Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello.....pregnant And Scared Please Help!!!!!!!!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post673460 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e9e9e9 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e9e9e9 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e9e9e9 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e9e9e9 0px solid" width=175>

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_673460 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e9e9e9 1px solid"><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Pregnant And Scared, Please Help!!!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR style="COLOR: #e9e9e9" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hello y'all

Ok so it's a new year and I just found out this afternoon that i'm pregnant. I think the 10 preg test that I took confirm it. Seeing as how it's friday both my OBGYN and my lapband doc office's were closed. I'm stressing out when I should be happy. I'm scared for 2 reason's. The first is that my first child who is now 2 yrs old was born 3 months early and was in the hospital for 4 months and almost didn't make it. I of course think this will happen again. Seeing as how my doc told me that pregnancy was next to impossible after my first child I never thought this would or could happen. The second reason i'm freaking out is bc of my band. I will be 1 yr post op on Jan 24th and have lost 90 lbs I've worked so hard to loose this weight and now I feel like i'm just going to gain it all back. I realize some people might see this as being very selfish but, this is a concern of mine. I've been "fat" all my life and DO NOT want to be fat ever again. I also wonder how many people out there have ben pregnant w/ the band and what their pregnancy was like. I'm looking for any advice I can get so please help. I hope to hear from some people who have been pregnant, know some one or are curretly expecting to help calm my nerves. PLEASE HELP!!!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi Ryan! First, congratulations!

I can see why you'd be very concerned right now. Both are very legitimate reasons for feeling uneasy. I can tell you that MANY women have the band and have had babies and dropped their pregnancy weight after, with the help of the band. I'm sure they'll give you a complete unfill. Even so, without a fill, the band can help to keep you from over indulging...well at least WAY over indulging.

Remember, gaining weight is part of pregnancy. 20-30 pounds is perfectly acceptable for a woman of healthy weight (15-20 for an over weight woman). I know "the baby only weighs '7' pounds"...but you have to add the amniotic Fluid, placenta, extra Water retention, etc...I'm sure the thought of gaining weight back is VERY scary...we've all probably yo-yo'd most of our lives and can't seem to wrap our minds around the band being a permanent aide. Try to relax about the weight. make healthy choices, continue to exercise as the doctor recommends...get plenty of rest and ENJOY!

Now, I don't know what complications you had with your first child. I do know that if you were obese when pregnant, that in and of itself can pose issues. You're healthier now. Hopefully this will contribute to a healthier pregnancy.

Hang in there...tomorrow is Monday and you can talk to your doctors and come up with a good care plan :(

Best wishes!

Ryan...

I, too had my first child 3 months early. And my second child was born healthy and only 3 weeks early--which is still in the realm of "normal".

Get the information from your LapBand doctor about how the band works with pregnancy--in my preparations they did a whole section of information about this--DON'T let it cause you this much grief.

Talk to your OB--if you don't already KNOW, find out WHY your first child came early. They should be able to put your mind at ease about your new child and hopefully take steps to provide for a safe and full-term pregnancy. I'm curious, if you are wiling/able to share, how is your firstborn's health now?

REJOICE--while you're creating this new life of your child, you'll also be reclaiming your own life.

I am SO excited for you--:(