Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eating when working nights

hi everyone i was banded jan 17 i startred solids last week i work nights 7p to 7a having hard time arrange food and how to eat 3 meals any suggestions also getting into eating my 70gms of Protein a day also any one know a supplement that boost premenapausal slow metaboiisum up thanks julie

Have you tried pming Greg? He works nights and could probably give you some good ideas. What type of work do you do? Do you get a regular lunch break? Are you able to take something with you and "heat it up" for lunch? Or do you need to bring something like a tuna salad? Hard Proteins (lean, moist meats) and veggies should give you ample proteins. How about a Protein (premixed or powder) drink for Breakfast? Exercise is about the best thing to get your metabolism going...anything that you enjoy and do consistently.

marie i am a nurse i am able to heat food up i am bringing weight watchers and lean cusine meals in i am using the treadmill 2o min a day for start uo will be increasing to 30 hopefully in a few weeks thanks for the advice everyone

Julie, that helps because you can bring "leftovers" from another meal to eat. The frozen dinners are great, but watch the sodium content on them. Have you thought about wearing a pedometer? I bet you do a lot of walking on your shift. That counts as exercise.

i should calculete my walking i sure do run around alot at night sometime s i work with the babies i just want this to work so i am extra concern about everything i keep telling myself this is a slow weight loss method that is better for ya i think i need my first fill i feel hungry more and more less time i see the dr on fri

Julie, I am also a 7p-7a nurse. I take lean dinners, Soups, and the new flavored tuna's to work with me, the starkist herb and garlic is my favorite. I'm normally not a tuna eater, but this stuff is pretty good. It's low in fat, high in Protein and I eat it right out of the pouch. Some of the girls at work are now eating it too, they like it with crackers, but I can't eat those, they stick after a couple. Beef Jerky is good, though high in salt.

I have a pedometer that I use at work from time to time. In my 12+ hour shift I log between 6000 and 8000 steps. On extra busy nights it can be more. The trouble I have at work is finding decent things to eat from take out, because my girls are always ordering in and there aren't many choices at 2am when we finally get a chance to start breaks....

If I only I could always just say NO! Instead I give in, buy something I hope is close to healthy and edible, eat a fourth of it, then toss the rest out while thinking what a waste of money...

hi pam i know what you mean about ordering food at nights my coworkers are always running out during the wee hours to the 24 hr dinner it is hard i try to advoid i have to go try that tuna thanks also running the long hallways is a lot of walking esp when you have rooms on either side of the hallway and you have very needy people calling all the time lol

I received a gift calendar, and it has a daily anecdote. My favorite is the lord's prayer for nurses. Lord please grant me the patience to lovingly care for my demanding patients, because lord if I pray for strength, I'll beat some of them to death!