Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nymphs..How did you do today?

Hey November Nymphs! Merry Christmas!

How did everyone do staying on plan today. I must admit this was the first day that I actually strayed off course since being banded. And guess what? I feel like crap tonight. I guess I am not used to all the sugar I put into my body. I am not beating myself up about it; I just resolved to get back on track tomorrow and follow the plan to the "T". Can't wait for my fill on the 3rd, I am starting to get more hungry between meals so I know that I need a fill.

So how about you? Did you do all right? Post your ups and downs, we are here for you.

Cindy

PS: Oh yeah! I met my New Years Goal a week early and hit below 300. Yeah...a Christmas NSV Gift for me.:faint:

Like you I am getting more hungry by the day. I was banded on 11/26. I had Turkey, Stuffing, Green Bean Cassarole & Sweet Potato - about 1 or 2 tablespoons of each. I dont' feel bad about that but I know the foods are high in fat. I wont' eat like that everyday. For dinner tonight I used the turkey and made some turkey salad with onions. I'm scheduled to have my first fill on 1/4 and will be happy to feel restriction after a few bites again. It astonishes me that I can get down the food and feel ok but know inside I can still eat and it will fit.

But it's good to be back in the 2's again.

Hello!!

Fiance and I were banded 11/23. No fills yet. Strayed a bit but for the most part chose healthier food. Had taboule (sp?) and hummus (sadly, with some pita.. but chewed, chewed, chewed). Mashed potatoes, egg salad, turkey. Again, chewed, chewed, chewed.

Its definitely not easy during the holidays...plus the fact that we do not have much restriction. Although, we have noticed that mentally, we've changed.. We know we can eat more, but we dont.

Looking forward to our first fill and an exercise routine in '08!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually feel pretty good about last night and today but I'm not particularly strict with myself. Mostly, I didn't want to overeat and I didn't.

I seem to be able to eat anything without incident but I do fill up easily. If I can lose weight at this level of restriction, I'll be in heaven. I won't have another official weigh-in until January 18. However, I am encouraged that it might not take too many fills to get to a good level for me and I am hopeful that that level allows most foods to be band friendly while taking the edge off my hunger.

While I know there are rules for this band that I intend to follow, I didn't "sign on" with the idea that I would never indulge in rich foods again but that I would be satisfied with small quantities and that's what I experienced today. ;)

TODAY, I've done well. I had Lloyd's bbq shredded beef and some mixed cooked veggies. Right now I'm drinking a Slim Fast.

The past couple of nights, while I have stayed under what I limit MYSELF in calories, I still ate more than I have before then. I didn't feel too good about that. It's a mental thing, I'm sure. I do plan on finding a counselor this January to help me with some things. The only "bad" thing I ate was a piece of gourmet chocolate that had toffee in the middle. It was 28 calories. I felt SO guilty. LOL The chocolate was only the size of a small marble. But I wanted to go back and steal the rest of the tin and eat them all!! haha I instead made myself go back to the office and drink a chocolate slim fast.

So all-in-all, doing pretty well, actually. I think it helps that I don't really have anybody cooking tempting things around me. I think if it was there, I'd probably do like you guys and have a spoonful of each thing. Head hunger is a hard demon to beat, I am finding!

You are all saints. I fell into the pig trough in a biiig way. I had probably 1800 - 2000 calories yesterday - most after 7:00pm. We are talking prime rib, potatoes, butter, blue cheese, Salad Dressing, etc. Even a few ginger snaps and turtles to top it off. Phew. All in all - as former feasts went, it wasn't too appalling, and my total for the day was right around my calories burned for the day. Still it was a remarkable change from what I normally eat with this band, and I had nooooo problems getting it down or keeping it down. I guess I will need my first fill in January afterall, if only to keep my sneaky brain from tempting me with future episodes. I was kind of hoping I would PB something up, kust to teach myself a lesson, but it was not to be.

Oh well, it was glorious, and it was an anomoly not a trend! I am back on the wagon today with cottage cheese, yogurt, tuna, LOTS of Water, and a very growly tummy.

You are all saints. I fell into the pig trough in a biiig way. I had probably 1800 - 2000 calories yesterday - most after 7:00pm. We are talking prime rib, potatoes, butter, blue cheese, Salad Dressing, etc. Even a few ginger snaps and turtles to top it off. Phew. All in all - as former feasts went, it wasn't too appalling, and my total for the day was right around my calories burned for the day. Still it was a remarkable change from what I normally eat with this band, and I had nooooo problems getting it down or keeping it down. I guess I will need my first fill in January afterall, if only to keep my sneaky brain from tempting me with future episodes. I was kind of hoping I would PB something up, kust to teach myself a lesson, but it was not to be.

