Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Say No To Carbs 2 Day Challenge...come Join Me

The scales will move. I tend to have periods that I lose well, and then nothing for awhile. Then the scales drop again. I am glad you are still low carbing it too. I am going to as long as I can stand it. I will add back some carbs, but not yet.

Hang in there. The scales will drop.

Yea, the scale would move if I had more willpower. I hate that there is so much junk food at my job. I had a handful of chocolate covered raisins today.

For the same reason I had ice cream and a Protein Drink for dinner. Sometimes the sugar devil has so much power!

Well, today is a new day. No carbs for either of us. WE CAN DO THIS!! We have both done it before, and done it well. Here's to a great day!!

Are we all that are left to low carbing? It's really the only way I can lose. I just have to get into that head space that they are EVIL!

I think we are it. I have done pretty well the last couple of days. Last night I went to a friends for supper and had a few "bad" carbs, but other than that I have done ok. I lose best this way as well.

I am with you on the low carb way of life. I have been doing well for 6 weeks untill my last night at work. It was like a free-for-all. I really don't know what happened, but I am back on the wagon today. Work has so much crap there it's so hard. At home we don't buy crap so we can't have a weak moment.

I was banded on Oct 17/07

Highest weight 304.4

Surgery weight 285

2 fills

Current weight 220

go low carb!

cc

ccm you are doing great!! Way to go!!

Guys, since this thread is a 2 day challenge do you guys think I should start a low carb support thread for those of us who plan to make this a way of life??? I plan to eventually start eatnig good carbs as well, but I think I will always do low carb. What do ya think??

A thread for a carb way of life sounds great. I too want to be able to re-introduce the good carbs back into my life but, not until I have lost some more weight. I suffer with PCOS and my body has an intolarance for carbs so I have come to accept that low carb has to be a way of life for myself. Good carbs can be a treat once in a while but for me even the good ones send some signal to my brain that says "eat everything in sight please". Low carbing and the band are a great combo. Now if I could just get off my duff and incorperate some exercise into my life things would happen faster.

cc

I too have PCOS. My cycles have returned. The facial hair has decreased. I am hoping that the insulin resistance will resolve as well. I have always done best on low carb, and will probably always need to eat Protein first, carbs last. I am kinda scared to add carbs right now. Like you said, in the past, when I added carbs I started pigging out. I hope to add them back slowly soon, but we will see!

Well, the last couple days sucked big time. I have been working so hard physically building a retaining wall, moving wheel barrows full of rocks and sand for two days. Had 2 tacos for lunch two bites of a stale danish, and a bowl of frosted flakes. Now I'm up 3lbs. All that physical work didn't seem to count for anything. You'd think since I can hardly move my arms and legs today it would count for something in this universe. Today is a new day and I will promise to start again to the low carb way of life.

cc

I never started that thread did I??? Oops. I will hopefully today. Hang in there. Your scales will drop. Mine have been the same for the past several days. I am waiting for another drop. It will come.

Way to go! I am not talking to my scale for a few days.(I'm being good, scale is being bad) I'd like it to be a week but I don't think it is possible for me to go that long. A few days will teach it a lesson on how to give me good news. Then we will continue with our love hate relationship. Keep up the good work!

cc