Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Sorry to change the subject but I want to tell the world I am no longer obese - just overweight

Ingyrob

Congrats on being just over weight - It's a great milestone:thumbup:

Yahoo!!! I can't wait to say the same thing, it'll be awhile though. Just yesterday i announced I was no longer morbidly obese, just obese!!

Long - you will get there - don't worry - it will come :o

I'm curious, when are you overweight, obese and morbid obese? I need to know, so when I get there, I can be uplifted also. lol. I just had my first fill yesterday and oh how good it feels. I got a 2.5 cc fill and can tell the difference but know that I am not where I need to be. I really need to learn to do the old: "chew, chew, chew" better. Thanks for all the information and the support you are giving us. I still cant get the ticker to work for me but have lost 21 lbs since I was banded on May 21, 2008

I'm curious, when are you overweight, obese and morbid obese? I need to know, so when I get there, I can be uplifted also. lol. I just had my first fill yesterday and oh how good it feels. I got a 2.5 cc fill and can tell the difference but know that I am not where I need to be. I really need to learn to do the old: "chew, chew, chew" better. Thanks for all the information and the support you are giving us. I still cant get the ticker to work for me but have lost 21 lbs since I was banded on May 21, 2008

Hi Sunshine and Welcome

Your bmi is what determines what class you fall in - go to a bmi chart (just google bmi) - put in your height & weight and it will give you your bmi - which depending what that number is - determines MO - O - OW - N

Heres a link Calculate your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

That is GREAT! I was so excited when I finally became overweight. My next goal is to have my BMI say normal for once in my life.

Congrats.

SHOOT!!!!!!! I'll be glad when my just says obese! It will be a long time getting here, but I think with all the support we get on this site, I'll be able to do it with God's help and the BAND.

Thanks for all the info and help

Good morning!! Today I officially have less than 100 lbs to lose, 99.9 to be exact!! YAHOO!! no more triple digits to lose. I sure seemed to have started losing when I got to solid foods. Didn't lose a thing for 2 weeks on mushies. Today I meet an online friend that I met here at LBT (Zippykat) for lunch. We had the same surgeon too, so we did meet once face to face in the dr. waiting room, she was getting a fill and I was having my 1st consult.

I went to the gym yesterday to ride a recumbant bike, normally I do 15 to 20 min. well there was a good gossip magazie, US, there and I read it and went for 30. Guess mindless exercise is good, just not mindless eating! LOL

Good morning!! Today I officially have less than 100 lbs to lose, 99.9 to be exact!! YAHOO!! no more triple digits to lose. I sure seemed to have started losing when I got to solid foods. Didn't lose a thing for 2 weeks on mushies. Today I meet an online friend that I met here at LBT (Zippykat) for lunch. We had the same surgeon too, so we did meet once face to face in the dr. waiting room, she was getting a fill and I was having my 1st consult.

I went to the gym yesterday to ride a recumbant bike, normally I do 15 to 20 min. well there was a good gossip magazie, US, there and I read it and went for 30. Guess mindless exercise is good, just not mindless eating! LOL

Congrates Long !!!! Yep those things are big for us - might not be for others but getting to onelander - having less than 100 to lose - Milestones..

Great on the exercise :thumbup:

Yesterday I realized that I have been going to the gym for one solid year - that is a huge NSV - I have never stuck with anything for a year - 2 weeks from today will be my 1 yr anniversary - then in 2 weeks going to Mall of America to met 4 other Lucky #7 Banders... Life is Good :)

I still cant get the ticker to work for me but have lost 21 lbs since I was banded on May 21, 2008

There is a tutorial for the ticker factory site. I can never find it, but Janet knows where it is.

Did you go to TickerFactory.com??

SHOOT!!!!!!! I'll be glad when my just says obese! It will be a long time getting here, but I think with all the support we get on this site, I'll be able to do it with God's help and the BAND.

Thanks for all the info and help

YES, YOU CAN DO IT!!

Good morning!! Today I officially have less than 100 lbs to lose, 99.9 to be exact!! YAHOO!! no more triple digits to lose.

That's GREAT!!

I passed that mark last month, so I know how good it feels!!

Yesterday I realized that I have been going to the gym for one solid year - that is a huge NSV - I have never stuck with anything for a year - 2 weeks from today will be my 1 yr anniversary - then in 2 weeks going to Mall of America to met 4 other Lucky #7 Banders... Life is Good :thumbup:

Congrats on the gym anniversary!!

Here is the link with instruction for the ticker - http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

Sorry I missed that part of your post :lol:

I am a speed reader sometimes :)

There is a tutorial for the ticker factory site. I can never find it, but Janet knows where it is.

Did you go to TickerFactory.com??

Congrats on the gym anniversary!!

I can never remember the name - but it's stupid - it's not where I would look for it - Lbt form see i forgot already suggests feedback and questions I have suggested diff titled thread - but no one listens - I think the site is hard to navigate when you 1st join - but this was the 1st site like this I had ever joined - just I am just a board dummy

Thanks for the Props - going to gym for 1 yrs is a new experience for me .

3 weeks from tomorrow :thumbup: how the head packing going - any room left :biggrin:

Hello Ladies,

As embarrassed as I am about my progress, I am posting because I am going to keep trying. I lost 15 lbs pre-op and 16 post banding mostly from just doing Protein Shakes. Then I started normal foods and stayed under 1400 calories but not much exercising cause I have been recovering from a broken foot from Feb 08. I did go back to work and figured the extra activity would help tho I am still walking with a cane and limp. Had my first fill June 2nd which did not do too much for me-2cc's in a 10cc band but hey, its not suppose to do all the work....But not 1 more lb lost since May 23 (4 weeks post op).

