Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck! I look forward to your comments after surgery. My surgery is scheduled for next Friday, and I’m excited and so nervous.

I've been home one full day and it's been scary at times and then absolutely fine the rest of the time.
It's scary having to drink Soup and figure out if you're full or if you're just psyching yourself out.
Hiccups hurt like a cow is jumping on your chest.
My tongue has its own fur coat, which is gross to the max.. I need to invest in a tongue scraper ASAP.
I woke at 6 in pain, took a tramadol, and slept for another 4 hours. It's been a weird day.
I'm still so happy though, no regrets whatsoever.

So.. sipping is the key. With your 20 seconds between each one. It sounds tedious, but you won't forget when you get that bubble of pain or have to run to the loo because your stomach is literally too full.

This was a jumble of words!
Apologies.
I spent my 30th birthday, recovering, in the hospital. It wasn't too bad, everyone kept wishing me a happy birthday. It was nice.
Okay, goodnight!
- Jo

Sent from my M2101K9G using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, I’m new here [emoji2]. My name is Jennifer, and I’m getting sleeved on 12/19/2022. I’m excited and terrified especially after the results from some of my labs. Good luck to you!
Good Luck [emoji106] u got this

Sent from my SM-S908U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello. Jacquie here. Newbie. December 21 is my surgery date. Tomorrow I'm going full-on pre-surgical diet although I've only had Protein Bars for the past several days. I ordered a bunch of Protein Shakes and Vitamins that will be here tomorrow.

Unfortunately mine has not been the best of all possible experiences to date. My surgeon -- I really like him. Unfortunately, he has been in the process of splitting his practice with another surgeon, and he's also had some office turnover, so the brunt of scheduling all the labs and various medical clearance appointments...making sure my prescriptions have been dealt with...I feel like it's been a very D.I.Y. process, unfortunately. And subsequently I'm probably more afraid than I need to be.

2 hours ago, blackginger said:

Hello. I'm am scheduled for VSG 12/28. I think I'm having second thoughts. I have been reading posts and I'm getting discouraged with the preop diet.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

Don't get discouraged! I felt that way too just prior to starting my pre-op. I was on the liquids for two weeks prior to surgery, I went through the thanksgiving holiday on liquids and I made it, you can too!! Just focus on your goal. I did a lot of praying to get me through that phase. I had my surgery on Nov 29th and so far things have been working out fine. I am now at the soft food stage and the liquids are but a memory. My focus now is making sure i am eating healthy foods with Protein and getting my fluids in, you can do this!!!

Edited by Merri Beth
wrong date.

Hello. I'm am scheduled for VSG 12/28. I think I'm having second thoughts. I have been reading posts and I'm getting discouraged with the preop diet.

You are so close. I'm having a bypass the day after you. While the pre-op diet has been hard I understand why it's necessary. I try to remember why I decided to do WLS in the first place. If it helps, look back at the checklist and all the things you've done to make it this far! Those are huge milestones in and of itself. Rather than concentrate on all of the posts in the forum that make you question your decision, look at the thousands of positive posts where people have truly been able to change their lifestyle and regain their health.

We are in this together! Stay strong. I know it's really difficult to maintain pre-op guidelines when there is sugary food everywhere, but we're doing this for ourselves. Just imagine where we will be in our journeys next December!

Tell me, what is one of the milestones you are most looking forward to with weight loss? I want to be able to walk down the stairs in my house without my knees hurting and to be able to wear pants without elastic waists, again.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

Don't get discouraged! I felt that way too just prior to starting my pre-op. I was on the liquids for two weeks prior to surgery, I went through the thanksgiving holiday on liquids and I made it, you can too!! Just focus on your goal. I did a lot of praying to get me through that phase. I had my surgery on Nov 29th and so far things have been working out fine. I am now at the soft food stage and the liquids are but a memory. My focus now is making sure i am eating healthy foods with Protein and getting my fluids in, you can do this!!!
Thank you Merri Beth!

You are so close. I'm having a bypass the day after you. While the pre-op diet has been hard I understand why it's necessary. I try to remember why I decided to do WLS in the first place. If it helps, look back at the checklist and all the things you've done to make it this far! Those are huge milestones in and of itself. Rather than concentrate on all of the posts in the forum that make you question your decision, look at the thousands of positive posts where people have truly been able to change their lifestyle and regain their health.

We are in this together! Stay strong. I know it's really difficult to maintain pre-op guidelines when there is sugary food everywhere, but we're doing this for ourselves. Just imagine where we will be in our journeys next December!

Tell me, what is one of the milestones you are most looking forward to with weight loss? I want to be able to walk down the stairs in my house without my knees hurting and to be able to wear pants without elastic waists, again.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

I want to be able to cross my legs and be active without pain.

Having the sleeve done on December 30 by Dr Alvarez, anyone gonna be there from here?

from The Woodlands - current BMI is 39 & doing this to help now and preventative due to several genetics counting against me on the mothers side of family.

nervous, but I know I’m in good hands! I had my gallbladder taken out Last end of Jan & I know I can do it!

On 12/23/2022 at 9:09 PM, blackginger said:

Hi Blackginger , my sleeve surgery date is also the 28th. Im also nervous, but keeping in mind i need to do this for long term health. My knees weren’t meant to carry this weight! And my momhas diabetes and high blood pressure. (Only 20 yrs older than me, im 54). Im in the Boston area. Hang in there!!!

60 yo male HS chemistry teacher from Cedar Park TX. Went to Puerto Vallarta and had the surgery on 12-20. Home now and feeling great. So this is Day 7 Post Op. My only struggle is my mind keeps telling me I need to eat something. No real issues with getting things down. Sip by sip :)

2 hours ago, Purple Pride said:

60 yo male HS chemistry teacher from Cedar Park TX. Went to Puerto Vallarta and had the surgery on 12-20. Home now and feeling great. So this is Day 7 Post Op. My only struggle is my mind keeps telling me I need to eat something. No real issues with getting things down. Sip by sip :)

I am a couple days shy of one month. My struggle is getting all the fluids in I feel like I am drinking constantly but when i check my intake it seems like it is never enough!

Had my sleeve on the 14th. Just about all of the pain is gone or minimal. Moving on to a liquid/pureed diet this week. Congratulations to all who have gone through the door. If you're getting close and having second thoughts, remember that we all had those thoughts. But you've worked hard to get here and final steps are just a few. Your future is on the other side of the door. Step through and begin your new life.

10 hours ago, Voogs said:

Had my sleeve on the 14th. Just about all of the pain is gone or minimal. Moving on to a liquid/pureed diet this week. Congratulations to all who have gone through the door. If you're getting close and having second thoughts, remember that we all had those thoughts. But you've worked hard to get here and final steps are just a few. Your future is on the other side of the door. Step through and begin your new life.

I definitely needed to hear this! This is such a major decision...but I'm realizing I have been feeling completely defeated after all these years and so many attempts. With your story and others on this forum, I'm slowly beginning to feel hope.

Congratulations to you and here's to a brand new you in 2023! 👏