Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

That's for sure. The band is the best present I have ever bought myself.

Janet, If I came that way, it would be to see you. I really don't speak to that aunt anymore. She started a big fight with me when her son was in re-hab. I went and visited him and she got all angry cause she said it was supposed to be private. I wrote to her and told her he called me and asked me to come and visit.

Anyway, I mentioned her because I have been all through that area

when my husband was alive. His brother lived in 1,000 palms too.

Do you know how many hour's drive it is from Phoenix?

That's for sure. The band is the best present I have ever bought myself.

Janet, If I came that way, it would be to see you. I really don't speak to that aunt anymore. She started a big fight with me when her son was in re-hab. I went and visited him and she got all angry cause she said it was supposed to be private. I wrote to her and told her he called me and asked me to come and visit.

Anyway, I mentioned her because I have been all through that area

when my husband was alive. His brother lived in 1,000 palms too.

Do you know how many hour's drive it is from Phoenix?

Denise

4 hr from here to Phoenix roughly I think...

Family :bolt: I don't have much - both my cousins from my Aunt V are dead -

One cousin in England - the other passed away too - 1 in Canada haven't seen her since she was 3 - and I think one in Banning - but we only sort of know each other - weren't raised with each other - and then I have 2 who are in their 70's who live back east - they are like 18 yrs older than me and I never met them..

Where did you grow up Janet? I guess you are like me. I have no real family here where I am, other than my kids. My dad is in Phoenix and my

brother is in Chicago.

Where did you grow up Janet? I guess you are like me. I have no real family here where I am, other than my kids. My dad is in Phoenix and my

brother is in Chicago.

I grew up here in the Desert - I was borned in Indio :bolt:

I have an older sister who lives in Modesto and my baby Bro who lives in Cat City - 1 Bro who died in 99 - Since my sister is so far away - I see her maybe once a yr - by little bro (he just turned 50 last month) well I don't know how to discribe that relationship - we love each other - but my bro use to do drugs and think he has flash back :eek: So it's not like we have a lot in common - he doesnt have kids - his gf just died..

I just have 1 son who's married and has 2 girls with wife and I have grandson who has a dif mom -he's 17..

I come for the same messed up family as everyone else...

Well it's time for me to go home and then to the gym - will ck back later

Hey Janet, I need that link you always make on how to get a ticker.

I had someone pm me, and I couldn't find where on the board the directions are. I noticed her posting and under her post it has the web site address for ticker factory. I obviously didn't make my directions clear.

I will copy and paste your link and pm it to her. thanks:biggrin:

Hey Janet, I need that link you always make on how to get a ticker.

I had someone pm me, and I couldn't find where on the board the directions are. I noticed her posting and under her post it has the web site address for ticker factory. I obviously didn't make my directions clear.

I will copy and paste your link and pm it to her. thanks:biggrin:

Denise

Here you go http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/ it's under LBT forum suggestion feedback & questions - imho they don't make these things easy for newbie and oldies to find..

Plus they keep moving things around - I liked when edit signature was on the right side under members area - I update my signature almost daily cuz of the exercise ...

Hi,

Glad I found this place and woudl like to join. Had lapband done 08/31/06 and am down 120 pounds. Had Tummy Tuck one week ago and cannot wait until the drains come out. 59 years old this past March 9th. Be well.

Fran

Hi,

Glad I found this place and woudl like to join. Had lapband done 08/31/06 and am down 120 pounds. Had Tummy Tuck one week ago and cannot wait until the drains come out. 59 years old this past March 9th. Be well.

Fran

Hi Fran

No membership required :cursing: Welcome

120 lbs CONGRATS !!! TT congrats - Belated Happy Bday :smile:

PS - I would love to have a body lift - boobs - face - arms - but $$$ is a big factor and so it the pain issues.. My arms are bugging me the most maybe one day I will get brave and see a ps. :blushing:

I just wanted to toot my horn a bit and let everyone know that I'm now feeling much better after having surgery on March 19. As of today, I'm down 10 pounds since surgery, total weightloss including what I lost pre-surgery since the first of the year is 30 lbs. Woohoo!!

I go back to work Monday and seem to be building up my stamina more and more each day. Thanks in part to my daily Vitamins and the fact that I'm getting up and moving more than I was. Anyway, it's just a desk job but I'm glad I've been able to take off this long since surgery, I feel so much better.

Hi,

Fran

Welcome! You might want to spend a few mins in the comestic/plastic surgery area. Lots of banders that just had or are scheduled for procedures.

Did great at my post op visit, down almost another 10 # now at 223.5 yippee!!!!!!!

Going away for the weekend, so packing up my Protein powders... happy traveler..

Be back Sunday, catch up with everyone then

Happy Weekend

Lynn :smile:

Hi, I'm just checking my ticker. lol

It works :lol: - tickers & pbing - signs of newbies - I remember it well - you guys are making me feel like an old timer :cursing:

I just wanted to toot my horn a bit and let everyone know that I'm now feeling much better after having surgery on March 19. As of today, I'm down 10 pounds since surgery, total weightloss including what I lost pre-surgery since the first of the year is 30 lbs. Woohoo!!

I go back to work Monday and seem to be building up my stamina more and more each day. Thanks in part to my daily Vitamins and the fact that I'm getting up and moving more than I was. Anyway, it's just a desk job but I'm glad I've been able to take off this long since surgery, I feel so much better.

Congrats on the 30 lbs - this is just the begining - you will be surprised at how the weight does come off with the proper food choices & exercise.. Glad you are feeling better. I guess I must have healed exceptionally well - I was back to work on day 6

Did great at my post op visit, down almost another 10 # now at 223.5 yippee!!!!!!!

Going away for the weekend, so packing up my Protein powders... happy traveler..

Be back Sunday, catch up with everyone then

Happy Weekend

Lynn :lol:

Lynn - Congrats on the additional 10 - like I said above - you will be surprise at how the weight does come off with the help of our tool.

Have a great weekend...

I was told by three surgeons that there is always a large scar that runs down the area where the arms are "done" Also, I am glad I did the TT but am scared about any more surgery. I would love my thighs done, but need some time to recuperate from this. Be well and good luck.

Fran

Teri & Lynn, you guys are doing great! Congratulations on your surgery & recovery. I'm 12 weeks out & this process is so amazing. I learn something new everyday either about myself, the band or something that's changing. Today I realized my boobs are almost gone...that's not good! :cursing: But it is so exciting & I'm so happy I made this decision. I started out saying "I have hope now" to "I'm doing it, I know I can do it & my band & new healthier choices are doing to help me keep it off".

It's an exciting time. Best wishes to you both.

Carol