Had a colonoscopy done a few weeks ago and figured maybe that would help me start losing again but no.

I finally weighed myself today on my own and I have gained 8 lbs. I go to the Drs on Mon July 7th for my 2nd fill and I have had serious doubts about going..... Thinking stupid thoughts like, oh well, this is not going to help me either....

BUT, I will go see him, as embarrassed as I will be. I told everyone and their mothers about me doing this so I have gotten quite a bit of "Hey, so how much have you lost now?" Errrrr, oh well... then I explain that the weight loss is not as fast as say gastric bypass.

Really hoping that my 2nd fill will help with some restriction but I know I have to up my activity too which has been very hard to do up till now.

I will continue to work at it and let you know. Thanks for listening.

Yvonne

I would love for my mom to be banded.!!! She is 58

I am only 39. I was banded on 12/26/07. I love my band. It has changed my life in soooo many ways. My mother shares somewhat in my happiness.

My family health history was one of the main reasons for me getting banded . I wasn't diagnosed with diabetes yet, like my mom. I didn't show signs of heart disease yet, like my mom.. I was still able to enjoy my children and I will be able to enjoy the grandchildren I hope to have someday, unlike my mom. All these are things that are affecting my mom now. She has missed out on so much that even I didn't see, because I was right along side her obese every step of the way. She is gaining weight faster now than before my surgery. She said that seeing me go through the changes would give her the encouragement to lose some weight. Instead, we go out to eat or we go to a family picnic and she wants to finish my plate. HELP.! She is only 58 and I want her to be around for a long time. She has the money to pay for it. I am afraid to say anything else to her about it, because I don't want to push her away when I think I could help soo much.

I would love for my mom to be banded.!!! She is 58

I am only 39. I was banded on 12/26/07. I love my band. It has changed my life in soooo many ways. My mother shares somewhat in my happiness.

My family health history was one of the main reasons for me getting banded . I wasn't diagnosed with diabetes yet, like my mom. I didn't show signs of heart disease yet, like my mom.. I was still able to enjoy my children and I will be able to enjoy the grandchildren I hope to have someday, unlike my mom. All these are things that are affecting my mom now. She has missed out on so much that even I didn't see, because I was right along side her obese every step of the way. She is gaining weight faster now than before my surgery. She said that seeing me go through the changes would give her the encouragement to lose some weight. Instead, we go out to eat or we go to a family picnic and she wants to finish my plate. HELP.! She is only 58 and I want her to be around for a long time. She has the money to pay for it. I am afraid to say anything else to her about it, because I don't want to push her away when I think I could help soo much.

I hate to be the negative nelly - but until she is ready there is nothing any of us can do to motivate her. Giving up our best friend food is hard and I had been considering this surgery for a few yrs - no one could have talked me into it. I was one of those pple a few yrs ago who said it was the easy way out - well that being said after much research I know that it isn't after being banded I know it isn't - it's only a tool as you well know..

All you can do is sit down with your Mom and have a heart to heart in a non confrontational way - and prayer that she will wake up from her denial before it's to late.

Tell her you visited the 50+ thread and there are plenty of pple her age who are banded and have lost 100 lbs in less than a year (in my lucky#7 group we have a lady your mom's age who has lost that much weight too)

Just give her loving encouragement to take care of herself...

Best wishes....

Hi All

Has anyone 60 had any PS done?

I will need Tummy Tuck, Breast Reduction, and the works.

I am about 30 LBS from my weight.

Haven't heard any Pro's or Con's for people around 60 ish.

But I do want to have everything done. I am in good health.

Why not? let me know if you have had anything done.

I was banded in Mexico, and will probably look into PS there also?

Love my BAND

I will be gone until Monday. I even bought a bathing suit. That's a big one for me. DD insisted I buy one so I look nice for new BF.

I am still overweight. I would have to lose 5 more lbs to have a normal

BMI. and I don't even care. I am perfectly happy being a size 10-12. My trainer told me I have 5-10 lbs of muscle and I think my legs look really good. They aren't flabby at all. They are full of muscle.

OnMyWay2fit, maybe your mom will see how well you are doing and that will motivate her. Tell her that all of us over here at LBT in our 50's are thrilled with all the weight we have lost and we feel 10 years younger!

I will be gone until Monday. I even bought a bathing suit. That's a big one for me. DD insisted I buy one so I look nice for new BF.

I am still overweight. I would have to lose 5 more lbs to have a normal

BMI. and I don't even care. I am perfectly happy being a size 10-12. My trainer told me I have 5-10 lbs of muscle and I think my legs look really good. They aren't flabby at all. They are full of muscle.

OnMyWay2fit, maybe your mom will see how well you are doing and that will motivate her. Tell her that all of us over here at LBT in our 50's are thrilled with all the weight we have lost and we feel 10 years younger!

Denise

Have a Happy 4th - and when you get back you gotta tell us about the new BF :lol: I want hear all about him...

I have muscle in my legs & arms - but time has taken it's toll on my body - if I just had a tt, arms, boobs, thighs done I would probly lose 5-10 lbs.

Well I look damn good in clothes and long sleeve with a good bra :thumbup: