Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Where are all our 50's friends hanging out?

I haven't been able to be here much lately, but I always looked forward to seeing posts in the original 50's thread in my mailbox. I was puzzled that I wasn't getting them anymore and I just discovered that the thread was locked!

Does anyone know why this happened?

The original 50's thread got locked because it was too long.

Alex started a new 50's thread for us.

Denise

How sweet - a grandma baby shower - how thoughtful - I would never have thought of that - that's really cool..

You gotta enjoy life - so don't sweat the small stuff - you will get to goal..

Janet, I was very touched and so surprised. I just want all these celebrations to stop interfering with my dieting. Things should settle down for awhile. I hope so. I am tired of losing these same last few lbs over and over.

seems a great time to start the thread anew. I got banded on 3/19, feeling pretty good, just a bit of incision discomfort and some gas, but overall feeling good.

I just want to say that the threads have been so helpful to me and I know to others. I hope this one continues flourish.

Get back to everyone later

Lynn :wub:

Hi everyone, I'm officially a March bandster now and want to be a part of the 50's group. I was just banded on 3/19 and am now Day 5 post-op. I'm feeling pretty good for the most part and I'm starting to get a little bit hungry, at least I was able to start creamy Soups, yogurt and V-8 juice yesterday so that's helping a bit. Now I'm looking forward to this coming Wednesday, when I can add refried Beans (planning a trip to Taco Bell already, lol) Anyway, being able to add some "real food" tuna, deli turkey, etc. will be my next treat that I'm looking forward to.

Welcome Lynn! this is a pretty active thread and we are very supportive of each other.

Glad to have you here!

I have just found out that I have throat cancer. This is why I haven't been posting much.

Hey Green...

I wasn't sure if you were going to post this or not. I'm glad you did.

Maybe you could cross post to your other group of friends on R&R?

(((HUGS))))

Welcome March Banders Lynn & Thin2bme

Creamed Soups & Soup mashed potatoes were life savers for me.

I was back to work day 6 and the only discomfort was my port site - that last for a few weeks - but as each day passes you will feel stronger..

I can tell you one thing - Holiday's are no longer all about the food.< /p>

My DIL is coming over and we are going to cook and swim (maybe) but all she talks about is how much food - ham - potatoes - aspargess (sp)- rolls - salad - dessert - OMW I can't eat that much food - Holidays really aren't all about the food like it use to be. Why bother I can't eat much - so too me who really cares.. I guess I have changed the way I look at food - sweets is another story - but I just steer clear of them..

Well they are here - gotta go.. TTYL

you know what gets me through the sweets craving? I have caramel vivactin for my Calcium, and of course sf popsicles and Jello.< /span>

starting all liquids tomorrow, today I have been a bit hungry, but made it through.

Figure the addition of a few more substantial Protein Drinks will help

you know what gets me through the sweets craving? I have caramel vivactin for my Calcium, and of course sf popsicles and Jello.< /span>

starting all liquids tomorrow, today I have been a bit hungry, but made it through.

Figure the addition of a few more substantial Protein drinks will help

I ate healthy request sf fudgecicles - sf choc pudding - on the calicum - I have to have calicum cirate (sp) as it is asborsed better than regular calcium..

Hello Nifty fifties!

I was banded on March 3rd and feel great. This has been the best thing i've done in years. For the first time in my life i feel like i have control and some help with this stupid weight problem.

I get my first fill on April 3rd but have some restriction now. I am eating like i have restriction anyway. I forget to not drink while i'm eating and the food gets stuck a bit. I'm guessing restriction will be a bit like that.

Just getting going on some serious exercise- I feel good enough to do it now. I was walking after surgery but it wasn't enough to keep the weight coming off- I need to sweat! I actually like to exercise and have all my life. I am living proof that exercise will not make you thin.:biggrin2:

Best to all

Sadie

Hello Nifty fifties!

I was banded on March 3rd and feel great. This has been the best thing i've done in years. For the first time in my life i feel like i have control and some help with this stupid weight problem.

I get my first fill on April 3rd but have some restriction now. I am eating like i have restriction anyway. I forget to not drink while i'm eating and the food gets stuck a bit. I'm guessing restriction will be a bit like that.

Just getting going on some serious exercise- I feel good enough to do it now. I was walking after surgery but it wasn't enough to keep the weight coming off- I need to sweat! I actually like to exercise and have all my life. I am living proof that exercise will not make you thin.:biggrin2:

Best to all

Sadie

Sadie

You have me cracking up :wub::lol:

I was a total slug bug before surgery - never really cared for exercise - still don't love it - can't say I am a gym rat - but I do go 3 -4 days a week now and got a trainer a couple of weeks ago..

I had restriction for most of the 6 weeks prior to my 1st fill - there are some who have restriction with the band in place and no fills - there is a lady at my doc office who didn't have a fill for 6 months.

The best way to not drink while you eat is not to have your drink with you at the table - It really wasn't that hard to quit - but it does take some practice

Like when I go out to eat - I don't order tea or anything - cuz I know I cant drink with meals or afterwards .. So I do save a couple of bucks besides taking half the food home for another meal:biggrin:

6 days post op and am more tired today than any other!

Started the full liquids and the gas has hit me, thank heavens for Gas-X strips.

Feel like taking another nap, why am i so tired today? :wub:

6 days post op and am more tired today than any other!

Started the full liquids and the gas has hit me, thank heavens for Gas-X strips.

Feel like taking another nap, why am i so tired today? :sad:

Are you getting your Protein - are you on vitimans yet?? are you drinking Water - hows your blood pressure

Heck you just might be tired :) I know I could take a nap about right now.