Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Buddies!

That’s sounds more understandable I went into the office today and to my surprise I was 228 he said I misunderstood the diet plan lol I was not to start soft foods til two week after the surgery not on week two which makes me feel so much better because it’s easy to drink but wasn’t as easy to eat those puréed foods.

my incisions are fine the biggest one I’m assuming is where they took the stomach out is bumpy also lol 😂

I feel fine to get up and walk about but after a certain point it’s over doing it this week I’m sick of being home so I’m heading to the mall today to exchange shoes for my kids the walking should be okay. Doc says walking only til week 6 post op. Which is a bummer bc I have a workout bike I set up last night too excited to use lol

I feel exactly the same. I’m walking everyday but I just want to get out and do something!! I know I definitely need to take it easy though as after a big walk today I’ve had some pulling on the inside!!

18 minutes ago, Laura.1912 said:

I feel exactly the same. I’m walking everyday but I just want to get out and do something!! I know I definitely need to take it easy though as after a big walk today I’ve had some pulling on the inside!!

Ouch that happen to me last week Sunday trying to get everything for Christmas I was so bad at the end of the day had been out from 5am til like 3 definitely pushed my limits that day. I dunno how I found this forum but glad I did I was beginning to feel so alone! Basically I plan to just get weighed once I go back to my doctors office at this point. Rest up and happy loosing for you take it easy I’ve been binge watching tv but admittedly it gets kinda boring lol. Thank you for your responses I hope to hear about your next few weeks :)!

36 minutes ago, Onwensdaywewearblk said:

Ouch that happen to me last week Sunday trying to get everything for Christmas I was so bad at the end of the day had been out from 5am til like 3 definitely pushed my limits that day. I dunno how I found this forum but glad I did I was beginning to feel so alone! Basically I plan to just get weighed once I go back to my doctors office at this point. Rest up and happy loosing for you take it easy I’ve been binge watching tv but admittedly it gets kinda boring lol. Thank you for your responses I hope to hear about your next few weeks :)!

I’m so glad too!! Keep me updated also, think of how amazing we will be feeling in a few months!

On 12/21/2023 at 8:57 AM, sfugate89 said:

Yes, same here!

Today is day #7 for me so HELLO PURÉED FOODS!! :) I woke up in such a great mood! These hormones really are all over the place! Lol. I put on some makeup for the first time in a LONG time and got dressed in normal people clothes. I made myself a Protein Shake with sugar free Peanut Butter powder and it was so yummy! I’m attempting my first trip out today with my mama to the grocery store. I’m in much better spirits and hoping this is day 1 of happier spirits to come!

Girl this has been the biggest struggle phase for me. I really just want to cry and cry. I did discover Dannin Greek Yogurt strawberry Cheesecake and it’s like the best thing I’ve ever eaten. It’s just hard to find anything to really switch it up for me so I’m going to go back to making Soup. I thought about blending my Soups I’ve just been scared it’s gonna be gross and ruined.

11 hours ago, DestinyAlcala said:

Girl this has been the biggest struggle phase for me. I really just want to cry and cry. I did discover Dannin Greek Yogurt strawberry Cheesecake and it’s like the best thing I’ve ever eaten. It’s just hard to find anything to really switch it up for me so I’m going to go back to making Soup. I thought about blending my Soups I’ve just been scared it’s gonna be gross and ruined.

I actually had made a pumpkin Soup when I was wrong about being able to eat soft foods lol I thought on day 7 I can eat soft foods but it was really week 2, meaning 2 weeks post op lol 😂 but it was fine I took it down when I did eat.

Yesterday I decided to get fancy and try and buy a smoothie that had Protein I thought I read the ingredients right and girl I literally had what I think is dumping syndrome lol it was the worst within ten minutes of drinking literally like less than five sips I was just not feeling well. I read some people don’t get it from sugary things so I’m glad I do bc it will help later I’m an emotional reck too not being able to eat anything and wanting to sucks but it’s what I signed up for lol. I just got new Protein Powder to make a shake at home so I’ll be fine I’m basically supposed to be on a liquid diet til Monday but since I’m a little slow lol and read my diet wrong I’m going stick on it for a few extra days. I was backed up (sorry tmi) for a good week had to take Miralax but I’m noticing now that I’m not my weight is going down and I can see my stomach going down. I’m not gonna weight myself til my next visit.

im just sick of the same “food” also I was doing premier caramel but the smell of it disgust me now 😩

I’m definitely emotional but feeling my belly go down and my hips feeling a bit less wide and my thighs are feeling a little more thin makes it a bit better also binge watching tv 🫠hang in there girlie we got this! As for the yogurt I love the toasted coconut ones I forget the brand.

also yesterday I went out and wore jeans high rises and my stomach did not like that 🤔I was in pain from driving w them bc they had dug into my belly. I had a hiatal hernia also so dunno if I am just feeling bad still from both surgeries but I’m certain that next month I am looking forward to that. To feeling some sort of normalcy.

