Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSV's

This is a NSV about the scales. :) This morning DH weighed 183.8 and I weighed 183.0. WOOHOO!!!!! I haven't weighed less than him in about 16 years. Man that feels good. He is 5 inches taller than me, but we are not counting that. :)

This is a NSV about the scales. :drool: This morning DH weighed 183.8 and I weighed 183.0. WOOHOO!!!!! I haven't weighed less than him in about 16 years. Man that feels good. He is 5 inches taller than me, but we are not counting that. :confused_smile:

WTG Renewed! What an accomplishment! I have about 10 pounds to go and I'll weigh less than my DH. I can't wait, lol!

Some of my NSV's:

1. I can fit into smaller clothes; down from size 2X to 16 (XL) Walmart and kmart not designer sizes as someone else said...
  2. My face is much thinner. Some people no longer recognize me. That's always fun. :eek:
  3. Smaller bra size. yippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  4. I can walk til the cows come home. No problem.
  5. I can climb stairs without any difficulty. No resting or break required.
  6. I don't feel like I'm sitting on my steering wheel anymore... :lol:
  7. I can cross my legs comforably :) a biggie for me! :(
  8. I love good healthy food and crave it not the fatty stuff... but fresh fruits and vegetables and enjoy them! :)
  9. Wayyyyyy more energy. I can walk in the morning, swim in the afternoon and walk on the beach in the evening. With energy to sit here at 11PM still going...
  10. If a wave knocks me over at the beach I can get up. :unsure:

My latest and maybe greatest, heck they're all great! Is that I can fit the GAP! Its been a dream my whole life to buy clothes there and now I can. Im fitting size 18 and 20 bottoms and XXL dresses. At old navy I tried on and fit an XL dress. I can barely fathom! My 1 year anniversary goal is a sz16 bottom that way I can actually by pants/jeans there. Gap talls start at 16; I need that extra 2 inches. The best part is that I am really on my way!

OH YEAH! I am too small for some of my favorite plus size catalogs.

I just love this thread - great work everybody!

My newest NSV's:

Went to the local amusement park - and FIT on the pirate ship ride!! Last August (pre-band), when I went to go on the Starblaster, I couldn't buckle the restraint and had to get off :thumbs_up:... my daughter (who was 9 then) said, "don't worry mommy, next year you'll be able to fit". :biggrin: Needless to say, when the bar on the pirate ship closed I yelled out the biggest YAHOO!!! with my arms in the air... It was priceless - everyone was looking at the strange wierdo who was screaming like the ride had already started - and it hadn't moved yet... I was so happy I almost cried.

Went down a band size on my bra.

Had a yard sale and got rid of shirts that were 26/28, and pants that were 24's. Currently buying 18's in shirts/pants - even got a size 16 :tt1: pair of shorts!!!!!!!!!

Neighbors are starting to notice as I am outside gardening - they haven't seen me all winter (live in the northeast) and they can't believe how much smaller I am since last summer.

I'm starting to feel sexy again. :wub:

I no longer feel like the "heaviest person in the room".

No more blood pressure meds (for a few months now) and @ last visit, bp was 112/65~~~ :eek:

My daughter is proud of me -

Brenda

renewed - saw you recent photo updates ; you look great, congrats on 15lbs in a month!

great nsv - my oldest brother. he was scheduled in FL to have the lapband 2 times in the last 4 months and each time cancelled. he's a big wimp...LOL

well he was in town 3wks ago and hadn't seen me since i was 200lbs - his surgery is 7.11 & won't be cancelling this time around. he was beyond impressed w/the results & that of my husband (also banded). he's a great guy, needs to drop 100lbs to fight some comorbids and be around for his 5 kids.

sometimes these NSV's are more impacting that the scale!!

Thanks luluc. That is an awesome story about your brother. I'm sure there is nothing like knowing that he is fixing to add to his life and you were a part of that!! You are right, there are victories much bigger than the scales!!

renewed - saw you recent photo updates ; you look great, congrats on 15lbs in a month!

great nsv - my oldest brother. he was scheduled in FL to have the lapband 2 times in the last 4 months and each time cancelled. he's a big wimp...LOL

well he was in town 3wks ago and hadn't seen me since i was 200lbs - his surgery is 7.11 & won't be cancelling this time around. he was beyond impressed w/the results & that of my husband (also banded). he's a great guy, needs to drop 100lbs to fight some comorbids and be around for his 5 kids.

sometimes these NSV's are more impacting that the scale!!

This is a great story! One of the best NSV's is being an inspiration to others.

:wink_smile: