :)

Amanda

Oh Judy! How pretty all that snow is! I admire it from afar!

Laura - YUUMM, that chowder sounds yummy. Those are my favorite type of Soups. Thick and filling for our cold cold 40 degree nights, LOL... We are such pansies when it comes to the cold weather. I already turned on my heater at home and we sleep with down comforters and 4 hot dogs in our bed, LOL.

Pammy - we want pics of you in your earrings! You know, we haven't done a weeknight movie in years. Not sure why. Hmmm....

Amanda - Your baby is too cute!! I don't have a clue about insurance but definetly call Jane, I'm sure she can help. Were you completely unfilled during your pregnancy?

TracyK - Is Macy excited about Halloween? We always have a huge Halloween party and the kids just love dressing up. We even dress up to take the kids out! I still haven't decided what my costume this year is gonna be...

Terry - do ya'll do anything for halloween? or since the kids are all grown is it just another day? We haven't ever had a lull of no kids in our family... We grew up but I have cousins that are of all ages and then some cousins already have kids so the cycle always begins again...

TracyKS - some kids just want to get kids in trouble because they're jealous! Like, why didn't my mom think of that? LOL. Is he gonna be a ninja for halloween?

I seriously don't know what I'm gonna be! Last year I didn't dress up and the year before I think I was a maniacal doctor or something. I wore scrubs and splattered fake blood over everything.

What's everyone up to this Halloween?

Yes Panda I'm pregnant, I am 15 weeks today.. due April 23!

Haydee.. I dress up every year to pass out candy. I am going to see Saw IV (or is it V? The new one in theaters) with my mom, sis, and sis' gf tomorrow night. I am medusa this year.. it's really just a black athenian looking toga thing, with gold ropes and gauzy veil shoulder drapes, etc.

Ohhh Haydee, just found this on my phone, wanted to ask you about it..

I never saw the brand of Pork rinds you sent us, (mine are long gone now hehe so I forgot the brand), but these grabbed my attention at the store. Packaged different, but some reason it looked similar to those bags. It says it's made in TX.. is this the one your (mom owns?) isn't that right?

Let me know, cause that means our stores carry them now!

porkskins.jpg

Mom just got back from Chicago, she brought me this bottle of Water. It's almost 30oz and is glass. She said she got room service and asked for 2 bottles of water.. they brought her 2 of these, and she said they were $20 each so she wasn't going to throw it away lol.

smallwata.jpg

I went to Wal-mart after work this morning and I got a phone call from my boss. She wanted to know if I had a few minutes. So she proceeds to tell me that the new girl just called in and "QUIT"

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.

That means starting monday morning, I'm back to the early morning shift until they find someone and train them again. Looks like for the next few months I'm gonna be grumpy again.

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.

Edited by Suziecat

Laura - those are really good too but they're not my mom's brand. I don't think she ships to Alabama yet.

Your costume sounds easy and that's what I'm looking for! I might try going as a hippy. I have a tunic, some bell bottoms, a leather tie around my forehead, a peace necklace... The only thing I don't have are thick soled shoes but I'll just wear flip flops.

OMG, $20 bucks for Water? ?? What the heck does it taste like and where does it come from? The center of a 1000 year old glacier populated with unicorns and faries?

Let me know how the new Saw is... I usually wait until they're out on video so I can watch them at home during the day with all the blinds open and all the lights on, LOL. I'm such a chicken.< /p>

Suzie - stay away from the chocolate! It won't make your day any better. What's up? Anything we can do?

Oh suzie, that sucks. Is that a job that you need or do you do it in order to distract yourself? Why is it that when things go south you are their back up plan? So sorry!

My Sis and I are headed to the movies. We are going to go see "Secret Life of Bee's". I just need to keep my head in the game and not order an XXXLarge Buttered popcorn.< /span>

I love my job and basically do it just to get me out of the house and away from the kitchen. Lynn hired me because I am so flexibe with my time. I can cover shifts for anyone at almost anytime. I know how to run both stores. That's what she likes about me. I enjoy going in and meeting all the people but 7 hours of being a fitness instructor is alot. I like the 3-4 hour shifts. Hubby wants me to quit but this is the first job I have ever had where I didn't get in trouble for talking all the time. LOL.

