Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Exercise Challenge

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

I thought I would start a January exercise challenge thread, until Band Chick is able to put a new one up.

Have a wonderful and healthy January!

Banane41.gifCrazy Ates January Exercise ChallengeBanane49.gif

0/20 Days of Exercise

Mexico

Well I tell you...This signature editor is PICKY! It took me about 10 minutes to fit into all the specifications. So I had to get rid of all the neat little features and go to something boring. Well I am uping the ante on exercise this month. I am going for 35 exercise sessions. So some days I will get in two workouts per day. These will obviously be on the days that I don't work. I got my first one in yesterday and as soon as I can get the laundry into the washer (someone is hogging them) I will do my 1st for today.

Good luck to all of you who join, and for those of you who haven't joined so far, you really should. This is a great group and even 5 days of exercise is better than nothing.

Hi Salsa,

I like your idea of counting exercise "sessions" as opposed to days. So I think I will change mine as well. This month I will be completely overhauling my fitness regime. In addition to the cardio, I will be doing weight training and yoga for strength, stability and flexibility. Obviously I will not be doing all these things at once, so it makes sense to count sessions as opposed to days.

0/30 Sessions of Exercise

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Ahhh.......

My first full day back in the sunshine and warmth -- my frozen bones needed that!

The indoor machines have kept me in good shape for the past two weeks -- my outdoor workout with "real" hills was not the challenge that I thought it would be.

1/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Thanks for starting a January challenge

I am going to add some more gym work to mine for this month and see what happens. The nice thing about the boat that i work on is we have a decent gym, exercise bike and my old treadmill there, so I can keep it going even when at work.

200 sit ups, 60 pushups and some other weights. I am pooped and going to bed. Talk to you all in the morning.

Goodness Salsa -- you are not only exercising, you are turning into a regular jock!

What next? Super Bowl Sunday? :D;):woot:

My workout this morning was considerably less ambitious, but still a good workout nonetheless.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

2/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Another one done, all in the gym this morning. Upper body torture...LOL

Salsa and Frangipani, Way to start the New Year. :clap2: :clap2::clap2:

I've decided to really up the ante on the exercising. I only have 35 pounds left to lose but my belly is still not even CLOSE to where I want it to be. So I figured the only way to change that is to up the exercise. My body is really sore this morning, but I will make it work in a little while. Right now I am going to try to exercise my negotiating skills and try to refinance my surgery. Right now I am paying 667$ per month and 24% interest. That is a huge interest rate on a now 16000 bill!

Well the pocketbook exercise didn't seem to be very fruitful but I did get in another workout. Despite the sore legs, arms, belly, back and any other body part that is so sore that it is numb, I am getting better at the workouts! I got through the whole thing today. I just need to go get lighter weights. The ones I have are 10 pounds each. They work fine when I am just lifting weights and not using them in cardio! So I am going to get some 5 pounders. I think that will be better so that I can go the whole distance without dropping the weights.

Okay, I have finally started walking for some exercise.

Not that I wasn't walking before - but now it is a concerted effort.

My question for you exercisers is this:

How long after surgery did you wait before you started exercising your abdominals?

Any help would be appreciated.

C.N.

I waited 3 months, but I was overly cautious. I would ask your doctor! Congratulations on making the choice to exercise. Feel free to post here anytime. This is a very motivating group.

Well, I'm in once again! Going for 18 this month. I start in Pilates classes on Sunday which gives me 4 additonal sessions! I finally figured out how to update my ticker and to put the exercie challenge in without typing every time. (Although I couldn't get the cute graphics in) Good luck all!

Val

Boy, I am behind already!! I will take 20 for January. I made 16 in December and was happy so now I need to HIT AND/OR EXCEED my goals!