Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Exercise Challenge

If you are wanting to do something for your abs, I recommend pilates. It doesn't seem as stressful as crunches but it is very effective. I am enjoying the class and maybe its me but it seems my stomach is getting more tone and definition as a result. I didn't change my ticker, but 2 more workouts down.

Val

Val -- good idea, and thanks for the suggestion :tt1:!

I am definitely switching over to pilates and yoga moves for abs. In fact, I just returned from a yoga class at the gym and the ab exercises did not aggravate my port area at all.

I got two more workouts in today, my usual one hour of cardio this morning, and a one hour yoga class at the gym this evening.

Have a great night everyone!

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

17/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

I really like this new look. Anyways I have to share my fabulous news. After being down about the fact that I couldn't see/feel a difference after losing weight, I finally found something. I joined a gym today and it seriously is the best thing I have ever done for myself, besides the band. I did 2 miles on the treadmill, BUT I RAN 1.25 OF THOSE MILES! Now it wasn't all continuous, but I did run .5 straight. Then I did another 1 mile on the eliptical. So here are my HUGE NSV's.

1. I ran .5 miles straight for the FIRST time in my life.:)

2. I wasn't the fatest girl at the gym:thumbup:

3. I didn't feel like I was dying 10 minutes into my workout.clap.gif

4. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TOMORROW:Dancing_biggrin:

Well after an hour at the gym I need to go get some work done.

It is so exciting to read about everyone's exercise progress. Ya'll are trying new things and working so hard. I've said it before, but I just must say it again; this groups dedication is incredibly impressive and motivating to me. I've abused my body with food and neglected to adequately exercise it for so long that I find it almost shocking that it is cooperating so well with my weight loss and exercise efforts. As a result (and with all this encouragement), I'm feeling stronger and more confident that I can workout more intensely too.

As for my exercise, I bought a treadmill! You know I've been reluctant to invest in exercise equipment because of my many past failures. Well, I decided that things are different now. I'm not just exercising to go with the latest diet I'm on. I'm making a lifelong commitment to lose this weight and stay fit. I'm going to keep moving this time. So, as a vote of confidence in myself, I bought a nice treadmill. I did my first workout on it today and I think I'm going to love it. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Crazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge

11/20 days of exercise

Becky,

Congrats on the new treadmill! You sound very excited -- good for you!!!

I am glad that you are feeling motivated -- I feel that same way. This is a great group to be a part of!!!

I went hiking for two hours back to my new favorite beach again today. I got caught in a tropical downpour and returned home completely drenched, but it was still a lot of fun!

Have a great night everyone!

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

18/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're having a great Sunday!!!

Went out hiking for three hours today -- I had a really great time again.

I am really getting mad about the scale though -- even with all of this working out, the scale has not moved in 9 days :biggrin:.

I am at my first plateau since I got my band, and I don't like this at all :)!

19/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Don't let the plateau get you down! It's just your body adjusting and they are usually followed by some losing if you keep on doing what you are supposed to do. At least that's what I keep telling myself!:)

Another pilates and aerobics session down!

I feel great, don't you?!

Frangi, I'm sure you are replacing fat with muscle, thus the stalled scale. As much as you are exercising that has to be the case. The scale will start moving again soon, but in the mean time, how are your clothes fitting? I bet you are losing inches and reshaping your body. A three hour hike today and two hours yesterday. Wow! Your endurance is getting awesome. You'll be reporting a good loss very soon.

Valstar, I'm so glad you are feeling great. I am too and it is wonderful. I saw your picture and you look great too. Keep doing what you're doing.

I had an intense treadmill workout today. Love it!

12/20 days of exercise

Hi Val and Becky,

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I am so glad that I found this board and you awesome "Crazy Ates," as I can always count on this wonderful group to keep me motivated and positive!!!

Val, it really does feel great!!!

Becky, thanks to your advice I just tried on a pair of slacks that I have been using as a benchmark lately and yes, they are looser. Thank you for reminding me to do this -- it made me feel much better.

Thanks for nice compliment about my endurance -- it is starting to build up again for sure. Up until a few years ago when my weight got really out of control, I was an avid hiker and I have spent countless hours on trails in various remote places on this planet. A typical hike for me would be anywhere from 6 to 8 hours, and would usually involve steep hills and/or mountains.

My point in mentioning this is to say that I am sure my body has a certain amount of residual conditioning from all of my many years of being out on the trails. I would therefore definitely recommend a slower and more gradual start for anyone who has never hiked on a regular basis.

19/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Wow - you're all doing great! I did get in to the gym twice over the weekend but was inside the rest of the time except trips to the dog park. Saturday we did manage two laps of the dog park trail, but with the cold, I was cutting things short for myself and the pup.

Would you believe it was -16 Saturday morning?!?!?! Sunday was -5 and felt amazingly warm in comparison. 5 above this morning was a heat wave (after all, it's a 20 degree difference).

PLEASE let me get a job offer in California SOON!

Frangi, I'm stalled too (about 3 weeks now) - maybe our bodies have been talking and posing a protest!

I'm scheduled for a fill today so I'll probably take it easy at the gym and belly dance class tonight (definitely no abs tonight). I did do a big set of crunches and other ab moves last night though.

Keep up the great work everyone! You're inspiring me!

So I didn't get in any exercise this weekend:frown:, as I was away getting a little unfill. I think I will be so much happier now that I can eat real food! However, I talked to my doc about situps and port pain/issues. He said for most people it won't cause a problem, but for some it can cause excess scar tissue, which is what has happened to me. My fill was kind of painful today because the needle kept slipping off the port because the scar tissue was in the way. So, I guess my suggestion is that if you are ever having port pain because of sit ups that you just stop doing them. He told me that I was not allowed to do them anymore, so I won't. But I just wanted to share the info that I was getting. You all are doing splendid as normal. I will be back to my two sessions a day starting tomorrow.

Good Morning All!

I got my cardio in this morning and for the first time in days I didn't get rained on. That was nice.....

Have a great day everyone!

20/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

I got 1 session in on Monday night (I was at the gym way too late!) and 2 more sessions in yesterday, and then 1 more in this morning. I have been going to the gym in the morning before work and then again after work. My workout in the afternoon is significantly harder than the morning workout, but I am finding that walking in the mornings gives me more energy throughout the day. Everybody is doing phenomonally well.

Good evening everyone!

Two workouts today, my usual one hour of cardio in the morning and then one hour of weight training (legs/lower body) this evening.

Have a great night!

22/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png