Also did anyone else get a cute little bear! It’s a cough buddy he literally has been everywhere w me lol

990B72FE-AACB-4E0B-9C78-527DB6B93746.jpeg

1BDA7D70-5C90-4664-83E0-C9F057C677B5.jpeg

11 hours ago, DestinyAlcala said:

I actually had made a pumpkin Soup when I was wrong about being able to eat soft foods lol I thought on day 7 I can eat soft foods but it was really week 2, meaning 2 weeks post op lol 😂 but it was fine I took it down when I did eat.

Yesterday I decided to get fancy and try and buy a smoothie that had Protein I thought I read the ingredients right and girl I literally had what I think is dumping syndrome lol it was the worst within ten minutes of drinking literally like less than five sips I was just not feeling well. I read some people don’t get it from sugary things so I’m glad I do bc it will help later I’m an emotional reck too not being able to eat anything and wanting to sucks but it’s what I signed up for lol. I just got new protein powder to make a shake at home so I’ll be fine I’m basically supposed to be on a liquid diet til Monday but since I’m a little slow lol and read my diet wrong I’m going stick on it for a few extra days. I was backed up (sorry tmi) for a good week had to take miralax but I’m noticing now that I’m not my weight is going down and I can see my stomach going down. I’m not gonna weight myself til my next visit.

im just sick of the same “food” also I was doing premier caramel but the smell of it disgust me now 😩

I’m definitely emotional but feeling my belly go down and my hips feeling a bit less wide and my thighs are feeling a little more thin makes it a bit better also binge watching tv 🫠hang in there girlie we got this! As for the yogurt I love the toasted coconut ones I forget the brand.

also yesterday I went out and wore jeans high rises and my stomach did not like that 🤔I was in pain from driving w them bc they had dug into my belly. I had a hiatal hernia also so dunno if I am just feeling bad still from both surgeries but I’m certain that next month I am looking forward to that. To feeling some sort of normalcy.

Also did anyone else get a cute little bear! It’s a cough buddy he literally has been everywhere w me lol

Check in from 12/27 surgery date:

So here I am settled into home and getting on my Fluid schedule (shakes,water, tea). I set alarm for every hour to remind myself to drink what when.

Pain is a bit more today. I think I might have been doing too much up and down out of my chair yesterday. Also maybe the way I slept. The recliner wasn’t cutting it.

I found last night I had a sweet tooth urge. Thankfully it was time for me to take my Calcium supplement so I had one of those.

I also can’t get out of my head yet the “want” to just go in the kitchen and make something to eat. Thankfully I live alone and I purged my kitchen so there isn’t anything to make anyway.

I have plenty of broth on hand. Getting all my fluids.

Thankfully I have not had nausea or anything. The doctor gave me meds for all the nausea and pain but I have not had to use any of it. Even when I was overnight I only used pain meds once the night of surgery to help with my back pain.

I did have a AH HA moment. The fact I just had surgery and they removed 80% of my stomach. It is surreal at times still.

Is it wrong that I can’t wait to cook chicken wings in the air fryer? That is one food I can’t wait to be able to eat again.

I weighed myself this morning and I am down 8.4 pounds

Finally decided to sign up. My surgery was 12/6. I’m almost a month post op! It’s been a wild and very frustrating ride. I’m a mixture of emotions constantly. Down 74 pounds since June, which was when I decided it was time to just go for it and seriously looked into surgery for the first time. Yesterday was my first day without pain (albeit due to my stubbornness because I refused to sit and recover and not lift things). I just feel a tender soreness now. However I find it incredibly difficult to eat and drink enough. 😅 hope it gets easier soon 😅😅😅 anyone else struggling to do either?

Happy New Year!

I am 6 days out and so far it seems to be going well. Hardly any pain. Staying in my schedule for Protein Shakes and fluids. Finding a sleep position is the only issue I have been having really. It is hard too because I use a cpap machine.

I have had time of being hungry. But they passed.

I’m at weak and beginning soft foods. I have this terrible taste in my mouth since my VSG. Anyone else experience this? If so, how long did it last and how did you get rid of it? I can’t stand to eat or drink because of the taste!

6 minutes ago, Glacious said:

I’m at weak and beginning soft foods. I have this terrible taste in my mouth since my VSG. Anyone else experience this? If so, how long did it last and how did you get rid of it? I can’t stand to eat or drink because of the taste!

No not a terrible taste but could not sta.d the smell of food. At first, I could not drink the Protein Shakes due to the smell. However, within 4-5 days, I got over it. I do anticipate a taste change once I get to puréed food.

I’m 6 days out and still on liquids for another week at least. I haven’t had any issue with taste though. I wonder what has caused it. Does your doctor have any options?

I would maybe try getting some unflavored Protein Powder and mix with something you can drink.

Is anyone tracking calories and carbs 1 week post op? If so, what is your calorie intake? I am under 300 but wanted to know if anyone else is tracking.