Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 34 and in outside of Houston, Texas. I was banded December 2007.

Hi everyone :wink: I'm 35 ~ married (2nd time) 3 kids (10 and 5 year old boys and 2 year old daughter), 1 english bulldog, and 1 cat. I live in Alpena, Michigan and was banded on June 19th, 2007 in Ypsilanti, MI. I just transferred over to Traverse City because my surgeon moved and I wanted to stay under his care. So far I'm down 65 pounds, but things have really slowed down and I'm getting frustrated. My DH was not supportive of my decision to be banded, but I did it anyways. In fact ~ he could use a band! (He doesn't think he needs to lose weight :welldoneclap:).

Hey ya'll! I'm 32 and married (2nd marriage for me and thank GOD for him!) and from Abraham Lincoln's birthplace, Hodgenville, Kentucky.

We do not have children, but look forward to having them in the future. We do have two adorable, precious and precocious feline children inside with us... and another 8 'barn' cats outside! That's what we get for living on a big farm, I guess! People just randomly drop off animals!

I was banded on December 13, 2007 and have lost around 50 lbs from my initial meeting (June) until now. I lost approximately 25lbs in the first month!! I'm SO glad I did this!!

Wow, guys, you are all inspiring. I"m so totally ready to do the same. Jovi, you look awesome,even look younger. Maybe I'll be able to pass for 25 :welldoneclap:

Hello, I am a 30 year old from east Texas (Tyler) about 100 miles from Dallas. I am scheduled to get banded March 7 and I am so nervous. I have a wonderful husband of 10 years. Three girls age 9, 4 and 2. My girls have always known their mother to be fat. In fact while I was pregnant with my last child, a friend of my oldest child asked me, "Will you still be fat after you have the baby?" OMG! I was sooo embarrased but more embarrased for my daughter. I want to be a good role model for my children. At first I thought that my level of education constituted being a good role model for my girls, but as I get older, and and see my two ailing parents, in part because of health reasons, I know that I need to be a HEALTHY role model for my girls. I want to make them proud and I don't want them to get older and be ashamed or embarassed by my weight. Wow!! I know this was long, but thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Hey RoseCity Girl,

You are welcome and you will find that most people on the site will be able to relate to your story. Glad you posted,

Jen

hey greeneyez am nervous too am having mine done this monday the 21st the closer i get to it the my the butterflies start bothering me i wish u lots of luck keep in touch

I am Jan. 22 nd. I am nervous too. Every day it is different. I am either scared or so excited. I just want to be out of limbo and start working on my weight loss. I want to go to the gym and stert seeig results. I just know that under all this fat I have muscle.

I'm 32 and was banded on 12/19/07. I had no previous health problems and healed very quickly. I will have my first fill on 1/29. I am looking forward to it because I really don't have restriction right now. I don't think I'm getting in enough Protein. I need to try harder with that.

Hi I live in Atlanta also. Had my surgery at Crawford Long Dr. Edward Lin. I have been banded since 9/4/2007

Hi All I Am Laura From Ireland I Was Banded On June 25 And So Far I Have Lost 45 Pound 25 To Go,yes I Am Married And I Have 4 Children

Good Luck To Everybody Talk Later

Hi Everyone,

I'm Anngie, I live in Alberta Canada. I am 35, married 11 yrs, 2 boys 10 and 16. Also a Shitzu and a Chihuahua. After lots of research I decide yesterday, I am definately getting Banded. ( Dr. Ortiz in Mexico :happy:) Glad to meet so many people my age going through the same challenges and supporting one another. Although I am self centered enough that looking good is a huge motivation for me, Feeling good is a bigger motivator. I have PCOS, 3 of my aunts have/had PCOS and all have diabetes or heart problems caused by the excess weight. I'm aready on inhailers and have insulin resistance and the buck stops here. :clap2:Time to get healthy. Peace, happiness and "WILLPOWER" to everyone.

My name is Tawnya, I am 30 years old no husband or kids, just a very active and cute Jack Russell!!! I am in the research stage of lap band. I am set on getting it I'm just researching doctors in MX because I am self pay. Apparently I'm not fat enough for my insurance!!

I live in the bay area ca, there are lots of great doctors out here just expensive. I have been up and down my whole adult life. I am at my highest now which is 230. my goal is 150. although I have never been that thin, I can't wait to see what I look like. Nice to meet everyone!!

Hi Tawnya, I am also self pay. Its not really covered in Canada. I've decided to go with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. Apparently he doesn't have the greatest bedside manner, But he's a master at what he does. Its going to cost me half of what it would have in Canada. The biggest thing is to make sure you have a fill Dr. or clinic that will take out of country patients. Good luck.

I was excited but nervous. Then, at 2am following my surgery, I was wondering what the hell I had done to myself and that it is forever. Luckily, that has passed for now and see it as a positive. Tomorrow will be better.

Jen