Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jaime Lynn Spears Pregnant at 16

My daughter asked about it...what do you say? Spears and her baby will be fine because they're rich.

It's the other 16 year olds out there that aren't rich that I worry about. The ones that think it's okay and they want to do it, too.

One news report said that Jamie Lynn had a live-in boyfriend...at 16! What difference would a curfew make if that's true? OY!

I choose to use the Spears' girls' debaucles as examples for my son of what sort of girls NOT to bring home to meet me...

My daughter asked about it...what do you say? Spears and her baby will be fine because they're rich.

Personally, based on our family's worldview, we talk about what kind of trouble premarital sex can get you into, how having a baby at 16 will change her life, what the baby's life will be like, etc.

This is all her mom's fault for letting her shack up with her boyfriend, and then not educate her on how to protect HERSELF from pregnancy as well as STD'S!! WTF!! However, this has nothing to do with hollywood and too much sex on tv...girls have been getting knocked up at an early age since before there was tv!! Only in the past 10-20 years have it become something they weren't ashamed about. Sex ed of today is a joke, you cannot teach abstinence BS to these kids in this day and age. Sex can kill you now, getting a happy feeling can kill you, but no those fundamental Christians want to go back to 1950, and act like STD'S don't exist. I can understand the outrage to some extent. However, if you're instilling the RIGHT thing's in your kids then they will follow, then lead by example. Yes, it is a horrific thing that this child is pregnant...but to say she is setting some harmful example for young girls is absurd..especially if their parents are doing the shit they're suppose to do as parents. Like, teaching their kids if they absolutely have to have sex..PROTECT THEMSELVES!! Britney, Jaime Lynn, rappers, mags, and movies aren't the ones causing HIV to rise in alarming rates among teens..it's their parents lack of Educating them about SEX, Condoms, as well as abstinence. Teens are smart enough to know how to use their special parts especially when they're hormones alert them they are awake! Most parents think like Lynn Spears "Not My Baby" instead of taking the necessary steps to protect, and educate them about what's there!!

This is all her mom's fault for letting her shack up with her boyfriend, and then not educate her on how to protect HERSELF from pregnancy as well as STD'S!! WTF!! However, this has nothing to do with hollywood and too much sex on tv...girls have been getting knocked up at an early age since before there was tv!! Only in the past 10-20 years have it become something they weren't ashamed about. Sex ed of today is a joke, you cannot teach abstinence BS to these kids in this day and age. Sex can kill you now, getting a happy feeling can kill you, but no those fundamental Christians want to go back to 1950, and act like STD'S don't exist. I can understand the outrage to some extent. However, if you're instilling the RIGHT thing's in your kids then they will follow, then lead by example. Yes, it is a horrific thing that this child is pregnant...but to say she is setting some harmful example for young girls is absurd..especially if their parents are doing the shit they're suppose to do as parents. Like, teaching their kids if they absolutely have to have sex..PROTECT THEMSELVES!! Britney, Jaime Lynn, rappers, mags, and movies aren't the ones causing HIV to rise in alarming rates among teens..it's their parents lack of Educating them about SEX, Condoms, as well as abstinence. Teens are smart enough to know how to use their special parts especially when they're hormones alert them they are awake! Most parents think like Lynn Spears "Not My Baby" instead of taking the necessary steps to protect, and educate them about what's there!!

You seriously, seriously think Jamie Lynn Spears is an example of abstinence education gone wrong? You seriously, seriously think this child didn’t know what birth control was and that had she been instructed as to what it was and how to use it, she wouldn’t be pregnant right now? Seriously? In the world she lives in?

Who is to say she wasn't protecting herself? Condoms breaks. pills can fail. Believe me I have *two* wonderful surprises due to both of those things. Luckily I was a little bit older than Spears when this happened to me. And none of it had to do with my parenting. I have wonderful parents that did teach me about the consequences of my actions. I think most parents today would be absolutely shocked to find out what their kids are doing behind their backs. They would be shocked that their 16 year old is having sex, which unfortunately has become the norm lately. Most parents are going to think "not my baby".

You seriously, seriously think Jamie Lynn Spears is an example of abstinence education gone wrong? You seriously, seriously think this child didn’t know what birth control was and that had she been instructed as to what it was and how to use it, she wouldn’t be pregnant right now? Seriously? In the world she lives in?

