Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Buddies!

I use bariatrix and I’m tracking everything. I am at about 500-600. I have Protein Shakes, Jello, and popsicles. I am making my shakes with 1% milk and some I am mixing in powdered PB or nonfat Greek yogurt or Keifer

I am 6 days out of surgery

Hi friends!

I have a question for y’all! I am about 3 1/2 weeks post VSG and my hunger has returned with a vengeance. I’m not sure why. I’m trying to remind myself of everything I’ve learned and remind myself of things I am permitted to have. But I’ve been sampling small bites of various things to see what my tummy likes and what it doesn’t like anymore. I don’t want to fall back into old patterns and eat just because I like the taste or because I CAN tolerate it, you know?Has anyone experienced their hunger returning? Still struggling to get enough Water intake so maybe that has something to do with it? I’m averaging 32oz water a day. I wish I could drink normally because I used to easily get 64 Oz/day, but sipping has shown to be a challenge for me lol. Thanks ahead of time friends!

3 hours ago, matcha said:

Finally decided to sign up. My surgery was 12/6. I’m almost a month post op! It’s been a wild and very frustrating ride. I’m a mixture of emotions constantly. Down 74 pounds since June, which was when I decided it was time to just go for it and seriously looked into surgery for the first time. Yesterday was my first day without pain (albeit due to my stubbornness because I refused to sit and recover and not lift things). I just feel a tender soreness now. However I find it incredibly difficult to eat and drink enough. 😅 hope it gets easier soon 😅😅😅 anyone else struggling to do either?

Happy New Year!

Yea I am at week two going on week three i misunderstood my diet and was eating soft foods a week early lol but I do find it hard to swallow the most annoying part is not being able to drink Water comfortably really anything ive tried Hot Drinks and for some reason its better for me to take warm drinks. I got sugar free hot cocoa bc its been cold so far so good also caffeine free spearmint tea has been great. I’m down 16 lbs so far im hoping for a good 10/12 lbs moving forward per month but we shall see! I’m going to start my walking routine tomorrow and im excited for that. Happy loosing 🥰

8 minutes ago, sfugate89 said:

Hi friends!

I have a question for y’all! I am about 3 1/2 weeks post VSG and my hunger has returned with a vengeance. I’m not sure why. I’m trying to remind myself of everything I’ve learned and remind myself of things I am permitted to have. But I’ve been sampling small bites of various things to see what my tummy likes and what it doesn’t like anymore. I don’t want to fall back into old patterns and eat just because I like the taste or because I CAN tolerate it, you know?Has anyone experienced their hunger returning? Still struggling to get enough Water intake so maybe that has something to do with it? I’m averaging 32oz Water a day. I wish I could drink normally because I used to easily get 64 Oz/day, but sipping has shown to be a challenge for me lol. Thanks ahead of time friends!

Girl you and me both my hunger isn’t really there more than my thoughts of wanting to eat food to feel normal again. Its been emotional for me and bc of my sampling food it makes me feel more down. It’s frustrating not being able to drink water or pretty much anything my water/ Fluid intake is so low. Im soooo over these Protein Shakes i bought and the thought of them now has me wanting to gag lol. I’m not reallt taking in any Protein shakes and just doing Soups but can only do 2/3 ounces at a time. I can do yogurt i had half a cup for lunch and a few tablespoons of Tomato Soup for dinner. Feel free to message me anytime my surgery date was 12/18 im happy i got the surgery but definitely want to feel normal again. I’m being patient but if i could have at least be able to drink water it would be easier.

i had a hiatal hernia and its been so hard to drink is anyone else feeling that feeling? Then when i do drink its like im swallowing air 😫😩😫

9 hours ago, Felicia1288 said:

Hi all how are my 12/27 and 12/28 buddies doing? Had my surgery 12/28. Doing well. Pain is here and there. But down to 198 as of this morning. Highest weight before liquids was 217 🎉. Small wins!!

That’s so awesome wow you’re droppin the weight ! Im down to 224 was 240 day of my surgery on 12/18. We’ll see how my month plays out happy restin and loosing :)!

31 minutes ago, sfugate89 said:

Hi friends!

I have a question for y’all! I am about 3 1/2 weeks post VSG and my hunger has returned with a vengeance. I’m not sure why. I’m trying to remind myself of everything I’ve learned and remind myself of things I am permitted to have. But I’ve been sampling small bites of various things to see what my tummy likes and what it doesn’t like anymore. I don’t want to fall back into old patterns and eat just because I like the taste or because I CAN tolerate it, you know?Has anyone experienced their hunger returning? Still struggling to get enough Water intake so maybe that has something to do with it? I’m averaging 32oz Water a day. I wish I could drink normally because I used to easily get 64 Oz/day, but sipping has shown to be a challenge for me lol. Thanks ahead of time friends!

I am 6 days out and I was so hungry today! All I can offer is stay focused on getting enough Protein. The protein will keep you fuller longer and keep you on track. Also, stay away from carbs. Sadly you’re the only one that can make the changes.

what are the foods you’re eating? Maybe you have to find alternatives in a healthier option.

