Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Jenn I hope you get positive news TODAY!!!!!

TracyK those highlights sound pretty. I colored my hair darker than I normally do, and really like it. One of the girls at work thinks I need highlights, but I am sort of liking the darker right now.

Well feeling a bit better. Still have a horrendous cough, got some medicine last night, but it took ALL DAY for my Dr.s office to get it right and then Walgreens still wouldn't fill it, so I had to call the exchange. I hate calling the doctor on the regular phone let alone the exchange!!! So I only got in one dose yesterday. I am off to a meeting at City Hall now, I wonder if things will be different due to the tragedy that hit Kirkwood. I hate these meetings, I am the secretary of the taxing district and 8:00 am is early for this hairdresser!!!

Have a nice day and hopefully by the time I post tonight I will be all better, the cough medicine was $81.99 so a complete cure is called for!!

jane

Morning gals

dd still has a horrible headache and her nose hurts so bad, but not broken so it is ok, i had her take some motrin to school with her so she can take them at lunch

You guys will be the first to know about the job. I'm jumping every time my phone rings

Good Morning Violets~

We came home last night after a long day of driving and misc. appts! 330 miles total, plus all the driving on the base...Sus's eyes were shot. It was a great day though, beautiful and I was with my favorite person.

It was 81 here yesterday and they are calling for a repeat! I remember when I was in high school, we would ALWAYS start laying out in Feb. I remember ditching on Valentine's Day (a couple years) and laying out for our dates later that night. Those were the days...now I don't do the sun for long periods of time. Want to keep my skin fresh! hahaha

Well, after being off work for the past 6 days I have to go back. I am excited to see the little charobs, but am scared of what I am walking into. Subs always leave my room a mess...the kids were bad...blahblahblah! I am glad to see the kids!

Have a great day everyone!

Gooooooooood morning, Violets...

Got to sleep in this morning til 8:30 since I don't have Ethan today.

It's 1 degree out and snowing big, fluffy flakes. We're still under a winter storm watch, but now they are saying 2-5 inches of snow instead of 4-6. At least they were right on with the time the snow was supposed to start.

TracyK...TOM??? wazzat?? :wink2::tt2: I gained a pound yesterday and lost it today so still have 1# to go before Thursday. and I'd LOVE to be Macy's teacher!! I could hear alllllllll the things she'd tell me about life at home with Mommy and Daddy..

Pastor's Main Squeeze group meets today for a chili lunch. I was smart and made chili for supper yesterday..what was I thinkin'??:scared2:

Jane...hope your cough gets better. Knock on wood, I haven't had a bad cough since getting banded. When I taught, I'd get a bad cold and cough at least twice during the winter. Just can't avoid it when the little munchkins get close to you with their runny noses.

Jenn.... fingers and toes still crossed that you hear about the job today. Hope your daughter feels ok at school. She should watch the Brady Bunch show when Marcia, Marcia, Marcia gets beaned in the nose with the football.

Boy, am I showing my age or what????

Time to get some Breakfast, do a little elliptical and then jump in the shower. Everyone have a good morning!!

Judy is just lovin' this guy! :scared2::tt2::wink2: I admit...he's appropriate in so many situations! Can't you just see Judy stickin' her tongue out at us? LOL

Tracyk- the plan for your hair sounds really pretty!! It'll be time to post pics again!!

Mom is supposedly being transferred from the hospital to rehab/skilled nursing facility today to get her strength back. i went yesterday to check this place right down the road from my office and arranged to have her moved there...it's like the freakin' Ritz Carlton and I am not kidding! Medicare and her supplemental insurance pay for everything up to 80 days....so why not?? That'll buy us some time to shop around for a place that is a bit more reasonable when we have to go to self-pay. Yikes. This place would be about $6,000/month!!! I don't think sooooooooooo.

Oh yeah...Pam....we start laying out by the pool in mid-late Feb. too! This last weekend it was 77 and sunny. Today is a different story! We're expecting wind, hail and dropping temps to 38 degrees!! (Did you know that Tracy??)

Morning girls~

Long night, spent part of it with my DIL in ER with my grandson, he is so congested. I seriously thought they would admit him, but they said it is everywhere, and didn't admit him. His Mama is sick too. I tried to get them to come here to stay, but she said that she had forgotten to call the propane place, so she is dependent on the woodstove for heat right now, and if she isn't there to build a fire, pipes will freeze. Ok....

I am jealous of Pamela's weather, not so much of Judy's!!! We have had some nice weather the last several days---supposed to change Thursday! Finally melting some of this snow! I still have 3 foot drifts in the front yard! And some areas where the gutter drains off of the roof---we have ice 8 inches thick! Yep jealous of Pamela!

So Rick and our friend Errol (Dad to the girl who was missing in the mountains) are trying to convince me to do a river run this year. It is supposed to be spectacular, with the increased run off. I am leery of Water as it is.....so that is really pushing it. I know EVERYONE wears life vests----but still! Errol runs a rafting business, besides being in the business of building the rafts themselves. He offered us a run from Mexican Hat down through a canyon called the Goosenecks--he said it is the most awesome trip, not lots of whitewater, although enough to keep it interesting (his words), but impressive in scenery. The goosenecks are deep squiggly canyons similar to the Grand Canyon---but with smooth walls in lots of it...we have been there from the top---never down in. I am afraid Rick won't go if I don't, and he really wants to....so I am working up the nerve!