Not in her particular situation, since her and her boyfriend was living together and it was condoned by her mother. Also, this child seemed to have done thid on purpose.

Who is to say she wasn't protecting herself? Condoms breaks. pills can fail. Believe me I have *two* wonderful surprises due to both of those things. Luckily I was a little bit older than Spears when this happened to me. And none of it had to do with my parenting. I have wonderful parents that did teach me about the consequences of my actions. I think most parents today would be absolutely shocked to find out what their kids are doing behind their backs. They would be shocked that their 16 year old is having sex, which unfortunately has become the norm lately. Most parents are going to think "not my baby".

You are the exception to the rule, but not all teenage pregnancies result in teen taking the necessary precautions before intercourse. Also, if condoms break that much, and the BC pills are faulty also..then what's the point..right!:)

You are the exception to the rule, but not all teenage pregnancies result in teen taking the necessary precautions before intercourse. Also, if condoms break that much, and the BC pills are faulty also..then what's the point..right!:)

Yeah I am a regular fertile myrtle lol.

I did just want to point out that it could be an accident and maybe not stupidity. Though it does just feel sooooo much better without one :)

So, I'm wondering how long it's going to take for her boyfriend to get charged with statutory rape? In Louisiana (where she lives), it is illegal for her boyfriend (he's 19, not 18) to have sex with her.

Since he's not a black kid getting a blow job, nothing will probably happen, like it did in Georgia.

Just thought I'd stir the pot a little. :) I don't think anything was wrong in either case, other than a lack of judgement. Certainly nothing criminal.

He won't be charged. From what I have read he is actually only 18 and she is one year and 11 months younger than him. She would have to be 2 years younger than him for him to be charged.

Not in her particular situation, since her and her boyfriend was living together and it was condoned by her mother. Also, this child seemed to have done thid on purpose.

Oh, OK, so it's unrelated. It was just a generic opportunity to lambast "those fundamental Christians." It had nothing to do with the situation at hand. I get it.

I have a 16 year old daughter and I SERIOUSLY have had nightmares since I found out about this. I know many 16 yr olds have been pregnant before, just not as well known or advertised. But it really scares me. I do not think for one minute my child is sexually active, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW. I hope others will tell me differently and that you would know if your child is sexually active, but it really really scares me. I mentioned it to Dani and she had said something like "Look who her role model is."

I personally wish Nickelodean would hang her out to dry. I've heard all this talk about how nice it is that they stick by her. I don't think it's nice I think it's sending a message we don't want to send and have actually left them an e-mail to that effect. (for what it's worth)

I think that the whole situation is sad. I personally think Nick should use this as an opportunity to educate kids.

My stepdaughter lived with us until she was 12. However, when she turned 12 she decided she wanted to live with her mother, who was able to gain custody of her simply because the judge thought a girl of that age should be with her mother. Never mind the mother has a history of drug and alcohol abuse and frequent calls to her home for domestic violence. Basically, his daughter didn't want to live with us because we have rules. We are parents first, friends second. Her mother is friends only. She immediately allowed her to start smoking and would purchase cigs for her. She went from being an all A student to dropping out. Her mother allowed her 19 year old boyfrind to move in with them when she was 14. By the time she was 15, big surprise, she was pregnant. She is now 20 and already has 3 kids, no education and no money.

My son is 17 and my daughter turned 15 today. I make a point of having a very open relationship with them. I think that is key to parenting. Don't be naive and do educate and talk to your children. My husband and I have made a point of openly talking to them about sex, drugs and alcohol since they were small children. I am not dumb, I had sex for the first time when I was 16. We encourage our kids to not have sex, to wait until they are older, more mature and ready. However, we also know that their hormones are raging. Therefore, they understand that if they do decide to have sex, they are encouraged to come to us first so we can make sure they are protected against pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. They know I won't condem them because they will do it whether or not I offer my blessing. Therefore, if they are going to be sexually active, I want them protected!!

Susan: Sounds like a great relationship you have with your two teenagers. I'm afraid mine is not that open. She knows the expectations we have for her, as we've made it very clear. I'm afraid I have put us in a position where she wouldn't come to me because she would be afraid I would voice my opinion - LOUDLY! I think I'm going to have a sit down talk with her and let her know that, although I would not likely approve, I would want her to tell me anyway. I never knew parenting could be so difficult!