Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a November surgery pal



Recommended Posts

We'll, I had my gastric bypass yesterday,. Been discharged from hospital. Haven't needed pain meds since midnight. Feeling really good! I hope everyone's surgery & recovery is as easy as mine has been! Having all of you people to talk with & learn from, really made a significant success in how I went into this! Thank you! and love you!

Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow they only kept you one night? They kept me 2 nights with the sleeve. I had mine on Wednesday. I have had pain killers once since I let the hospital. I am having trouble trying to get all the fluids down, but I feel pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had bypass surgery on the 1st. I'm feeling pretty human today and will try to sleep without the pain meds tonight. I had a drain port and that was taken out today. After that was removed, I've felt much much better. I'm not having a problem with liquids but Proteins just don't agree with me at all. I'm hoping since I can move to milk based drinks tomorrow that will change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Just had surgery on 11/10 and am in liquids until Wednesday. Overall I’ve just been very lethargic but wondering how long other peoples bloating and general swelling from the surgery last?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Courtney* said:

Hi everyone! Just had surgery on 11/10 and am in liquids until Wednesday. Overall I’ve just been very lethargic but wondering how long other peoples bloating and general swelling from the surgery last?

Gastric Bypass on the 8th. Glad to hear you have to stay on liquids only one week! Mine is 2 weeks 😩

The swelling and bloating caught me by surprise. I didn't realize how big my belly would get! Then after 2 days it stayed swelled but sunk big time with gravity. Felt like I was carring a pouch of melting Jello. Now completed day 6 and the swelling is down about 80%. I can actually reach in and feel my ab muscles again.

I too was lethargic but kind of expecting that after surgery. I did my little walks but other than that I did exactly what I planned to do for the first 3-4 days: Nothing. Geting energy back now a little each day.

Keeping up with the fluids and Protein but am totally sick of Protein Shakes. Unfortunetly, I am stuck with this liquid diet for 9 more days. I was getting too obsessive with an intake schedule and worrying about counting ounces. Now I just eyeball it and go with the flow.

Not hungry BUT would love to have taste of asiago cheese right now. Speaking of that, someone should make sugar free Jello with a cheesburger flavor 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Old Salt said:

Gastric Bypass on the 8th. Glad to hear you have to stay on liquids only one week! Mine is 2 weeks 😩

The swelling and bloating caught me by surprise. I didn't realize how big my belly would get! Then after 2 days it stayed swelled but sunk big time with gravity. Felt like I was carring a pouch of melting Jello. Now completed day 6 and the swelling is down about 80%. I can actually reach in and feel my ab muscles again.

I too was lethargic but kind of expecting that after surgery. I did my little walks but other than that I did exactly what I planned to do for the first 3-4 days: Nothing. Geting energy back now a little each day.

Keeping up with the fluids and Protein but am totally sick of Protein Shakes. Unfortunetly, I am stuck with this liquid diet for 9 more days. I was getting too obsessive with an intake schedule and worrying about counting ounces. Now I just eyeball it and go with the flow.

Not hungry BUT would love to have taste of asiago cheese right now. Speaking of that, someone should make sugar free Jello with a cheesburger flavor 😁

I am in the two weeks liquid faze also and am dreaming about the puréed stage. I can’t stand the Protein Drinks but I am drinking them for my health. cheese would be great right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Old Salt said:

Gastric Bypass on the 8th. Glad to hear you have to stay on liquids only one week! Mine is 2 weeks 😩

The swelling and bloating caught me by surprise. I didn't realize how big my belly would get! Then after 2 days it stayed swelled but sunk big time with gravity. Felt like I was carring a pouch of melting Jello. Now completed day 6 and the swelling is down about 80%. I can actually reach in and feel my ab muscles again.

I too was lethargic but kind of expecting that after surgery. I did my little walks but other than that I did exactly what I planned to do for the first 3-4 days: Nothing. Geting energy back now a little each day.

Keeping up with the fluids and Protein but am totally sick of Protein Shakes. Unfortunetly, I am stuck with this liquid diet for 9 more days. I was getting too obsessive with an intake schedule and worrying about counting ounces. Now I just eyeball it and go with the flow.

Not hungry BUT would love to have taste of asiago cheese right now. Speaking of that, someone should make sugar free Jello with a cheesburger flavor 😁

That’s helpful to know! I’m still on liquids two weeks but “full” ones starting Wednesday and can not wait. Even if it’s just thicker Protein Shakes 😆 I’m also not really hungry but man I want real food so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nov 9th Bypass over here. How is everyone doing with post op so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on day 2 of my two week liquid pre op. I keep telling myself if I made through day one I can make through day two and on and on.... I am taking it one day at time. I am treating it like being in recovery from any other addiction, one day at a time. I am also praying my way through this whole process. Surgery is Nov 28th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Merri Beth said:

I am on day 2 of my two week liquid pre op. I keep telling myself if I made through day one I can make through day two and on and on.... I am taking it one day at time. I am treating it like being in recovery from any other addiction, one day at a time. I am also praying my way through this whole process. Surgery is Nov 28th.

It will get easier, trust me. By day 4 it was bearable but the first 3 days, I was wondering if everyone who said it gets easier was just lying lol

I'm on day 9 and get hungry but drink Water and it goes away then my shakes once some time has passes. I also do Jello and broth in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,
I’m going have my surgery in less than two weeks November 7 - looking for a few pals with the same surgery date or month. I’m going to have the bypass.
Had gatsric bypass on 11-9-22. Down 25lbs total (including preop diet weight loss)

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Hesitant but hopeful

      Hey October Surgery friends...how are you doing? I've lost 15 lbs since surgery on 18th.42 lbs overall. Wearing clothes that feel great. Had a bout of cold and stomach flu and still having some nausea off and on after that but getting better, I think. 
      Seems like I fill up and have minor pain quicker when I eat hot foods rather than cold. Anyone else notice this?
      Still sooo glad I did this.
      · 2 replies
      1. Bettyboop56

        I had surgery Oct 29. Lost 35#. Plateau now. But seeing what clothes fit now is encouraging.

      2. Bettyboop56

        My surgery was 10/19. #40 down since surgeon pre op visit. Getting close to end of soft foods. I think only issue going to regular foods is portion size. So far trying a new food every day. With no issues.

    • Merri Beth  »  SamaLotus

      Hi I just saw that you are in Las Vegas too. We are going to the same center. Dr Laduc in same office as Dr Atkinson, is doing my sleeve on Nov. 28th.  I wish you the best!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Jessica100858

      24 days and counting down til surgery 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Bunny78

      Just over 2 weeks post-op….I’m getting there
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Voogs  »  KimA-GA

      always look forward to your updates, Hope you are well.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×