Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Terry...if your survivor guilt gets too out of control, go buy me a generator! That'll make you feel better :) Anything I can do to help LMAO! Or come help me clean out my stinky freezer when I get back. You choose! :tt1:

Thanks for the sweet words ladies. I feel better being able to post too. It makes me sick to know that Wednesday when we go home we do not know how long it will be before we have lights.

Pamela-I wish I could come stay with ya! Macys school situation is till in the air. They have not made decisions yet. My dss and dsd school is in LaPorte and they got it bad too. Worse than us actually as far as flooding. Those residence can not even go back yet, AT ALL! You know, I used to live in galveston a few years ago. The apartments I lived in were really nice. I am glad I did not live on the island now. Those poor folks!. The job I just quit was on the island...I am trying to get ahold of my friend that works there. I am quite sure they are underwater.

I will post again in the morning! I really love you guys!

Check this out....this is really close to where my mom lives!

post-220113-13813137570807_thumb.jpg

Well girls I am home finally, almost 6:30!

I went and had my X ray study done, no barium, since they knew nothing was going through. Then Rick took me to the Dr. I mentioned my eyes were suffering....I cannot drive, come to find out, they are bad enough right now to have me considered legally blind!!! It IS due to dehydration, causeing the vitrious liquid in the eye to dehydrate and that causes your lens to flatten--and it sucks!

So I saw my PCP, he tried to admit me to the hospital, which is full with the gastric crap that started my problem!! I begged not to go! So instead he sent me back to the hospital to the outpatient nursing for IV fluids---2 bags tonight....and 2 bags morning and night until I see my Dr. in CO for my band. He wanted a urine sample, and I could not pee enough for one, but the drops I got----he said I was on the verge of renal shutdown. I have since peed without issue following the IV so I am fine there.

I spoke with my band Dr. following him getting the X rays. He said rather than a slip he thinks I prolapsed my band. Since I have no fill at all, and the opening is bigger, that when I vomitted so hard and repeatedly, I tried to vomit the bottom of the stomach back up through the band.

Especially since this happen before and eased, same way. Slips do not come and go. If it is prolapse without a slip involved, I have 2 choices only. I can have fill put back in so there is no way for it to occur again, or have it removed.

I go to see him on Thursday. He said tomorrow is too soon to travel, I need more hydration on board tomorrow----he too thought I should be in the hospital (damn Dr.'s!) And Wed. is his surgery day----he has several bands scheduled. So seeing him would be much briefer. So he said to take an extra day to hydrate and come on Thursday. So Rick is starting a vacation week on Thursday and taking me and we will just figure it out as we go.

He said there is a good chance that with all this hydration the stomach will right itself, and I will go back to "normal". But the problem will recur everytime I vomit or sometimes even the positions I get in could cause it.....and it puts me a serious risk of slippage and possible erosion if neither have happen yet.

So for now I sip and toss as I can handle it----if I am thirsty---I drink, and just be prepared for it to come back up. If it rights itself I can eat and drink as tolerated.

I was so dehydrated they poked me 7 times to get an IV established-----so it is still in---they will use it tomorrow, then likely move it, as it is in the back of and above my thumb!!!!

I am totally exhausted! Thank you so much for all the well wishes. I am very upset, but ready to fix it one way or another---I am afraid of not eating at all! I am going to be way below goal at this rate....how wierd!

I will check in later or after my appt for fluids tomorrow. I am needless to say not playing or even making an appearance at our game tonight! I have to be back at the hospital at 7:15 AM and 4 Pm for the next 2 days for 2 liters at a time. Should help me feel much better!

Talk to you all soon. Lotsa Love!

Kat

Kat, That's amazing. I never would have thought that that could happen. How weird. It does give you something to think about though. Boy, I'm not sure I could give up my band but I'm not in your position. Good Luck through all of this. I will keep you in my prayers.

Getting ready to call it quits. I'm pooped. This getting up at 4:30am is for the birds. I hope they hire someone soon to take this morning shift. I want to ge back to my old shift.

Have a great evening and I'll talk at ya tomorrow.

Kat.. are you sure you shouldn't be in the hospital?????? What you're describing sounds very serious. My prayers are with you through this.

I'm waiting for the Bobster to get home from Bible Study, then we'll watch a little tv and head to bed.

We have so many Violets in need lately......... we need to summon up as much purple power as we can for them all.

Everyone have a good night.. sleep well.

TracyK... how much ice cream did you eat today??????