27 minutes ago, Onwensdaywewearblk said:

Yea I am at week two going on week three i misunderstood my diet and was eating soft foods a week early lol but I do find it hard to swallow the most annoying part is not being able to drink Water comfortably really anything ive tried Hot Drinks and for some reason its better for me to take warm drinks. I got sugar free hot cocoa bc its been cold so far so good also caffeine free spearmint tea has been great. I’m down 16 lbs so far im hoping for a good 10/12 lbs moving forward per month but we shall see! I’m going to start my walking routine tomorrow and im excited for that. Happy loosing 🥰

Yeah that happens. I did that with my pre op diet. I am starting my walking on Monday morning. I am 6 days out so I don’t want to do too much but I want to get started. I can’t wait for week three 😂

25 minutes ago, Onwensdaywewearblk said:

Girl you and me both my hunger isn’t really there more than my thoughts of wanting to eat food to feel normal again. Its been emotional for me and bc of my sampling food it makes me feel more down. It’s frustrating not being able to drink Water or pretty much anything my water/ Fluid intake is so low. Im soooo over these Protein Shakes i bought and the thought of them now has me wanting to gag lol. I’m not reallt taking in any Protein shakes and just doing Soups but can only do 2/3 ounces at a time. I can do yogurt i had half a cup for lunch and a few tablespoons of Tomato Soup for dinner. Feel free to message me anytime my surgery date was 12/18 im happy i got the surgery but definitely want to feel normal again. I’m being patient but if i could have at least be able to drink water it would be easier.

i had a hiatal hernia and its been so hard to drink is anyone else feeling that feeling? Then when i do drink its like im swallowing air 😫😩😫

I have been “doctoring” up my shakes. Take a vanilla shake and add some cinnamon , nutmeg, vanilla and 1/4c SF Applesauce. Mix it all together in the blender taste just like apple pie.
also I get a flavor Keifer and mix a 1/2c with a vanilla shake to make it taste different (my flavor was strawberry)

I also bought some powdered Peanut Butter and add 1 tablespoons to a chocolate Protein Shake. Taste like peanut butter cup.
I have other recipes if you want some more ideas

34 minutes ago, MLC3409 said:

I am 6 days out and I was so hungry today! All I can offer is stay focused on getting enough Protein. The Protein will keep you fuller longer and keep you on track. Also, stay away from carbs. Sadly you’re the only one that can make the changes.

what are the foods you’re eating? Maybe you have to find alternatives in a healthier option.

I havent been eating bad things like my husband made a 16 hour smoked pork roast i had three pinches of the meat, I have been doing yogurt and Soup i did oatmeal mixed with my Protein Shake once also. I cant do more than 2/3 onces of food at a time…

mostly im doing soup and yogurt now though. Its not really unhealthy food but I had gotten confused with the diet and started the soft foods one week earlier the doctor didnt seemed worried though. It just was messing up my head thinking im off track. Im down 16 lbs so that’s got to be okay. Thank you for the Peanut Butter advice i love fit pb I’ll probably go buy powder Protein Shakes and start making them instead also I dont do dairy so maybe that’s another factor.

I got mine in December 18 and honestly I’m so happy that I did… so much has changed. I mean I don’t have a lot of energy because we not able to intake a lot of things I am on my puréed stage and it like I don’t care for food 😂. I just drink my Protein Shakes, take my Vitamins, and drink a lot of liquids to stay hydrated. I eat here and there but I am barely hungry.

1 hour ago, sfugate89 said:

Hi friends!

You probably feel hungry because you are not eating enough. And sometimes it can be that your not hungry you body is just use to eating so much that it’s adapting to not being able to consuming everything we use to eat normally. I had to fight that urge because I will eat and feel like I’m starving when I am not. And if you can’t handle water try Crystal light or Gatorade zero or zero sugar peach Snapple

4 hours ago, Sox'sMom said:

Is anyone tracking calories and carbs 1 week post op? If so, what is your calorie intake? I am under 300 but wanted to know if anyone else is tracking.

At one week post op the only I was told to track is my fluids intake. In fact the first 3 weeks I was only told to make sure I get my Water and Protein Shakes.

13 hours ago, Onwensdaywewearblk said:

Girl you and me both my hunger isn’t really there more than my thoughts of wanting to eat food to feel normal again. Its been emotional for me and bc of my sampling food it makes me feel more down. It’s frustrating not being able to drink Water or pretty much anything my water/ Fluid intake is so low. Im soooo over these Protein Shakes i bought and the thought of them now has me wanting to gag lol. I’m not reallt taking in any Protein shakes and just doing Soups but can only do 2/3 ounces at a time. I can do yogurt i had half a cup for lunch and a few tablespoons of Tomato Soup for dinner. Feel free to message me anytime my surgery date was 12/18 im happy i got the surgery but definitely want to feel normal again. I’m being patient but if i could have at least be able to drink water it would be easier.

I have yet to get my surgery date. But, I have did all the pre-op and post op classes. I was instructed to get unflavored Protein something like Isopure or any other unflavored brand doesn't matter. As long as it's within the guidelines they gave you. Put it in a shaker and sprinkle protein over whatever you eat. Soups, or whatever you can get down. Any little bit of protein you can get in will help. You don't have to add a lot. A little over time will be better than nothing.

You are all awesome! Thank you! I bought the Protein Powder a while back and forgot all about it. I added it to my Breakfast today (2 eggs) and only finished half and feel full. I will also add it in with my Water. I’m sure I can’t mix it all up completely but at least a little will help. Thanks for your comments and support! We will get through this together!

On 12/21/2023 at 2:20 AM, DestinyAlcala said:

Hey guys, I was sleeved 12/14. Anyone else having issues mentally? Also my husband got McDonald’s tonight and I stupidly ate a French fry now all I can do is cry because I’m terrified I’m going to fail and that French fry was the proof. 😭

Hey i was sleeved on dec 1, first month down and yes my mental is all over the place at times i regret doing the surgery still questioning myself even after a month. Im still on soft foods i can eat mashed potatoes and Pasta but i feel guilty because of the carbs after i eat it 😅 but it taste good. And yes i had a qeak moment Saturday i had a cookie from panara bread only ate a small piece but my belly was fine. But the struggle is real you qill over come