Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K Anyone want to start with me ?

So I spoke to my doc today about running the race.

He said that I probably wont be 100% for about another week . Given the race is in less than 2 weeks Im thinking actually running the race is not looking really good. I tried to even walk on the treadmill today and though i would die, that is when i called the doc. he said not to try to exercise until next week. So Looks like i'll be walking the race . I'll try to run a little.

I guess my new goal will be to run the one in March ??

Im frustrated now . Aggervated and tired of not feeling well.

Im feeling a little better, was able to get out and take my oldest to an appt today .

OH We had to take my 6 yr old to the ER last night, he was running a 104.9 fever that I could not get to break . Turns out HE's got walking pnemonia , luckily he's not in near the shape I was in AND he has an ear infection .

Anywho . Im glad to see a newbie joining . And everyone else doing well.

Love

Mindy

Holy crap, Mindy....I think I've said that to you about 15 times in the last 4 days. Please, just DON'T come in to the bank....I think I would run away! Hopefully you people will take all your meds and feel better soon.

Did the 105 fever slow the young'un down at all? Something tells me it may have--Barely.

Well, my good news is that I finished week 3 today. The idea of repeating it sounds pretty tempting, but I'm just going to continue to go with the flow and see what happens.

Thank goodness for the podcasts...I don't think I'd be able to keep up with the week 4 lineup without it. Here's a preview:

-Walk 5 mins

-Jog 3 mins

-Walk 1.5 mins

-Jog 5 mins

-Walk 2.5 mins

-Jog 3 mins

-Walk 1.5 mins

-Jog 5 mins

That's 16 minutes of jogging!!!! 7 more minutes than week 3. Holy CRAP, I say!!!!!

Mindy, you just need to get you and Fam healthy first, maybe I can join you guys in Austin in Mar for the next run.

I think I have redefined this couch to 5k thing in my own mind/body. I planned to restart wk 3 today, but I was able to run 4mins...So did a combo wk 3/4....I've always had problems following directions, maybe by mid wk (*like last wk*) I'll talk or run my way into a full wk 4.

Stranger you Rock, your post made me feel like a wh**p not completing, which is what this wuss needs...:lol:

Hello Everyone,

I seen your thread a couple of day's ago and have been thinking about joining in(better late than never) It has been a very long time since I have tried to run/jog. Is there any one else on here who has just started or has not started yet? I would love to have a partner as well as the support of this great group. I love the way you guys support each other. My 11 year old told me today that he wants to do it with me, so I think that will be great to have a running buddy. I am also worried about starting this with the day time temps of 7 degree's.:)

Anyway's I am willing to listen to all the advice I can get! I actually really excited to do this.....:lol:

You should TOTALLY do it! It's awesome and fun, and you'll be so thrilled with yourself when you realize you actually CAN!!!!! It's so empowering!!!

Oh, and Luluc, You're no whimp....but I'm sorry if I made you feel that way! Believe me, I'm as STUNNED as anyone else that this is really working!!!! Keep on going, Girlfriend!!!!

Yee-haw!!!!!!

Giddy Up!...Nah ya didn't make me feel like a whimp, I can do that all on my own...Hee Hee

I have issues taking the "extra" step - so glad for a husband and trainer that bark back at me.

Welcome Wanna !! I lurked the running threads for a while myself before I "commited", am very glad I did!

Night all~

Mindy - so sorry to hear the ill is spreading like wildfire in your home. Just rest and get better. If we have learned nothing from each other - running will always be there for you.

Welcome Wanna! As you can tell from many of the posts - this is a great, supportive place - and we are all in different places in the program. Come on in!!

Headed out to start week 3 tomorrow. I am excited to test the 3 minute mark. Ok - and a little scared, but mostly excited.