Today I am off to see if I can find a cheerleading dress. My granddaughter is driving us all nuts wanting to be a cheerleader, so that will be her Valentine if I can find one.

I have my appointment to get my referral to the PS on Friday!!

Jenn--today you will find out--how exciting!

Jane feel better!

Terry---any improvement in Mom?

TracyK--Macy glad to go back to daycare?

TracyKS--your boys any better?

Haydee--did you make enough$$$ at the yardsale to give me a loan?

Suzanne---GO TO TX!!!! Not done bugging you about it yet!!!!

Gina--feeling any different today? What did you decide about the Tamiflu?

Denise--how's the Grammy to be doing? What did you buy this week? I have been there----I know!

Judy--enjoy your Chili!

Pamela---enjoy your sun!!:scared2:

Michelle--hope you are having fun!

Laura---hope you are staying warm!

I just got WONDERFUL news!!!!! I am so happy!!! My son just called and he managed to catch a few days off, and got on a standby flight into Denver, and is going to be home in 2 hours--sitting here crying!! I am sooooo glad to have him home again! His wife and baby have been so sick,they have my grandson on a nebulizer since last night. I have been so worried about them all. Not to mention him being gone for a month, it is time to see him. I don't do well when they are gone.

When Manda married Kinseys Dad years ago, they shipped out to Hawaii immediately. We still had Abbey at home---but it was over a year before I got to see Manda again. Everyone was all excited about going to Hawaii, I could have cared less if she was smack dab in the middle of a desert--I just wanted to see my DD!!

Well, I need to go back up finish my personals then I am going to go get dressed to go to the airport---he is going to surprise his wife and son! Just in time for Valentines Day!! Yea!!

Hugs~~

Kat

Good morning! I took the last of my hydrocodone that I had from surgery and that stuff knocked me out last night... and my ear felt better! :scared2:

Just now I got my first sharp pain..... so I may end up going to the doctor..........

2.5 weeks til I'm OFFICIALLY married... LOL! Changing everything to my new name will be a chore!

the scale read 195 for two days in a row.... so hopefully my numbers are getting ready to go down again...... crossing fingers, trying to be a good bandster!

OK, I'm late for the trip but want to make my official intro. I wanna be a shrinkin' violet too! I had lapband on April 20, 2007 and I was in a size 22 at 210 lbs. I'm 5'1". I'm down 54 lbs and 11 lbs from goal and in a size 8. It has been nothing short of a miracle. And best of all, no more insulin!!! My pic is of me reaching a goal of mine. I ran in a beauty pageant and WON!!! I am the 2007 Woman Louisiana Honeybee festival queen and we promote and raise money for St. Jude's hospital. It has done wonders for my self esteem. I still struggle with body image and I need a TT bad. Days I forget I have lapband because I can basically eat anything I want. I still struggle with my sugar addiction too. Glad to have found all of you.

Jeanie

wow tis websie is hard to navigate on webtv.

cant read posts but JENN we had a cancellation for tomorrow so cal me, maybe we can get together in the city tomorrow?

i cant find yu to PM u so if u have the contact list, my number ending in 0228 is where to call. call me so we can see if its feasable.

see you v's on friday, hope you are all bein good. IM NOT :scared2:

Oh yeah...Pam....we start laying out by the pool in mid-late Feb. too! This last weekend it was 77 and sunny. Today is a different story! We're expecting wind, hail and dropping temps to 38 degrees!! (Did you know that Tracy??)

Ugh...yes I heard!! It should be raining where you are now huh? Looks like it may just skirt us....we'll see!

I am the textbook definition of WHITE. Sunburns hurt so I try to stay in the shade...:scared2:

Popping in to say hi!~

Welcome Jeanie...good for you!

I walked into a nasty note from the sub on how bad my kids were...duh...no shit...you agreed to sub for middle school, and YOUR SURPRISED THEY ARE BAD! Who is the idiot. I am sorry, but I missed the little stinkers and now I have to be "mean and grumpy" to them because they were bad. I just wanted to enjoy the day!

The next 2 days we have parent/teacher conferences...should be interesting..

Gotta run!

Afternoon, Violets!

Suzanne.. thanks for the cute Valentine's. Does it break my Lenten promise if I licked the lollipop?? :tt2::tt2:

Yes, Terry, I LOVE that smilie face!

Jeanie...welcome to the Violets thread! You only have about a gazillion posts to catch up on, but believe me it will be entertaining reading! You've done a great job on the weight loss!

Pam..I remember it well. Returning from being gone and lots of notes from the sub along with comments from the Foster Grandma and Aide. I hated to be gone. And lesson plans for Kindergarten are unbelievable. You have to have the routine written down word for word, minute to minute.

Just got back from the PMS luncheon. The chili was good, but not as good as mine. :mad: I only had a cup of it with some shredded cheese and a spoonful of sour cream. There were Cookies for dessert and I passed. Also a little cup with chocolates and a nutmeg. I kept the nutmeg and the chocolates will be for DD when she arrives.

I'm off to clean up my kitchen cause our accountant comes tomorrow to start on our taxes.

Catch ya'all later!!

p.s. Snow has stopped so I guess no cancellations on the stuff I have to do this afternoon and evening.