Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting for Approval

Hi there. I don't see a thread started for waiting to be approved for January 2008 bandsters.

I hope to be a January bandster...my best new year start ever!

I will be submitting to insurance soon. Thought we could give each other support until approval.:ranger:

What a great thread. I am anxiously awaiting approval. :nervous My paperwork was sent to BCBS nearly two weeks ago and still no word. :( I think the people who are supposed to be approving are probably out holiday partying. :confused: They have no idea how nervous I am about this whole process. How long has everyone else been waiting for approval?

Hi, Well I don't understand the entire procedure but my doctors office has submitted my paper work today yet said they 'penciled me in' for January 17 so that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Have Oxford Liberty PPO and paperwork was submitted on 12/10, the day my surgery date was changed, and approved on 12/13. Not sure if the quick approval was because the date was changed from late January to December 31 though.

What a great thread. I am anxiously awaiting approval. :nervous My paperwork was sent to BCBS nearly two weeks ago and still no word. :( I think the people who are supposed to be approving are probably out holiday partying. :confused: They have no idea how nervous I am about this whole process. How long has everyone else been waiting for approval?

thanks StLouisGal....

I just found out this morning my paperwork was submitted yesterday!

yikes..! to BCBS as well.....

I am sorry to hear you have waited 2 weeks....no way....I don't know if I can hold out that long....

have you tried to give them a call see what the hold is?

but you are probably right if they are like at my job....out for the holidays....LOL or partying LOL

Hi, Well I don't understand the entire procedure but my doctors office has submitted my paper work today yet said they 'penciled me in' for January 17 so that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Well, Alfie that is great...I don't get a surgery date until approval...

Congrats on being a January bandster..but sounds good if they penciled you in......

Have Oxford Liberty PPO and paperwork was submitted on 12/10, the day my surgery date was changed, and approved on 12/13. Not sure if the quick approval was because the date was changed from late January to December 31 though.

Congrats Chrisann on your fast approval...I pray I get a fast approval as well.....

Thanks everyone for replying to my thread....I am hanging from a thread myself......on my knees begging for approval from BCBS.....

If your doctor documented your trials with weight lose fully, you will get through with flying colors, I just know it.:clap2:

You can also call your Benefits Administrator at work and explain the situation, sometimes they can cut the tape and get right to an insurance company rep instead of going through the regular 800 number.

I finally called the insurance company. The Doctor's office submitted the information on Dec. 6. :whoo:The insurance company finally got it on Dec 15 and have submitted it to a nurse to look at for approval. :clap2: The nurse hasn't had time to look at it. :rolleyes When I asked how long it usually took her to get around to looking at it, I was told it depended on how many more she had ahead of me on her desk but once she looks at it, I should have an answer within 72 hours :huytsao But since it is not an emergency they can't do anything to speed up the process. :guess:guess:guess I am welcome to call back next week to see if she has had a chance to look at it. :cry:cry:cry I think I'll call back tomorrow and Friday and maybe they will get tired of hearing from me.:heh::heh::heh:

Thanks for letting me vent. :bounce::bounce::bounce: I'm bouncing off the walls here, I'm so nervous.

:cryI don't blame you...I think I would call everyday too....it will definitely show you are very interested in getting this done and it shows your follow up potential which is what seems to be the sucess with the band!!!!

Am here for you if you ever need to vent...or just let..the tears.....:think.....fall....

that is terrible.....and to think between our employers and ourselves all the money we give to them....jeezzz..

On second thought I think I'm going to call them to make sure they received mine....

I am with BCBS of GA where is your BCBS?

Hello everyone, Just to make all of you feel better, my insurance company is Cigna and they have had all the paperwork for over a month and all they tell me when I call is it's still beng reviewed. At first I was told two weeks, then I was told told 30 days. The last time I called they said it could take up to 30 working days. I actually submitted the Predetermination on Oct 18, 2007. They kicked it out because of a code the Nutritionist did not put on the application. That took until November

18 th to straighten out. So I've been actively working towards this for the past 3 months. I feel like I'm nowhere. Hopefully they will call or send a letter soon. I guess they do have a bunch of cases to review but I really feel like I'm ready for this and want to get going as soon as possible in the new year. My surgeon will not schedule an appointment until the insurance has approved it. And I think there is still more to be done after that like tests to take and such. In October the NP said it would probally happen the end of December or early January it's looking a lot more like February. Godd thing I wasn't holding my breathe.

NEWME10:mad:

Hello everyone, Just to make all of you feel better, my insurance company is Cigna and they have had all the paperwork for over a month and all they tell me when I call is it's still beng reviewed. At first I was told two weeks, then I was told told 30 days. The last time I called they said it could take up to 30 working days. I actually submitted the Predetermination on Oct 18, 2007. They kicked it out because of a code the Nutritionist did not put on the application. That took until November

18 th to straighten out. So I've been actively working towards this for the past 3 months. I feel like I'm nowhere. Hopefully they will call or send a letter soon. I guess they do have a bunch of cases to review but I really feel like I'm ready for this and want to get going as soon as possible in the new year. My surgeon will not schedule an appointment until the insurance has approved it. And I think there is still more to be done after that like tests to take and such. In October the NP said it would probally happen the end of December or early January it's looking a lot more like February. Godd thing I wasn't holding my breathe.

NEWME10:mad:

I'm so sorry to hear that....that should not even be allowed to happen.

But like I was telling StLouisgal it is a shame that our medical providers can do that....

So listening to the stories here...guess what I did...I called my insurance..

The first call was not great....'

She gave me another number...which was a wrong number and not even working..

So I called the precert number in the back of the card....

I spoke to an excellent rep who even put me on hold and spoke to the precert dept and told me they did receive all 15 pages on 12/17/07....but that they take 7-15 business days to make a decision and can even take up to more...but I should have a final hear back tops latest by January 14, 2008. So if I don't get to hear from them in the first couple of day...it looks like I will be turning into a February bandster or even later too....

but like you I too won't be holding my breathe...but will be whispering prayers to the Lord!:pray::pray::pray:

I guess we are all in the same slow boat.

4jin, I have a federal program administered Anthem in Missouri. :biggrin1:

I miss the good old days when my doctor (who actually knows me and makes decisions on what is best for me) made the decisions about my healthcare and proceeded without interference with insurance companies. They just paid the bills when they were submitted. :flypig:

Oh, but they didn't have the band back then :eek:so I guess I'll stick with what I have. :)

I'll be praying for all of you :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:while I'm praying for my insurance company.:pray:

This is my first post here, although I have been a lurker for several months now (didn't want to jinx myself by posting too early:paranoid.) I am hoping to be a January bandster also, and I am currently waiting for approval. It is very nerve wracking to wait and just keep hoping to hear something positive.

So, here's hoping we all have very Happy Holidays and approvals soon. :) ~Amy

You have great taste in tickers. Hope you are approved soon too. It would be a great holiday present!

I have bcbs il hmo so my referral is being reviewed by the director. I'm hoping all the t's and I's are crossed. I had to do 12 months surervised diet before they would approve anything, just finished that on Dec 12th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.