Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Egglife wraps



Recommended Posts

Has anyone tried these? They look promising calorie wise but I’m curious if they are any good and how long they keep since I have only found them in bulk size near me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are good. I used them when I was cleared for eggs. I wrapped cheese in them at the time. Like eggwhites, you have to season them well or they will be bland. I have been meaning to try the flavored ones. They last 7 days in the fridge, decent shelf life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

They are good. I used them when I was cleared for eggs. I wrapped cheese in them at the time. Like eggwhites, you have to season them well or they will be bland. I have been meaning to try the flavored ones. They last 7 days in the fridge, decent shelf life.

What sorts of things do you have in them now? Does it have to be something that tastes okay with eggs? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had them. They are a little bland to use as a wrap and the rubbery texture kind of gets to me. (I have weird texture issues)

But: PRO TIP: I use them in place of noodles to make lasagna and it is DELICIOUS! I highly suggest it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What sorts of things do you have in them now? Does it have to be something that tastes okay with eggs? ?
No, they don't clash at all. I think you can put anything in them, and it will be fine. Because they are just eggwhites, they are on the bland side so you have to season them up with whatever goes with what you are putting inside. They were good grilled. They have southwestern, everything bagel and a few other flavors too that I have been meaning to try. I remember stuffing them with cooked veggies, different types of meats, even ground cooked meat, lettuce and cheese. If I were a Keto type of person (I am not), I would buy it regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

No, they don't clash at all. I think you can put anything in them, and it will be fine. Because they are just eggwhites, they are on the bland side so you have to season them up with whatever goes with what you are putting inside. They were good grilled. They have southwestern, everything bagel and a few other flavors too that I have been meaning to try. I remember stuffing them with cooked veggies, different types of meats, even ground cooked meat, lettuce and cheese. If I were a Keto type of person (I am not), I would buy it regularly.

oooo I never thought to grill them! Definitely giving this a go! Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

No, they don't clash at all. I think you can put anything in them, and it will be fine. Because they are just eggwhites, they are on the bland side so you have to season them up with whatever goes with what you are putting inside. They were good grilled. They have southwestern, everything bagel and a few other flavors too that I have been meaning to try. I remember stuffing them with cooked veggies, different types of meats, even ground cooked meat, lettuce and cheese. If I were a Keto type of person (I am not), I would buy it regularly.

i am hoping for my target to start carrying the flavored one. So far they just have the plain. Our Sam’s club does have the everything bagel but I’m pretty sure I can’t eat anywhere close to 12 in a week. Plus I’m not really a huge fan of that seasoning (i can take it or leave it but it doesn’t add much flavor in my opinion). I am looking forward to the southwestern flavor becoming available though. That sounds good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

i am hoping for my target to start carrying the flavored one. So far they just have the plain. Our Sam’s club does have the everything bagel but I’m pretty sure I can’t eat anywhere close to 12 in a week. Plus I’m not really a huge fan of that seasoning (i can take it or leave it but it doesn’t add much flavor in my opinion). I am looking forward to the southwestern flavor becoming available though. That sounds good.

If you have an Aldi around you, they have them. Cheaper and usually a couple flavors.

You may be able to freeze them also, I haven't tried though.

Edited by kcuster83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

If you have an Aldi around you, they have them. Cheaper and usually a couple flavors.

You may be able to freeze them also, I haven't tried though.

Hummm. I do not but my best friend does. I have been saying we have to go there but warned her since I’ve never been it will be a half day ordeal of me shopping every aisle and reading labels. I don’t think it sounds very exciting to her cause she hasn’t brought it up. Lol. Maybe I just need to make the trip by myself one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't like them, the taste isn't great and the texture is weird. I would skip it. There are a lot of recipes to make "egg Crepes" and wrap on Keto sites. Way better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2022 at 10:35 PM, SuziDavis said:

I didn't like them, the taste isn't great and the texture is weird. I would skip it. There are a lot of recipes to make "egg Crepes" and wrap on Keto sites. Way better.

Totally agree with you. Although everyone's tastes are different, it may be worth trying to decide if it's tasty or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found it to be a good bread replacement. I bought the Italian flavored ones to make a garlic bread. I added shredded cheese and garlic powder then cooked it in the air fryer. It had all of the flavor with out the bread. I also used the plain to make Turkey and cheese roll ups. I tried making pizza but the wrap didn’t hold its shape. I’ll try grilling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Kee-Kee

      Hello my name is Kee-Kee I'm new to the group, I'm almost a month post-opt. My biggest struggle now is eating to same thing over and over again. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Kanika katyal

      A Deep Dive into Modern Coffee Brewing: Siphon, Pour-Over and Automatic Brewers
       The rise of the automatic coffee brewer has added another dimension to this brewing renaissance. As more enthusiasts seek the perfect coffee brewer online in India, understanding these methods becomes paramount.
      Read more: https://kitchenappliancesestore.weebly.com/blog/a-deep-dive-into-modern-coffee-brewing-siphon-pour-over-and-automatic-brewers

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • NickelChip

      I'm checked into the hotel near the hospital and just had my last protein shake of the day. My mom has kindly gone down to the restaurant alone so as not to make me die from watching her eat dinner. Checking in at the hospital tomorrow at 10:50am. So ready!
      · 1 reply
      1. BeanitoDiego

        Pulling for ya!

    • Clueless_girl

      6 wks post surgery, had to go back to the hospital to replenish potassium levels. STILL struggling with abdominal pain and nausea. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

      Six months pots-op as of yesterday. I celebrated with a HIIT class where I was challenged to do a wall-assisted handstand. I truly thought there's no way in hell that I can get up there. Well... I proved myself wrong. The instructor said, "Just try getting one foot up there." I tried and it was so easy, that the other foot went up, and the next thing that I knew, I was standing on my hands with my legs up in the air, leaning against the wall.
      Last weekend I challenged myself to a 10-mile hike, and I was SURE that my legs would be non-functional that night and the next day. But that didn't happen at all.  But I did learn that I need a new hiking boot or shoe. I've got a goal of walking the Portuguese coastal route of the El Camino later this year, and I good shoes will be essential.
      I've hit another weight loss stall, but that's to be expected. I am so close to my goal already that if it does take 6 more months to get that last stone off, that's okay with me. And I am building muscle, so that stone may never move. S'alright friends, s'alright.
      · 1 reply
      1. Bypass2Freedom

        Congratulations! I bet that felt awesome to achieve! 😄

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×