Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Softs Go To Foods

I’m 7 weeks post op on a revision and on soft foods. Having a hard time figuring out what to eat, especially as I return to the office and work. What are your go to foods/meals in this phase?

I ate lunch meat, cheeses, ground turkey with taco seasoning and a little cheese, egg salad, chicken salad. I think i even ate slow cooker chicken and turkey burgers.

I found a good quality supermarket that did mini meals. I liked the minced meat and gravy topped with mashed potato. Fish pie and a mild minced meat curry and rice. There was plenty of Protein in them. I also made a tummy friendly Moussaka with baked aubergine instead of fried. I make a lot of Soup, big soup fans. Mushroom with added bacon, blitzed at the end with extra cheese and or a light cream. Pea soup or carrot, sweet potato and red lentil are also great because they are good and thick when blitzed and full of protein. As you can tell I had my surgery in our winter months and needed warming foods. I was allowed melba toast and cream cheese, pate or Peanut Butter. I had a ton of protein yogurts, soft scrambled and boiled egg, tuna mayo. Good luck with finding suitable foods, it is a bit of a head scratcher in the early days

I did a lot of Soups and yogurt at the time, along with very soft set scrambled eggs.

I am just out of soft foods. I made individual baked ricotta, tuna salad with the flavored tuna pouches, refried Beans, pea Soup, black beans, turkey taco meat (cooked with a small amount of Water in the pan to make it softer), chicken stewed in Tomato sauce (may be too acidic for some), deviled eggs, tilapia in foil pouches with lemon, Protein oatmeal, chicken stewed in coconut milk and thai spice base, shepherds pie, and I am sure I am forgetting a lot. I was on soft food for 2 weeks and was supposed to eat five 2-3 ounce meals a day. I get bored easily so I did a lot of experimenting.

Here is the baked ricotta recipe I used. I found some ramekins on Amazon that had 2 and 4 ounce measurement marks and used those with 2 ounces in each. Perfect size.
https://bariatricbits.com/single-serve-baked-ricotta/

Edited by Lisa XO
added recipe link

I ate a lot of hummus, chili, black Beans, oatmeal, hearty Soups, tofu, fish, well cooked veggies, soft fruits or fruits with high Water content like granny smith applesauce, bananas, watermelon.

tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad. I used part mayo / part yogurt / or mashed avocado as a binder. I made some hearty Soups /soft stews in my crock pot ( chicken and carrots, green Beans, some white beans, Tomato paste) and put them in small containers in the freezer (like the extra small ones that you can get at the market like 6 or 8 in a package). Those I could heat and eat at work. I would pack two "lunches" as I ate such a small amount - I needed two ! Also of course, yogurt, soft cheeses, melon, applesauce.

A had a LOT of yogurt and Turkey chili. This combination sounds weird but I also had cottage cheese with marinara sauce and heat it up in the microwave. Cottage cheese is much more satisfying for me than ricotta and it was just as delicious. I also had a lot of Aloha Protein Bars, they’re my favorite and they’re soft and not too chewy.

I made a few stews/casseroles & chunky Soups. Anything slow cooked so the meat is fall off the bone tender. I also cooked a lot of minced meat dishes: bolognese with zucchini noodles, rissoles/meatballs, savoury mince, etc. Still kept things moist with gravies. Everything was easy to freeze in single servings & reheat at work.