Judy, I might should be in.....but our insurance sucks soooooo bad! Rick's work is based out of TX so our insurance is company ins. and is BCBS of TX. But I am in NM, so everywhere I go or anything is out of network. Makes my max out of pocket annually go from $2750.00 to $15,000.00!!! I cannot afford any more time than I have to in this place!

So I am being Dr.d by Dr. Rick instead!!! Thanks for the concern----if it gets worse I will suck it up and just go, but going to try it this way first.

Back to my recliner, I need to call my Mom and see if she is going to be ok with Kinsey all week.

Kat

Jeez, Kat. I hope you're going to be OK!! If two doctors told you you should be in the hospital, I'm surprised Rick didn't sit on you to make you stay! You're a good patient though and am sure you're following orders (RIGHT?). Please be careful!

TracyK - I'm all over my guilt. ;-) But thanks anyway! I know you're just trying to help a sista out.

Damn it...just lost a beautiful and eloquent post!!

Kat~ I know you will feel better resting at home... but you gotta make a PURPLE PROMISE that if you need to drag your butt to the hospital...you will! Violets orders, lol (I am sooo bossy). I am sure IV's 2x a day will make you feel better!

Terri~How are you holding up? I am sorry for you having to postpone the service. Are you doing ok? How is sister? xoxoxoox

Michelle~ That was cute! I sent it to my dad right away...I always wanted to be president. I think I would make a great president! Honestly!

Laura~ How you doing honey? Hope your getting some relief tonight. How did the judge shows treat you? Wanna borrow my complete I Love Lucy set?

Gina! Good to see you!!!

Susie~ I am up at 5 am daily, and most days wake up 20 min before the alarm too. Sucks huh!

Judy~ How is my roomie (once a roomie...always a roomie). Any word on the ds and dd in law drama?

OK...gotta go work before I lose this post as well!

xoxoxooxoxxo

morning gals

we got left overs of Ike, lost power at 1am Sunday night, it was tropical here and so windy. I couldn't sleep because 1, it was so hot, and 2, because I was afraid i was not going to get up.... long day yesterday. My boss was home in Buffalo and experienced the same thing.

I'm mental eating, my tummy feels so bloated but my legs and arms are shrinking. I don't get it

Kat - omg... that just sounds horrible, take care of you!

Laura - take it easy - forced bedrest is not fun

Tracyk and Terry - so glad you guys are ok

Haydee is ok but would love to see her

Michelle, I love being set up on the Y, does yours have fitlinxx? I love that I account for everything I do there.

Jane hey there

Suzie - are you still motivated

Pamela - you sound crazy busy - but must be an amazing teacher

Tracyks- hey there sister - enjoying your new kitchen?

I know i'm forgetting someone, i'm sorry not intentional

I got up early to walk but I think i'm going to pass and do Water aerobics tonight - i'm getting out of work early and it is freezing here this morning.

Talk to you all later

:blush:

Uh oh, so I flew to the UK to see the nurse about the awful tightness & after some questioning the surgeon advised her to unfill my band completely!!

Well, strangely I have noticed my normal stomach has Obviously Shrunk in the past whatever months as when I eat I am uncomfortably STUFFED after not so much.

In saying that I am VERY scared coz I have indulged in bread, and being able to eat un restrictedly again feels very very bold...

I missed my weight watchers weigh in last week & again this week and now I find myself in the oh my god I bet I've gained 10lbs state of mind!!

I'm scared for sure. Apparently He unfilled the band to give my stomach a chance to recover from being so tight, the heartburn & not being able to even hold down fluids. I was Vomiting daily.

Has anyone here every had a complete unfill? He says I can fly back over & get filled again in a couple of weeks..

Do you think he's testing me? I'm paranoid that if I gain before I go back to him he'll tell me I obviously not trying & that I'm expecting too much from the band & pushing it?

PURPLE PARANOIA!!!:tt2::eek::rolleyes:

Good morning!

I am up after an up and down night.....I am almost getting used to them! With my band closed off, I have 2 choices----if I do not drink anything, then my mouth is so dry it chokes me almost as soon as I fall asleep. On the other hand if I do drink, I reflux the instant I relax enough as I fall asleep.......hoping todays influx of fluids will relieve the dry mouth issues and I can sleep!!!

To look at my arms this morning, one would think I was still married to my ex husband!!! Lots of bruises!!!

But yes I am truly being a good patient. I move around the house, nothing more---I continue to sip and try to absorb things into my mouth----lots of fruit juices and ice chips. I figure anything of nutrient base I can absorb is helpful.

