Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back on track....sort of

Yesterday was HORRIBLE! I was THE WORST! There was no stopping me. Yesterday was my first day of soft foods. I could finally add things with some consistancy. And so I did. I ate mexican bean dip. I ate Jello (not SF because my family doesn't know what that is!), I ate 2 dozen caramels. If it was "softer" I ate it. I couldn't stop. And by 8 or 9 pm I felt like CRAP. There were a ton of reasons I can point to. Too much food. Too many carbs. Too hard of food. It doesn't matter why...just that it was HORRIBLE. My abdomen hurt. My head hurt. My pride hurt.

I tried to explain it to DH this morning. I ate. I wasn't hungry. I ate. I was miserable. I ate some more. When I wasn't miserable anymore I filled myself further until I was miserable once again. It was definitely a bad yesterday.

Today I was better. I got up and ate a Protein Drink. I then had a steamer mid morning. For dinner, while the rest had prime rib and hollendaise covered broccoli, I had just a twice-baked potato. I had another Protein Drink mid evening. While everyone had pie this evening I chose another baked potato. That was definitely a tough decision. I don't think one was better than the other for me, but I thought the sweetness of the pie would set off another binge.

I need to seriously watch myself because it doesn't matter whether I'm hungry or not....I know how to sabotage myself. Wish me luck in the future....

Steph

Hi, Twin!!!

I did the same thing today, and I am paying for it, big time. Seriously...Ive probably ruined my band. Im supposed to be on liquids for another 12 days. But, I bargained with myself, which is what i always do.."you've been good THIS far" or "It cant hurt your goal THAT bad" blah blah..

I ate some yams, some pudding, and some stuffing. thats right. I just jumped right off that bridge in 30 feet Water. No easing into solids at all. Just went "Bombs away"

Now, im in tons of pain, my stomach hurts so bad that its radiating to my back, almost like gas pain, but a sharp pain. If i over eat, which i did..why didnt i throw up? whats it doing? whats this pain im feeling? is my band stretching? Im really worried.

I am kicking myself now, so disappointed in myself. I think Ive learned a huge lesson today. I just wish i hadnt had to pay this price.

I tried to explain the same thing to my husband, too..

Ill be praying you find the courage and strength to keep on trucking, maybe I can help myself to some willpower, too.

Sending you both hugs and a recommendation that you call your doctor.

I didn't do too great yesterday either. I'm still on liquids, but I "accidently" managed to dip my finger into all sorts of things and lick it off. Technically I guess it's not cheating ... but seriously ... I also let a teensy piece of fudge melt in my mouth. I think for me, I'm kind of feeling desperate for flavor. Figured that out when I was licking a banana. <eyeroll> We all don't have too far to go before we'll be out of this stage. :) We can do it. :)

i'm on regular foods and yesterday was my first bites of rice....omg i ate alot!!! so i'm there with yall... i put about a tablespoon of each thing... in my plate....(alot of things).... and i even had potato salad .. .and pumkin pie!!!!! however i'll say this....i saw it on tv and plan to live that way now... the best successful dieters can say...today is a new day...i had a bad day yesterday....back on the wagon today!! ...thats what i'm doing... today its back to eggs for breakfast..and i think i'll do egg drop Soup today for lunch and dinner.... because i did hurt myself eating big bites of turkey too fast...(stuck) my first... omg i dont want to do that again... but i know i over ate yesterday... i didnt throw up but i almost prayed for it...pain! ... and what is worst..when i got the turkey stuck.... I WASNT HUNGRY...I WAS BEING GREEDY!.. anyway..today is another day...... we can do this....one day at a time!!! we didnt get fat in a day..cant get skinny in a day either.....gl everyone!:speechles

Hi guys! Glad to see I'm not the only glutton in the bunch. Sorry you all had to go through it too but I guess it's true, misery loves company.

I hope you didn't damage your band. I think we'd have to be a little tougher on it but if you're worried, I'd call your doc.

I just had a Protein drink for Breakfast. Full after 6 oz. But when I'm over "full" which I think I am right now, I'm almost nausas (however you spell that).

