Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Numbness everywhere

Hello everyone, I could really use some input or info on anyone that has experienced numbness of the body. Where was the numbness? Did it progress? What did the doctor suggest and did it clear? I started to experience some numbness in my legs about 3 1/2 weeks ago. The numbness now has progressed to pretty much my whole entire body except for my head everything is numb and it’s to the point where it’s getting a little harder to walk without feeling like I might fall but I’m thankful I can still walk at this point. I don’t really experience much tingling and it’s not painful even though every now and then I’ll get a little shocks when I am sitting crisscross or stretching my legs out. I will say my doctor to test for Vitamin deficiencies and I am a little low on two of my B Vitamins and Iron but we are working to fix that now.
I would love to hear from someone who has experienced this or someone who knows about this type of issue good or bad I would just really like some input and ultimately resolution

Since your profile is not filled out i dont know when you had your surgery... So please try to fill it out. It helps a ton when asking questions. As for the leg issues. I would suggest seeing your doctor and getting a lab order to get a ultrasound of your veins in your legs. I went to the ER about a month after surgery due to swelling, numbness. thinking it could be a deep vein thrombosis... But they checked me out and i was clear. They said for me it was just simply my body going thru the changes of surgery.

5 hours ago, liveaboard15 said:

Since your profile is not filled out i dont know when you had your surgery... So please try to fill it out. It helps a ton when asking questions. As for the leg issues. I would suggest seeing your doctor and getting a lab order to get a ultrasound of your veins in your legs. I went to the ER about a month after surgery due to swelling, numbness. thinking it could be a deep vein thrombosis... But they checked me out and i was clear. They said for me it was just simply my body going thru the changes of surgery.

Oh I wasn’t aware about the profile thing but I will fill it out to help with answering questions. Was it only in your legs? Is it cleared up now?

that doesn't sound normal. I'd contact your clinic.

7 hours ago, PennyIris said:

Oh I wasn’t aware about the profile thing but I will fill it out to help with answering questions. Was it only in your legs? Is it cleared up now?

yes it cleared up after a few weeks. and the main issue was my legs yes. It was not all over

I had weird feelings in my legs too, but it was only my legs from what I remember although ATM I have a numb feeling in my back but I suspect that's from an old back injury. When you say numb does it feel numb when you touch the area or is it just a sensation similar to numbness? My legs felt normal to touch but weird/ numb when I walked. It passed after a few months

Edited by SleeverSk

10 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

I had weird feelings in my legs too, but it was only my legs from what I remember although ATM I have a numb feeling in my back but I suspect that's from an old back injury. When you say numb does it feel numb when you touch the area or is it just a sensation similar to numbness? My legs felt normal to touch but weird/ numb when I walked. It passed after a few months

For me it’s numb to the touch. I can’t really feel much pressure from my own fingertips when running them across my skin but it is also an uncomfortable feeling when standing and walking as well. Not painful just feels like my legs aren’t mine if that makes sense.

Sound simular to what I experienced but I suggest you get it checked out by a Dr.