Oh well, it was glorious, and it was an anomoly not a trend! I am back on the wagon today with cottage cheese, yogurt, tuna, LOTS of Water, and a very growly tummy.

No, I'm not a saint. I would have eaten more if I could! I just didn't feel like it and that's not me -- it's my band! :)

Piggy No 2 stepping forward to admit that I fell off the waggon. :) I can't believe how much food & chocolate I fit in. My 2nd fill is on 23 Jan but I'm going to try and get in sooner... can't afford to put on any weight at this stage.

I have to admit that I had no food issues at all this weekend, I cooked Christmas dinner for all of my family. I had some ham a spoonful of potatoes with no butter and a spoonful of corn. I was satisfied rather quickly and I had a couple of Christmas Cookies as well. I kept my calories where they should be all weekend. I made sure I ate plenty of Protein when I did eat.

I do believe that logging everything that goes into my mouth has helped me immensely. It makes me think before eating. It might taste good but is it going to stay with me the longest, is a ? I often ask now.

I am working out 5 days a week. Back into my Water aerobics and walking in the lap pool. I feel wonderful and I did get on the scale tonight at the club and I am down 4 more pounds....YIPPEEE!!!!

Lord I love this BAND!!!

Any restriction I had from my first fill seemed to magically disappear around xmas eve. I ate like a pig, frankly. Not nearly as bad as I would have last year but still bad enough. Oops. Today was a better day though..just have to move on.

I didn't just fall off the wagon. I may have eaten it.

I absent mindedly grazed myself through fudge, Cookies and salami. I don't even really like salami.

That pre surgery shrink that said I was sane enough to stick to a healthy way of eating should be covered with dark chocolate and shot. I have a fill scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Never thought I'd long to feel stuck and PB.

I was good until 20 minutes ago. I did have a golf ball effect in the afternoon when I had a piece of broccoli and it was so heavy on the garlic, that I gulped some Water and had forgotten about the band. That hurt a lot,but I chewed on a papaya enzyme pill and it went right down.

We just sang happy birthday to my 15 year old son and I had a small piece of a guava biscotti. We had just come from a restaurant and I had a cup of Soup and Greek salad. My stomach is bloated. Not good.

I am also thankful Christmas is over for this year. I felt like I was eating non stop for two days. I enjoyed a few goodies, some wine, and good starchy food, now I'm ready to throw out all the junk and get back on track. At least I haven't gained weight. I was banded on Nov. 5th and haven't had a fill yet. I was hoping to stretch it out, but I think I am due for one soon. Even though my meals are still small and I feel retricted I notice I am hungry a lot more.

My weight loss has also flat lined. At first, the weight just melted off, now I've been losing and gaining the the same 2-3 lbs.

Sades Dear....... YOU are NOT I repeat NOT a pig.....:eek: DO not even go there. You might of had things or amounts that you should not of had....but don't beat yourself up. You still have your best friend "The Band" and he is there to boost you up when you need it and help you achieve the LONG TERM goal....which we all know you will...:)

Just do not be too hard on yourself. It is not easy this thing we are all doing. Changing 46 years of eating habits gone wild......is not an easy thing...LOL

We all will have week moments, just get back up and move on with the program and you will see success measured in loss at the end of the road.

Hugz,

I am also thankful Christmas is over for this year. I felt like I was eating non stop for two days. I enjoyed a few goodies, some wine, and good starchy food, now I'm ready to throw out all the junk and get back on track. At least I haven't gained weight. I was banded on Nov. 5th and haven't had a fill yet. I was hoping to stretch it out, but I think I am due for one soon. Even though my meals are still small and I feel retricted I notice I am hungry a lot more.

My weight loss has also flat lined. At first, the weight just melted off, now I've been losing and gaining the the same 2-3 lbs.

wntolose)

We were banded a day apart and lost about the same amount of weight. We must be on the same schedule for needing a fill. Kind of funny!

My fill is next week and I can't wait. I haven't gained or lost anything in the last few days and I am very happy with that. As matter of fact, we have been eating out alot due to how busy my store has been but I have been trying to make good choices and I actually split all the meals in half when I get it. Today, we had lunch at the Olive Garden; which was really a tough choice but I just had 1/2 of everything and I felt fine and not overstuffed. I found a cool website Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate that gave me the nutritional information on the meal that I ate and I stayed within my calories.

We are all winners here and we are doing awesome. Just remember this is a lifestyle change and we are going to make good and bad choices for the rest of our lives. It is how we bounce back from the bad choices that matters.

Cindy