Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All,

A brief on my endoscopy sleeve gastroplasty journey. I had my ESG in REGO PARK by Dr.Batash. Dr. Batash is very charming and a great provider. When I first met him for my consult I was concerned about ulcer erosions I've had from previous stomach ulcers, as well as IBS and GERD. He was very informative and open to many questions. The ESG procedure is not covered by insurance, but Dr.Batash is not selling it to you. Which I truly appreciated. My procedure was 2 weeks ago. My biggest struggle is the after-procedure diet. Week 1 - liquids, Week 2 Purees. I am a picky picky girl.. week 1 was ok, being that I was healing and my appetite was off a bit. I did have Gatorade Zero, Lipton broth, Jello, and Water. The water felt harsh... so a friend said, to drink alkaline water. I'm on week 2, purees ... what a headache. I can't fathom blending chicken and sweet potatoes, or greens at that. I bought baby food, which 4 OZ was filling. I'll stick to my broth until I can actually chew something, and Protein Shake provided by the office as well. I did meet with the Wellness Coach provided for 1 year or is part of the package. Lots of info on portion size and what to eat. Only wish they could email me the conversation as opposed to me writing it down. I've tried to walk the 30 minutes daily.

So if you have any tips on how to make this smoothy or want information from me... Just let me know.

I had my ESG at Dr Batash's office on 23rd! I agree he is very charming haha. My nurse advised against blending my own food for puree, so wonder what was up with that..? How are you doing energy wise? I pretty much slept the next 3 days and still have very low energy. I've lost 10 pounds though which is insane to me!

Hello!!!

Yes! I've lost 10lbs. I was weighing myself every day, but I've stopped and now doing weekly. My energy has picked up a little. I've found laughing cow cheese wedges to be my savior when I want something salty. I feel a little bloated, don't know how to read my body yet. Like, am I hungry or full? I was told to have 77oz -96 oz of water... I'm just trying lol

Oh that's great to know re: laughing cow cheese! Spoke to my coach for the first time today and he recommended pink Himalayan salt Water with fruit to quell hunger, so gonna try that. I have the same issue as you, I'm having trouble distinguishing whether I'm hungry or full, and am paranoid af about stretching my stomach. Do you pace out your water intake throughout the day? I find that the hardest lol

It's the worst. I'm not big on drinking Water and if I do like to gulp or chug it to get over with it. But lately, I am trying to time myself, like I have to drink the 8oz in 1 hour and continue from there. My coach said don't drink from plastic bottles, buy tin or glass. She's "noticed" the toxicant from bottles has delayed weight loss in some of the patients. Also organic fruits only, including coffee. Yet, No Bananas or Mangos.