I keep telling myself that I LIKE the full feeling. I never really had it before. I could eat and eat and eat and NEVER felt full. It is such an odd feeling.

Sheila, let us know if you feel better today. I have a strange pain UNDER my stomach. It is way below band so I don't know what it is, but it really hurts. I'm hoping it was overdoing with Christmas wrapping, kids, and shopping. I see the doc in about a week and right now it isn't bad enough to warrent a trip in. I do, however, understand how distressing pain can be. Let us know.

Good luck today guys.....lets climb back on the wagon.

Steph

Hi, overeaters-united!

I feel a lot better this morning, the pain is gone. Im sure its because i pigged out.

but, i weighed this morning, (risky,i know) and lost 2 lbs. so, im back on track, drinking some peppermint tea, this morning.

I think i needed this slip-up in order to remind myself that it DOES NOT feel good to overeat. and maybe it will prevent me from doing that in the future.

good luck guys, maybe we've gone through the most tempting time already, being Christmas and all..I guess our next hurdle is new years. :)

I'm a little worried about New Years myself. I'll be able to legally EAT then. Yikes!!

I'm glad you're feeling better today, Sheila. :)

Okay ladies,

Take your left hand and place it as far as you can on your right side. Now take your right hand and place it as far as you can on your left side. Squeeze hard. Hug yourself and hug your band. Repeat whenever tempted to eat wrongly.

Easy for me to say, I don't have any appetite yet. My day is coming and then it's your turn to tell me something to keep my hand from reaching my mouth.

I am with ALL OF YOU! Boy... I really wanted to be able to say that "I even made it through the Holidays!""" but now... that can never happen!!!

We messed up. Back on the wagon we go!!! I am not going out on NYEve until about 9-10 oclock and then its just a few cocktails for me!!!

Anyone out there able to recommend a low cal alcohol drink???

Well, Gin, rum, vodka, whiskey have no carbs..Sooo..maybe you could do like a bloody mary? I hate Tomato juice though...so you have to like that, first. :) Maybe bacardi and diet lemonade?

Or a low cal beer?

I ate so much that my back hurt as well... I assume that is indigestion. I couldn't help myself... the more I ate, the more I wanted. I'm surprised my band didn't snap off !! :confused: :confused: Well I am back on track today, just came back from my walk (did one yesterday as well) and don't plan to eat too much today. The leftovers are still around and of course so are the chocolates so the temptation is still there but I don't feel that same need today... let's hope it stays that way. :)

Hi there,

I was banded on 12/11/07. I was doing fine on Xmas until I got to work in th ER. I passed up all the meat and goodies.....until I saw the biscuits...Damn that bread. I had one....then a small bite of a brownie......then three hours later I had another biscuit. I was horrible that I messed up, I had done so well. I am sorry that we all slipped but glad that I am not alone. Today has been all liquids, so so far so good.

I feel sorry for you all, being banded just before Christmas. That must be absolute torture!!!

I blew it too, in a way I feel a bit of relief knowing that I am not the only December bandster to blow it. I am 3 weeks out and I ate everything yesterday. Prime rib, 4 different casseroles, Cookies, cake and even home made fried ice cream. I am soooo bad. I had zero restriction and while I was eating, I felt absolutely normal (inside) I was thinking that maybe Dr. Ortiz just cut me open and didn't even put the band on there. If I wasn't able to feel the port I with my fingers then I would be really doubtful at this point. I am ready for a fill, January 8th is the day for me. Good luck to all, we can do this!

I'm sorry you all had to go through the misery but maybe that is what you needed to do. Remember, this is a work in progress. The band is not magical by itself. We have to do the work. Today was the perfect day for me to read this thread as today I finally get to start mushies. I too have thought for several days that I want to 'eat' something. I realize I will have to be very mindful of what I am doing. I was so looking forward to a scrambled egg this morning but I have a doctor's appointment (for my 10 day old cold/sinus infection) early this morning and I don't have time for the egg and she might want to do fasting blood on me to check out my thyroid so I think I will take a shake and have it afterwards. Thanks to all of you for my resolve. I have the rest of my life to eat.