Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY have an update on my revision!!

So I have been really quiet on here because I was just trying to get rid of the last of the health issues I had going on. Polyps are gone and uterine fibroids are gone. I had an appt with my bariatric surgeon today and we discussed getting the revision now that I have a clean bill of health. Looks like it'll be mid July sometime. BUT...my revision is a little more complicated. Here's what I was told: Normally they leave the bottom part of the stomach when they do the bypass because there might be a need for a feeding tube at some point, or something like that. HOWEVER, with my situation, the part they would normally leave is where all the polyps were. So the surgeon is going to completely remove the bottom part of the stomach (making my stomach about 2oz instead of the 4-5oz it is now) during the bypass surgery. He said that's not ideal, but given my situation, it's the best course of treatment for the GERD, esophagitis, gastritis, and getting me back to being able to work out and live a normal life again (which is really all I want). He said it does present a problem later on if I need a feeding tube or whatever, but that's a big "if", and considering all of my issues right now, it's worth the risk, if I agree. I agreed with him and I'm waiting for the coordinator to call me to schedule the surgery officially. I'm so close to this being over. I can see the finish line FINALLY!!!!!

My close friend who's a nurse practitioner posted this on my Facebook post about it: "IF you need a feeding tube in the future, they can bypass the stomach and give you a J tube (in the jejunum) below the stomach, or for a short term issue, give you TPN, directly to the veins". So this just made that major concern not really a concern now. I'm feeling even better about this. I can't wait to get this over with and get back to my life!!!

Ok so HOLY CRAP. I just got the call and my revision surgery is going to be on the 28th of June!!!! Apparently someone's insurance didn't approve their surgery and they had to cancel their surgery and I got their spot. I was told my pre-op appt with the hospital is on the 12th, my pre-op appt with my surgeon is the 13th, and I have to do Iron infusions before surgery (first one on the 14th, 2nd one on the 21st, and 3rd one on the 28th after surgery). My iron is really low because of all my procedures, but they said it won't affect my surgery since I can have the infusions. My mind is literally blown. I wasn't expecting this AT ALL. This is really fast!!! But at least it's FINALLY happening and I can get back to my life sooner rather than later!!!!

I’m so glad you got to the bottom of all those issues! It’s going to be rectified! I’m so happy for you to be feeling better soon.

That's super exciting!

You are looking fantastic and healthy, good luck with your surgery. I am still waiting for my endoscope ...........YES over 12 months GEEZ.........but anyway so glad you have a surgeon who treated you quickly and got it all sorted for you

On 6/9/2023 at 3:05 PM, learn2cook said:

I’m so glad you got to the bottom of all those issues! It’s going to be rectified! I’m so happy for you to be feeling better soon.

Thank you so much. It's really been quite the ride, hasn't it lol

8 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

You are looking fantastic and healthy, good luck with your surgery. I am still waiting for my endoscope ...........YES over 12 months GEEZ.........but anyway so glad you have a surgeon who treated you quickly and got it all sorted for you

Thank you :) Why in the world is it taking a year to get an endoscope??? That's absolutely outrageous!!!

Yay! I've been thinking about you. I'm so glad to hear that you have a clean bill of health and the process is moving forward. :)

12 hours ago, Jeanniebug said:

Yay! I've been thinking about you. I'm so glad to hear that you have a clean bill of health and the process is moving forward. :)

Thank you :) It's certainly been a journey lol I just can't wait to get back to living my life. I know I'll smash my goal weight once I heal and can get back to working out and eating without pain and horrible GERD and all the rest. I'm even more excited about this surgery than I was with the first one lol