Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I guess just not waking up, any doubts or concerns about complications I looked up and informed myself before opting for surgery. Since I'm self paid everything is moving in terms of weeks, so currently worrying about having Vitamins, containers, scheduling clearances and doing a trip I had schedule before the preop diet starts, which keeps the mind busy.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday and my anxiety is pretty high. I'm thinking of canceling. I'm wondering if there's anything else I could do instead of surgery that won't be as disruptive and difficult. I worry about nausea and having a hard time eating when I can again and not knowing what I will be able to eat. I'm a big veggie person over meats and am reading that many veggies be challenging to eat. Sorry, just a ball of nerves and a bit depressed, but out of time.

Please don’t worry, I had mine last Monday. It’s the best thing I’ve done. Yes there is some pain and you are frightened , however it’s worth all of it. I’ve lost 2 stone in three weeks following the LRD diet and surgery. Good luck x

Ok, I'm the rare weirdo that was absolutely not worried about anything. I was so excited and so ready that there was no room for nerves. When I got to the hospital that day, my surgeon said they could give me something for my nerves if I needed it and he was shocked that I didn't lol I was laughing and chatting and just ready. I haven't regretted it at all. I'm 5 1/2 months out, and I will say the week before and 2 weeks after the surgery were the hardest. Week before because of the liquid diet and 2 weeks after because my stomach was ultra sensitive and I had a lot of pain at my incisions. Week 3 was better, and by week 4 I was completely fine. There will be some pain, and you will absolutely have to relearn how to properly eat and drink. But I promise you, this will absolutely improve your life so much if you follow the plan and put in the work. It's a very useful tool.

7 hours ago, T--Bird said:

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday and my anxiety is pretty high. I'm thinking of canceling. I'm wondering if there's anything else I could do instead of surgery that won't be as disruptive and difficult. I worry about nausea and having a hard time eating when I can again and not knowing what I will be able to eat. I'm a big veggie person over meats and am reading that many veggies be challenging to eat. Sorry, just a ball of nerves and a bit depressed, but out of time.

My surgery is tomorrow, too! (If that's what you mean by Tuesday). The things you're worried about, are temporary issues. Once our tummies settle down - by about a year out - we can pretty much eat anything we want. That's why some people regain all their lost weight - because they're able to go back to their old eating habits. Yes, things will be hard at first. But it will get better. :)

2 hours ago, Jeanniebug said:

My surgery is tomorrow, too! (If that's what you mean by Tuesday). The things you're worried about, are temporary issues. Once our tummies settle down - by about a year out - we can pretty much eat anything we want. That's why some people regain all their lost weight - because they're able to go back to their old eating habits. Yes, things will be hard at first. But it will get better. :)

Healthy wishes for a speedy process and recovery!

2 hours ago, NP_WIP said:

Healthy wishes for a speedy process and recovery!

Thank you!

Man I wasn’t worried about the typical things either like death etc…
I worried mostly that it wouldn’t work for me. That I wouldn’t get to goal or that I’d regain it all back.
I’m here to you tell you that it did work for me and 4 years later I’ve kept it off. That worry doesn’t go away though. I still worry that I’ll regain.
So for me I say…..#WORTH IT!

My surgery is tomorrow, too! (If that's what you mean by Tuesday). The things you're worried about, are temporary issues. Once our tummies settle down - by about a year out - we can pretty much eat anything we want. That's why some people regain all their lost weight - because they're able to go back to their old eating habits. Yes, things will be hard at first. But it will get better. [emoji4]
Thank you for this, surgery twin! Best of luck tomorrow to us both!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok, I'm the rare weirdo that was absolutely not worried about anything. I was so excited and so ready that there was no room for nerves. When I got to the hospital that day, my surgeon said they could give me something for my nerves if I needed it and he was shocked that I didn't lol I was laughing and chatting and just ready. I haven't regretted it at all. I'm 5 1/2 months out, and I will say the week before and 2 weeks after the surgery were the hardest. Week before because of the liquid diet and 2 weeks after because my stomach was ultra sensitive and I had a lot of pain at my incisions. Week 3 was better, and by week 4 I was completely fine. There will be some pain, and you will absolutely have to relearn how to properly eat and drink. But I promise you, this will absolutely improve your life so much if you follow the plan and put in the work. It's a very useful tool.
Thank you for sharing your experience and I'm glad you didn't have the same nerves. When things get tough, I'll figure it out as I do with other areas of life. Thank you!!

Please don’t worry, I had mine last Monday. It’s the best thing I’ve done. Yes there is some pain and you are frightened , however it’s worth all of it. I’ve lost 2 stone in three weeks following the LRD diet and surgery. Good luck x
Thanks so much, Kelly. I appreciate you sharing how you are doing after just a week and that makes me feel better for sure. Cheers!!!

18 minutes ago, T--Bird said:

Thank you for this, surgery twin! Best of luck tomorrow to us both!

Yes! We'll both do great!

I was afraid of how it would effect my body in the long run. Honestly I’m much better off. My health is so much better. It takes time getting use to the feeling after I eat. But with time that will get back to normal. Just follow the steps given to you and it won’t be a big deal. You got this!