I'll get thru it. I just hate the getting up at 4:30 am to be there.

I'm not going to let this derail me. I'm gonna make good choices today. Like a small popcorn instead. No chocolate for me.

My Sis and I are headed to the movies. We are going to go see "Secret Life of Bee's". I just need to keep my head in the game and not order an XXXLarge Buttered popcorn.< /span>

Ummm, just remember the saying, "you are what you eat". So, be careful sista! (((hugs)))

Haydee-macy is really excited about halloween. I just really do not want her to have so much candy. But, what do I do? I mean part of me is sayin' "its Halloween, let her be a kid" and the other part of me is like OMG....that is too much candy!

Terry---no, my earrings have only one large denim-y blue bead on each pin. There is one at the top, then the curly Q, then the 3 pins look to have....well wait a minute, there is 3 beads, yes--small seed beads, then the large denim colored one. Want me to send it back to you? I am so sorry I lost it I cannot tell you! Literally made me sick the rest of the day, I was so sad.

I have so much I need to be doing, and nothing even appeals to me to want to do any of it!!

I have a housefull of people due here Friday night, my DD's baby shower on Saturday, and we leave for TX on Sunday. I do not have a single thing packed, nothing cooked to take, nothing cooked for Friday, nothing wrapped or ready for the shower-----I have bought several things, and we have bought them a dresser/changing table---so the buying is done, but I need to get the rest together, buy some blue tissue paper etc. I have done nothing! Little things keep popping in my mind that I need to do----download the pics from the camera card, and re charge the battery.....nah, it is still in the bike!! I have no idea why I am such a slug lately!

OK, I went and got the camera and the battery is charging so I can download the pictures, and be ready for both Halloween and TX.

We will be in TX for 10 days or so, and I will take my laptop, but unless I hit a WiFi hotspot, it will do me no good (other than solitaire!). I will have major Violet withdrawals! I have cell service when we go to Brownwood, but even in Comanche it is spotty---they all complain about it. We are going with the whole family, and to say I am not jumping in excitement is an understatement!!

We take my inlaws twice a year, it is their home, and they should not be driving it, we know that, they are harder to convince. But this year my son, DIL and grandson are going as well. It is a small 2 bedroom original homestead farmhouse! Rick and I will likely either get a motel (which my finances will not appreciate!) or stay with his Aunt. She is the one that I swear when TracyK grows old, I already know what she is going to be like! Seeing Tracy was like looking at Aunt Carolyn 35 years ago! She is my favorite of Rick's relatives there, and I LOVE spending time with her, she is a riot, so hoping we stay there!

His Mom says they have one of the Queen size air mattresses on the stand......ummmm no thanks! I do not do well with air matresses in the first place, I am top heavy, so I feel like I sleep with my head in a hole! Secondly there is only 2 bedrooms, and one bathroom! One bathroom with 6 adults and a kid---and in order to get to the bathroom---you HAVE to go through one of the bedrooms!!! So at night if I was in the LR on the airmattress if I needed to go I would have to traipse through either my inlaws bedroom or my kids----or if one of them stayed in there--they would be coming through mine--NO!!!

Rick really does need our sons help on some things there, he needs the strength, and agility to fix a Water shed, and things---but it is turning into a royal nightmare!

I have bacon cooking, and it is making me hungry! I have not changed my ticker, because I will get back there, but I have gained weight! It is time to pay attention for me. Being with all these people who watch my weight as closely as I do (MIL, DIL) will surely help with my snacking demons!!!

Today instead of doing the million things I need to, I am going to lunch with Marie! Then going to go with Mom and Kinsey to the pumpkin patch again! So I better get with it.....

Kat