Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI'ers--2008!!!

Well I have a leak in my port. I'm upset. I have been working so hard on this scar and I hate hate hate the thought of it being opened up again. I don't know if I can continue to lose wt. Not losing much now. I feel blue.

Oh what a bummer. I'm so sorry you have a leak.

I think the weight loss is really slow for us lower BMI'ers. I had surgery Mid Dec and I'm only down 9 pounds. I swear I'm eating 1/2 to 1/4 of what I used to eat, but it is still slow going.

That stinks! It is worth getting it fixed though, your scar will fade over time.

Away2me, 9 lbs is lost is better than 9 lbs gained. My weight loss is very slow too but i can see a difference in my clothes big time. I am going to get my 2nd fill next week and I am ready. I still get bread stuck in the morning, I still try to eat it though! I was idle with my weight loss for almost 2 months, then all of the sudden last week, I lost 4 lbs. It takes our bodies time to just let the weight go, i think it the body feels like it is starving even though your head doesn't feel that way. Your body is used to xx amount of calories and once you go too far below that point it has to hang onto your fat so you don't starve. My body finally gave in!!!! I am down to 167, 1 lb from my first goal.

I am glad you checked in AudricIan. I have been wondering about you.

I wish my body would decided it's time to lose again. I want this last 10 lbs off so badly. I don't want to get another fill. I can barely eat now. My portions are very small, I exercise like crazy, so I have a feeling this is where my body wants to be. I think it's my age.

I have been so busy with work, birthday parties and life in general. I took a few weeks off work for my arm pain and I didn't even look at this darn computer, I am on it all day long in my home office. I guess when I don't need to be on it I'm not gonna' be on it. I am a little scared to get my next fill. I am still tight in the a.m. but by night I am wide open so to speak. If you put it on my plate I am going to eat it. I still haven't learned my lesson with bread though, old habits are hard to break. I think I waited long enough after the first fill, it has been about 2 months, I think???? Have to look at my signature. Anyway, I am doing good. Hope your last ten lbs just decides it is not going to win and goes away! Good luck:thumbup:

I've had 2 fills and an unfill since surgery. Let me tell you, it is not fun to be too tight, especially when we have to drive all the way down to TJ. Currently I am having issues cause I have a hyper active esophagus. Which means anything feeling tight or stuck causes me to throw up. So I can not make any mistakes or it is awful.

I don't even attempt bread.< /p>

There is a medication you can take for that. I know someone else that has that problem. She tries to go off her medication, and has problems

right away. It's called Luvox. It sends the message to your brain not to have your esophagus spasm.

Yes, my doc told me about that. I have to go through a test first before they will prescribe it. So they said to try things for a month after the unfill to see if things get better.

Does anyone know the lowest BMI you can have to get the lap band done in Mexico?

A BMI of 32.1, was approved for surgery in Mexico. The lowest? I am not sure.

I had a low BMI... 30 and was approved for surgery in Houston. Not sure what the benefit of going to Mexico is but I am happy with the surgeon that I used. Dr. Felts out of Dallas. He flies to Houston once a month to do his fills, preop visits and surgeries. He was extremely nice. Maybe the price is too high here???

This forum has been awfully quiet, where are all of our fellow lower BMI'ers??

Baby Got Back? How are you doing? Have you seen the scale move lately? I know you are SOOOO close to goal? Howz that going?

Sorry!

I have been away! A death in the family and lots of family visiting.

I am actually doing pretty good with my weight.

I am working out a lot and weight training which I love!

How is everybody doing?

I am glad you checked in AudricIan. I have been wondering about you.

I wish my body would decided it's time to lose again. I want this last 10 lbs off so badly. I don't want to get another fill. I can barely eat now. My portions are very small, I exercise like crazy, so I have a feeling this is where my body wants to be. I think it's my age.

Denise!!! You are sooo close!!! I am so proud of you! You have come such a long way!

I bet it feels so good!

I have to remind myself how far I have come. I too get caught up in those last 10 pounds and then finding I want to weigh even less!

I just wanted to see how you were doing!

Hey guys!

I have not had a fill in a very long time, I'd say over 6 months and I am TIGHT!!!!

I can't eat in the AM and have tea with soy milk. The rest of the day I have to really watch my first few bites and chew, chew, chew, but still pb or slime!!!

Has this happened to anyone???

The only thing I did different was put a weight loss patch on or near the port site. I wonder if it making me tight for some reason?

There is no way I could get a fill this way. I did start losing again, since I was maintaining within a fluctuation of 5 pounds. And I had been weight training for the last 3 months, so I think it showed up on the scale. I don't even weigh myself anymore and just go by how my tight jeans feel.

How are you all doing on your fill level?

What kind of weight loss patch?

My trainer told me today that I have at least 10 lbs of muscle, so that made me haapy. I am not as tight as you, but I am sure I am tight enough. I just hope I can keep losing. I want to be smaller than a size 14!

What kind of weight loss patch?

My trainer told me today that I have at least 10 lbs of muscle, so that made me haapy. I am not as tight as you, but I am sure I am tight enough. I just hope I can keep losing. I want to be smaller than a size 14!

I hope I gained muscle too! I have been weight training for 3 months.

I have been feeling so tight! I can't eat in the AM, can eat little for lunch and dinner, but if I have one bite too much, I get stuck, slime and pb.

Did my fill decide to kick in 6 months after I got it?

I feel tight, like I did in the very beginning.

I am losing weight though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

The Patches are ones I sell besides the QuickSlim30 pills.< /p>

I have been taking both and didn't know if it was a coincidence that I am tight now.