Laying in bed last night Rick ask me in all seriousness if my concern over losing my band was band related or Violet related! I was able to comfortably and honestly answer him that it was strictly band......that my friends have gone so far from simply being held together by bands that it was not a concern. I told him I would never let one of you not be a Violet if this happen to you and assured him you would not dump me because of it either. I had this visual in my head.......him seeing us in the big house next summer holding a vote, and me being black balled!!!! LOL

So what can we do to help out in what way Tracyk? I have no generator to send.......how about other things that I understand are in short supply---snacks, batteries......room fans? I can get a box in the mail......for you or Haydee....or both! Sounds like Terry is lucking out, and has what she needs. How about an entertainment box for Macy? Let us help you---do not be shy about ASKING!!! I mean heck I am asking y'all not to get me to Alabama and not black ball me!!! LOL

Well I have to get ready I have to go to the next town over and all the way across that town to the seedy side to get to the hospital. Which I could do in 35 minutes or so. But Rick will be here to take me and he will want to have an hour, he is always EARLY!!! LOL But he insists he needs to sit with me as my revival juice goes in!!! Actually he has an aversion to me driving with my eyes the way they are, but I think they are already some better! YAY!!

Will check in in awhile......

PURPLE POWER to us all!!!

Kat

Kat~ LOL @ Rick! We don't just love you cause you have a band! HAHA...how cute. I wonder what our spouses think. Last night, Susanne was telling Steph that, "she is always on w/ the violets!" LOL...Band or no band...we are stuck w/ each other for life!

Lunasa~ Let your tummy rest a few weeks then reschedule the apt. It is ok...I'vbeen unfilled 2x because I was too tight. Now, I have not lost much weight, which is completely my fault. But after a few weeks of rest, you will be back in "fighting shape"!

Jenn~I don't know if I am an "amazing teacher"...but I am a busy one! thanks for the props girlie!!!

OK...have a great day. Gotta boogey!xoxoxo

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm up and ready to head out to the hospital for my shift. Then it's a lazy day until I have a rehearsal tonight. Was supposed to go out for lunch, but we had to reschedule it to Thursday.

It was darn cold this morning when I got up... 41 and the furnace kicked on. The sun is out now so I'll crank up the pool heater and hope I can get in to swim tomorrow at least.

TracyK.. hope everything is ok there. I'll be happy to send anything you might need. Just let me know!!!

PamELa.. your roomie is doing just great..thanks for asking.

The Bobster and I were discussing our plateau yesterday and we came to the conclusion that #1.. we've both lost the most weight we ever have..#2. We both feel really great and have accomplished a lot. #3. We both are feeling comfortable and that's the reason we are not losing anymore. Soooooo the conclusion is that we need to both get a fill and buckle down and start working at this again. I just put on my pair of cords and a light sweater from last winter and everything fits fine so I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either. We'll see what this fill on the 22nd does for us. We've slacked off on the exercise and like Michelle says.. we need to get back on track with that.

I have my support group this Saturday and am looking forward to sharing stories with everyone and getting some new motivation.

Gotta run... everyone have a great day!!

Haydee... hope to see you on here soon!!

LOL Kat, yeah.. we wouldn't like you anymore because you'd be lacking an important piece of silicone! Thats the only reason we like you :):rolleyes::)

I am worse, I developed a permanent charlie horse across my entire ass. If you twist your arm in a position it wouldnt go in, and leave it.. how it begins to ache, then throb..that's what I am feeling, but there's no way to relieve it. Then when I stand up from sitting, or try to sit, it's the excruciating pain.

I went to chiro first thing this morning, he wanted to talk to my GP about what muscle relaxers or antiinflammitories, etc I can have. But friggin doctors and their voicemail tactics. Heaven forbid anyone answer their phones anymore. My chiro called and did the doctors line and even got a voicemail. They actually returned his call though. So I go in at 2 to see my GP and I dunno what they're going to do or what they think it is. Chiro said he wondered if it's something else.. I think he thinks it could be like a bladder infection or something (he keeps asking if I'm spotting or cramping).. I'm really not, and it is no where near my organs.. it's my tail bone and my butt.. I was in tears this morning, and I told him..I just want to stop hurting.. He wanted to do an xray--but they cant.. so I wonder if they are going to do a catscan, which means theyd have to send me to a hospital..and oh my goodness, i can't take sitting around in a hospital again in pain.. I won't do it!!

Pray for me v's, I am tired of this pain :)