Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Majorly embarrassing moment on my first day back to work

First time poster:

Figured this is a group that would appreciate this…..

I’m 3 weeks post surgery and am down a little bit of weight. On my first day back to work, I put on my regular work pants (stretch dress pants, 2XL). I also had put on a new body shaper (HoneyLove) because I have to wear a suit in a couple days for an important offsite meeting. I tried on the shaper this morning and decided it was best to wear it to work to get used to wearing it/break it in. Plus it’s like wearing the binder and actually helped with the discomfort from the laparoscopic sites.

Problem is, I didn’t think about the combination of the weight loss + the silkiness of the body shaper meant that the loose dress pants really had nothing to cling to. They don’t have any pockets or belt loops. I walk into the front door of a very busy building, swipe my badge, and as I’m in the front lobby and beginning to walk down the hallway to the elevators, I almost trip—MY PANTS WERE AROUND MY ANKLES. Because of the legs of the body shaper shorts, I never even felt them slip down. I’m carrying things in my arms and immediately have to bend down, drop everything out of my arms, grab my pants, pull them up, then hold them up while I pick up everything off the floor. 😖🥺😳😳😳😳😳

I didn’t even look around to see how many people saw the whole thing. I just kept my head down, kept one hand clinging onto my pants with the other arm juggling my stuff and walk as fast as I can to the elevators. Had to walk around with one hand down on my side slyly gripping my pants. Felt like Bob Dole with a dead arm while I was awkwardly walking from room to room. 🤣😂

*Sigh*. Good news/bad news eh? Definitely an eventful return to work!

Well at least you had the body shaper on. So people saw nothing more than they would with a swimsuit! Time to get new pants though.

I dont know what your dress code for your work is but I highly recommend you look at the three in one size pants options! I have a couple pairs of old navy ones. I got them on sale for around 25 dollars. I figured since they will fit size 14 16 and 18 I will get good use out of them! the black rockstar ones are not jean like material so I wear them as if they are skinny slacks for work. (I work in a bank)

LOL this happens to me with pajama pants & I always think "imagine how crazy itd be if this happened in public"😭 I would be embarrassed! I hope everyone acts like it never happened hahaha

This reminds me of an old family story of this happening to an aunt but it was her knickers. She was in a busy department store when they simply fell to the floor. She apparently just stepped out of them & kept walking … straight to the lingerie section where she bought new smaller knickers. 😂

On 11/08/2022 at 23:03, Arabesque said:

This reminds me of an old family story of this happening to an aunt but it was her knickers. She was in a busy department store when they simply fell to the floor. She apparently just stepped out of them & kept walking … straight to the lingerie section where she bought new smaller knickers. 😂

Omg that’s classic bad ass right there!!!!

On 11/08/2022 at 15:27, heatherdbby said:

I dont know what your dress code for your work is but I highly recommend you look at the three in one size pants options! I have a couple pairs of old navy ones. I got them on sale for around 25 dollars. I figured since they will fit size 14 16 and 18 I will get good use out of them! the black rockstar ones are not jean like material so I wear them as if they are skinny slacks for work. (I work in a bank)

Great idea! Thank you!