Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2022 surgery support!

Hi everyone! had a couple of rough weeks dealing with a cold and a family member in ICU, but we are finally home and I'm back on track with my Protein and fluids. Had to get an IV twice, I was getting leg cramps, but all should be moving towards the goal from now on. I do have a business trip next week but expect to follow plan since I'm now in the stage where I can basically eat up to 4oz of protein, salads, veggies and fruits, of course my intake is less than that, but it gives me variety.

Hello, how are the November people doing?

I have been doing good, did not see much weight loss last week since I was on vacation and did eat carbs and had a margarita, but did not gain. I started to walk 30 to 1 hr 5 times a week and will start strength training soon just not the stomach portion since sometimes I do have some small numbness there still.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I’m officially 3 months and almost a week out of surgery and 60 pound down since first thinking about WLS and that puts me at 50% weight loss from what I put as my goal weight.

Had my 3month appointment last week. We went over calorie goals, macro distribution, any issues we are having and learning curves. We went over goal weight and the RN said that most of the patients say they have 20-30lbs to go on the 6-month appointment and during that appointment is when we go over the goal weight we should be aiming for and what we need to change to reach that.

I should be able to get back on track with Protein, fluids and exercise this week. I’m going to start with having Protein Shakes again at least daily (some days I was trying to meet it only with food) and carrying my 48oz water bottle with me every where and go back to weighing myself weekly.

Wishing everyone good and positive energy in your journey!

Hope everyone is doing well! I finished my 1 month training program, start a 2 month one on Monday. My weight loss has been slow, I was going to say non existent but then realized I still lost almost 10 lbs this month. I knew starting weights was going to change the way I weight myself since muscle uses Water to heal, but there were some weeks were I was loosing a pound. Once I upped the water, which I hit now 78-84 oz easily and my Protein is on point, I started to loose again. But can't complain, really haven't had any stalls and if this can count as one, I'm grateful for it.

Exercise made me hungry, like crazy hungry. There was a day where I was snacking on Cookies, Quest chips etc and realized I needed to stop before it became an issue, so I'm doing 3 meals and a Protein Shake split into 2 Snacks. I'm also thinking of doing a few days of shakes only, if I see my weight not moving much this month. I want to be in onederland by 6 months.

Almost at 5 months and officially 50 lbs to goal weight. Have been following my exercise regime and feel more toned. Clothes that I had saved from many years ago are loose, I may need new clothes for my vacation next month or will use safety pins to wait it out until mid summer. Feeling confident and energetic so booked a few activities that I wouldn't be willing to do prior to surgery. Increased my calorie a little bit since I'm lifting heavier this week but stay within 800 calories.

Had my blood test done yesterday since my 6 month post op appt is next week and then I'm off to vacation. I can't believe it has been since months already.

Is anyone having extreme hair loss….. I am not liking my surgeon at all. I have had lab work and levels be off and she refers me to my GP and then I asked her about Hair loss and she said it happens. I asked about Biotin and her reply was be careful it can change other lab levels ……. I’m happy I did this my life is 1000% but not happy with the aftercare follow up and lack of support. I’ve maybe only asked two questions. Not like I’m inundating

Sorry to hear about the lack of support. I have Hair loss, not extreme but it is noticeable. I used to loose a lot before and now its like double that, so I cut my hair 30 days post of so it wasn't as noticeable.. Biotin is supposed to help with new Hair growth, but it would not stop the hair shedding/loss. My surgeon's office suggest being on top of your Vitamins and Proteins, taking the biotin supplement to make sure new hair growth is strong. Some from my support group swear my castor oil and other supplements but I have not tried it.

Few days from 6 months and literally less than 3lbs from being in onederland!!! I had my 6 month follow up, have to cut down on my B12, was double the highest amount. My cholesterol was exactly 200 I thought it was bad but the RN told me that because I'm loosing fat my body has to metabolize it so it may show higher the first year or so but not to worry and have it checked again at 1yr.

We went over goal weight and she said to aim to be at a BMI below 30 which is somewhere I want to be. Originally my goal was 180 then I changed it to 160 to see how far I will go.

Off to vacation next week, hoping I can come back and be surprised with being at least 199.9 lol