I don't think I have shared this - kind of funny: My gym has a Biggest Loser contest going; me and my co-workers at Habitat formed a team - Building Babes! We build houses - and we are building babes. Told you it was kinda funny. Anyway, tomorrow morning is weigh in. I tested their scale on Sunday and it looks like I may be coming in 7 lbs. lighter than my first weigh in. Yippee! The contest is 2 months long and we are in week 3.

OMG Whosya! The two of you are too cute on that cover. What an awesome journey for the two of you. I bet your girls are super proud.

Holy crap, Mindy....I think I've said that to you about 15 times in the last 4 days. Please, just DON'T come in to the bank....I think I would run away! Hopefully you people will take all your meds and feel better soon.

Did the 105 fever slow the young'un down at all? Something tells me it may have--Barely.

Well, my good news is that I finished week 3 today. The idea of repeating it sounds pretty tempting, but I'm just going to continue to go with the flow and see what happens.

Thank goodness for the podcasts...I don't think I'd be able to keep up with the week 4 lineup without it. Here's a preview:

-Walk 5 mins

-Jog 3 mins

-Walk 1.5 mins

-Jog 5 mins

-Walk 2.5 mins

-Jog 3 mins

-Walk 1.5 mins

-Jog 5 mins

That's 16 minutes of jogging!!!! 7 more minutes than week 3. Holy CRAP, I say!!!!!

OH YES It slowed him down . WAY Down I think he slept all Saturday half of Sunday , he was feeling a lot better today . He bounces back quickly.

Im feeling some what normal. i was out of the house today , LMAO I ALMOST came by the bank to give you a BIG KISS !!!:tongue::lol::smile::lol:

Kidding. Had to take Tyler to get contacts , he told me "after 15 yrs of not seeing I can see now , good thing I dont have a girlfriend i Might find out she's ugly " LMAO just FYI for those of ya'll my oldest son is legally blind in his left eye , has had 2 eye surgeries and HATES Glasses wont wear them .

BUT hes started drivers ed so HAS to wear them to drive. We got him contacts and he is SO Happy with how well he can see. hes NOT seen for 15 yrs bascially .

Anyway , the run sounds challenging ! Im proud of you for finishing it .

Talk to yall soon.

mindy

OMG Whosya! The two of you are too cute on that cover. What an awesome journey for the two of you. I bet your girls are super proud.

Thanks Tex Girly!!! Yeah im doing alot of this for them. I want to be able to dance with them at their weddings.

Wow yall! this morning I took off to the gym and thought I would never make it back out. I was about 2 minutes into the warm up when the most amazing shin splints popped up. I managed to finish the warm up and started stretching - wow it hurt!!:rolleyes2: MY shins and calves were on FIRE!

So, after stretching, I worked my way to the treadmill and started the regular workout. After about 2 minutes, I started to run. Managed to get in about 1 minute then went back to walking. That was my minute of running and I walked the rest of the 20 minutes. When I was finished, my PT came over and we talked about it. He says it could just be one of those days, could be the new shoes, could be tired legs, lack of Breakfast, lack of hydration. Basically, he didn't have an answer other than to say I needed to go stretch really well. So I did. I can still feel it now to some extent. Low mileage day, but I did try.

Just fyi...I saw someone reply that they have experienced shin splints, I am not an expert but I have found thru trial and error that if I start out on the exercise bike for about 15 minutes prior to the treadmill or walking I do not have shin splint or calf pain.

Didn't run today. Did a 40min circut of core floor exercises w/trainer this AM, and am SO sluggish, maybe it's the weather. I met w/my LB surgeon for my 3 month checkup late yesterday, and he told me not to anticipate losing anymore than 6lbs per month - I'm like YOUR kidding? I know another topic for another thread, just between him and my PT who is not a fan of WLS - I feel the need to veg the rest of the day.

So tomorrow I will be have a new attitude (HA), Try Wk 4, and get my 4th fill...My PT can KMA for right now, I pay him to get me in shape - the Lapband will help me stay there:)...Cheers~